What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

The self imposed punishments will be doing community stuff while on their little holiday
Not if we are still in lockdown I hope.

All you blokes need is Webby to drone on about how bad they are going be treated and then do……….absolutely nothing.

ie a typical government response to any crisis you want to choose.

Its a DNA-building folk lore event because the lads are bonded by hysteria and punishment.

Brothers in arms, in the dryer, behind the lounge. They should have bolted over the neighbours fence like normal people do. Alas they are footy players….

…..They don’t run without being paid!

BLM01

First Grade
We know that the suspensions can be served over 2-4 weeks, however I’m not sure if there is a limit on the number of players that can serve their suspension in a game. If not, have all but one or 2 serve it against Manly.
Good point

They get what they deserve.
I knew you had some dog in you @stryker puss.

Wait till I report you to the boys back on home forum. Youll be looking over your shoulder for weeks. And don’t turn to our Mods. They’ll look the other way when we are sorting you out on line.

Vlandys bitch. You’ve been unwell since the storm carve up I guess. Don’t blame you Bro.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
The breach is unacceptable and players must face consequences no issue. What sits uncomfortably is, over and above the Police charging and fining players, the employer (NRL) can come in over the top, and at its discretion whack tens of thousands more on each offender. Has the NRL been transparent about its fines policy? Surely if players knew they'd be risking 20,30,50k fines to attend a party no one in their right mind would have gone.
Dugan getting fine 25k wasn't enough of a warning

redv13

Bench
f**k the Manly game, it’s a write off anyway. Stack the suspensions for that game, 7 or 8 out and then the rest vs Souths. Aim to win both games vs the GC and Canberra. We were f**ked in both those games anyway. Win those 2 out of 4 plus the bye and we’ll be on 22 points with a month to go. 24 pts will probably jag 7th or 8th spot

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Matter of simple integrity for mine

In a situation like this anyone trying to lie, hide, conceal, misrepresent etc is of poor moral character and not worthy of pulling on the jumper.

My dear old dad always said if you f**k up and for sure you will just fess up, learn from it and move on with your head head up high.

Nit sure hiding under a bed or in a cupboard or legging it and shooting through and leaving your mates to deal with it ticks that box.

I wonder if anyone suggested that it was best to try and cover for JDB and as a result PV lied and becomes a scape goat for the cover up?

One can only hope that they all tell the truth to the club and everyone is responsible for their own shit.
No one was brought up to value integrity more than me and I fully understand the moral fibre and respect that these blokes were lacking...... I have really given it to them on here these past few days for their selfish, stupid arrogance that they have displayed by attending this so called gathering........but my point was Debelins name appeared because he fessed up later, and he was the 13th and last player to be fined, I get that.... but why was Jacks name mentioned as one that was hiding under a bed.....did they name other players to where they were supposibly hiding......I suggest he got this tag because hes been in the news in the past .....its not a big deal to some but for mine just a headline grabber from the journos and not relevant in this case

Lol. This monster of a human specimen hiding under a bed like a frightened 4 year old.

Holding his breath, the odd gulp as the officers do their search.

“ Nothing in this room Sgt”

“ that’s right constable, move along!” Sarge says as he sees Jacks boots wiggling way near the wall.

Sarge keeps quiet, planning to ring jacks manager later for an “arrangement”

Until of course Senior Inspector Detective Commissioner Albert steps up and solves the case!

Thank you Albert for all you’ve done for us.

George Dragon

Juniors
Younger players have respect for the club? Nah mate. I wouldn’t be saying that without knowing the truth. They’re not regular first graders so they’re not good mates and weren’t invited.
It seems like it was the 17 that beat Warriors, Lomax minus SOO.
Ramsey and Wiliame are the only ones not local.
Ellis lives with Fui

redv13

Bench
Lol. This monster of a human specimen hiding under a bed like a frightened 4 year old.

Holding his breath, the odd gulp as the officers do their search.

“ Nothing in this room Sgt”

“ that’s right constable, move along!” Sarge says as he sees Jacks boots wiggling way.

Sarge keeps quiet, planning to ring his manager later for an “arrangement”

Until of course Senior Inspector Detective Commissioner Albert steps up and solves the case!

Saves the day and keeps us safe!!
On fire mate

rasaint

Juniors
Good on you Silverdale appreciate a bit of perspective.

Funny thing is Beale could probably give Zac Lomax ( I know surely not $650K and for another 5 years ) 10metres start and catch him by the half way line.

Paul Vaughan is a very good forward and consistently runs well over a hundred per game, can offload ( note Bennys try last weekend) and a strong defender. If Paul V is to go; let Zac also move on to display his gifted talents for another team. We could then buy a big fast goal kicking centre / winger like Garrick and save $200K at least.

Saint Pete

Juniors
How do we manage to get balance in the culture of a club in the NRL? We (the fans) worship these players and build them up as superstars from a young age, we laud them in the media, on television and in public; we make excuses for their indiscretions and we lead them to believe they are above normal expectations and standards. We confuse and conflate concepts such as manliness and responsibility and imply that we love them when they are larrikins, show-offs and when they thumb their nose at authority.
The media in particular and the footy TV shows are the worst perpetrators in allowing and promoting these double standards!
We need to rethink! It is clear that what makes a good person in the family, in a job, in a relationship is good values, it is not boring - it is what also makes a good professional footballer!!!

getsmarty

Immortal
Webster just stated on 100% Footy that both Griffin and Haran addressed the players after the warriors game and said words to the effect that we know you all like to get together and have a drink, but you just can't in the current circumstances....

The players went out and did it anyway....speaks volumes....

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Webster just stated on 100% Footy that both Griffin and Haran addressed the players after the warriors game and said words to the effect that we know you all like to get together and have a drink, but you just can't in the current circumstances....

The players went out and did it anyway....speaks volumes....
Yeah. I saw that. Could you imagine the Storm, Rabbitohs, roosters, panthers, or the eels players doing that to their own coach? This just goes to show why we have been useless for 10 years. These merkins don’t even have respect for their own coach let alone everyone else who is in lockdown.