What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

TODAY!

Culturally we are shot. Complete absence of leadership. No respect for the law, community standards a global health crisis etc etc.

Vaughan – terminate. Second infringement directly contradicting NSW Health Authorities.

De Belin – terminate. After 2.5 years that has nearly destroyed his life, the complainant’s life and our Club, attends an event he should not have and if reports are correct, he jumps the back fence to evade Police. Seriously. SERIOUSLY!

McGuire – terminate. Should never have been bought to The Dragons. Adds nothing except educating the younger players on various “grubbiness tactics”.

Norman – gone at the end of the season. Never to be picked in 1st grade again this season.

Dufty – see Norman.

Fuiamano – Terminate. One game back from a big suspension AND …you know the rest.

Kerr / Ellis / Alvaro/ Beale – Terminate. On the basis of stupidity alone.

Lawrie/Lomax/Bird – relegated to CC for the rest of the season and contracts to be downgraded monetarily. If they don’t agree, let them leave and find alternative employment.

It’s about time the players understood that a new Sherriff is in town and you either like it or fxxk off. Simple.

And take the BOD with you on the way out.

We are a miserable Rabble.

I am so close to being done with this Rabble.

Today I did something considered heresy in my family. I told my two sons that they were free to pick another NRL side to support, and that they could continue to live with us. No ramifications, no payback from Dad. I don’t want my boys going through another 40 years of perennial disappointment like I have. My 12-year-old says he wants to support the new QLD side when they come in and said “Dad, can I buy the jersey when it comes out?”. I said “no worries mate”.

My oldest son said (and wait for it)…”Dad, I am so glad I don’t have to follow The Dragons anymore. It’s embarrassing telling your mates who you follow”.

At what stage are supporters going to start organizing properly to turn things around at this Club and demand change? There are enough decent, experienced and educated people on this forum who need to galvanize and to understand (with the support of the NRL) how we can affect change from the BOD down. If there is a will there is a way.
My lowest ebbs were the 1999 Grand Final and being coached by Price and McGregor for a decade.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I’m so devastated by these events. I wish I could make up some defiant or funny post about this situation but in all honesty I’m just gutted. Good if stupid men are going to be destroyed. The club I love is on the rack. Anyhow at the end of the day I will stand behind the team I have since birth until they kicked out of the comp.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
TODAY!

Culturally we are shot. Complete absence of leadership. No respect for the law, community standards a global health crisis etc etc.

Vaughan – terminate. Second infringement directly contradicting NSW Health Authorities.

De Belin – terminate. After 2.5 years that has nearly destroyed his life, the complainant’s life and our Club, attends an event he should not have and if reports are correct, he jumps the back fence to evade Police. Seriously. SERIOUSLY!

McGuire – terminate. Should never have been bought to The Dragons. Adds nothing except educating the younger players on various “grubbiness tactics”.

Norman – gone at the end of the season. Never to be picked in 1st grade again this season.

Dufty – see Norman.

Fuiamano – Terminate. One game back from a big suspension AND …you know the rest.

Kerr / Ellis / Alvaro/ Beale – Terminate. On the basis of stupidity alone.

Lawrie/Lomax/Bird – relegated to CC for the rest of the season and contracts to be downgraded monetarily. If they don’t agree, let them leave and find alternative employment.

It’s about time the players understood that a new Sherriff is in town and you either like it or fxxk off. Simple.

And take the BOD with you on the way out.

We are a miserable Rabble.

I am so close to being done with this Rabble.

Today I did something considered heresy in my family. I told my two sons that they were free to pick another NRL side to support, and that they could continue to live with us. No ramifications, no payback from Dad. I don’t want my boys going through another 40 years of perennial disappointment like I have. My 12-year-old says he wants to support the new QLD side when they come in and said “Dad, can I buy the jersey when it comes out?”. I said “no worries mate”.

My oldest son said (and wait for it)…”Dad, I am so glad I don’t have to follow The Dragons anymore. It’s embarrassing telling your mates who you follow”.

At what stage are supporters going to start organizing properly to turn things around at this Club and demand change? There are enough decent, experienced and educated people on this forum who need to galvanize and to understand (with the support of the NRL) how we can affect change from the BOD down. If there is a will there is a way.
Share your disappointment on the decision these guy's made seems to me PV and JD don't know what is actually important in life as there egos seem to get in the way of decision making. Offer them a down graded contract two days to decide take it or leave it if they leave between them and norman you get 2.1 to 2.3 mil hello smith and finucane plus tpj or sua. We were going to struggle to make the eight with draw we have. Now there is no chance with the punishment that has been handed down we should teach them a lesson and take advantage of a bad situation they have put the club in.

thebigredv

First Grade
Vauhan and Norman must be sacked. The form of both of them is ordinary. Great oppertunity to free up cap space.

Two of the most outrageously over paid players in the club's history, taking us for a ride for years. Vaughan was ok for a while but like McInnes, he is a real Mary-lover. I don't take a shine to the Mary lovers because Mary lovers are not about the red vee. You simply don't pay any forward 850k a year. Norman would admit his form the last 3 years hasn't been worth 250k. But they are both happy to take and take and take from this club.

Couldn't terminate them quick enough.

Gareth67

First Grade
It’s never over Gareth 67 unless the playing group give up

Truly , I would like to think so Saints Forever , however I just cannot see that some of those players have the mettle required to put this fiasco behind them and put their noses to the grindstone .

I realize that I sound like a defeatist , but I , as everyone am so disappointed with their attitude that was on display for the entire rugby league world to see ( a player hiding under the bed ? ) that I think some would be embarrassed to even take the field .

My heart goes out to Griffin and his 2 assistants and all at the Dragons whom have tried to get the team into the 8 , plus the supporters whom have had so many dark winters since 2010 .

I do sincerely hope that I am wrong and they are able to pull themselves together and put a bit of shine back on the halo .

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I’m so devastated by these events. I wish I could make up some defiant or funny post about this situation but in all honesty I’m just gutted. Good if stupid men are going to be destroyed. The club I love is on the rack. Anyhow at the end of the day I will stand behind the team I have since birth until they kicked out of the comp.
I’m like you Forbes Creek Dragons, said nothing just gutted by the F**king idiots why us all the time, Club and fans don’t deserve any of this shit show.

Truly , I would like to think so Saints Forever , however I just cannot see that some of those players have the mettle required to put this fiasco behind them and put their noses to the grindstone .

I realize that I sound like a defeatist , but I , as everyone am so disappointed with their attitude that was on display for the entire rugby league world to see ( a player hiding under the bed ? ) that I think some would be embarrassed to even take the field .

My heart goes out to Griffin and his 2 assistants and all at the Dragons whom have tried to get the team into the 8 , plus the supporters whom have had so many dark winters since 2010 .

I do sincerely hope that I am wrong and they are able to pull themselves together and put a bit of shine back on the halo .
Understand how you feel Gareth 67 and you may well be right, but I have a feeling the remaining players will galvanise and adopt an us against the NRL attitude.

kit66

Bench
Kit
I think the fines are based on players salaries and if they have previous problems .

Thanks qld redvee. The following is not directed at you.

They're based on a complete overreaction from the NRL as usual. These are the same people who overreact to every little story in the media or opinions from the game's commentators and make knee-jerk changes to the game to appease said sources and it's f*cking up our game, it really is. I shouldn't really blame them, it's just a symptom of a sick, self righteous, attention seeking media and an equally sick, self righteous, attention seeking online public who no longer look at things rationally. Everything is now a target, an excuse to hit your key board and shoot that f**ka down. They want blood.
I mean, these men spent the day out on a footy field sweating and bleeding all over each other and 17 other guys, then hung around a cramped dressing shed and showers together then went on to a house and had a few drinks together. They broke a rule but who was put in danger ? No-one, not a single person was put in any danger. $305,000.00 in fines and 20 weeks worth of suspensions. Why ? Because " we " demand it, justice !!! It's Bullsh*t. I can't believe what the NRL has become and Australia for that matter. We used to have a sense of balance and a sense of humour. Not any more.

hewi

Bench

Pretty much sums it up. I’d put Norman at the top of the list to go now and Vaughan can carry his bags. As for JDB he is a goose but I’d give him one more chance and I have to say the bed must have been along way off the floor for him to fit under it. It’s like the three stooges FFS