What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I just feel sorry for every one involved at the club from sponsors, supporters, fans, coach even the BOD.
The players involved should be ashamed and why oh why do something sneakily, make it easy for neighbours to complain.
It is almost like Vaughan wants out
Was it a farewell party
Vaughan does want out I reckon, his form over the past 2 weeks was far superior to prior games and he is playing to impress someone. He will get his wish after this but he may not have anywhere to go now.

George Sancti

Juniors
Without knowing the full story I will hold off on suggesting a punishment. However, I suspect that the situation will be a case of gross stupidity as opposed to a conspiracy to secure a release of Paul Vaughan from his contract.

Surely the likes of Zac Lomax and Blake Lawrie would not deliberately jeopardise their team’s standing, let alone their own reputations for the sake of assisting a team mate to break a contract.

randomdragon

Juniors
wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions, it could very well be only 5 or so players who visited Vaughans house which in no way falls into the category of Dugan or any of the bulldogs players as they went out in the community.

ozbuck

Juniors
remember coach Bennett attended a restaurant, breaching the rules last year
and the house where the party held, could have been contaminated with corona. thats why the stay at home covid rules
and Bondi coogee walk is allowed its exercise
you said it was only the players who attended,
reports are different to that

I just heard on MMM it was Paul Vaughn, his wife, and 10 other players from memory. His wife is apart of the bubble apparently. I know it doesn't change the wrongness of their choices. Honestly, walking bondi-coogee for exercise would be higher risk than what the players have done if what MMM have reported is true.

St Tangles

Bench
I just heard on MMM it was Paul Vaughn, his wife, and 10 other players from memory. His wife is apart of the bubble apparently. I know it doesn't change the wrongness of their choices. Honestly, walking bondi-coogee for exercise would be higher risk than what the players have done if what MMM have reported is true.
Apparently 13 $1000 fines handed out by the NSW police force so numbers add up if you include the home owners

Last edited:

ozbuck

Juniors
Apparently 13 $1000 fines handed out by the NSW police force so numbers add up if you include the home owners
Yep, maybe MMM said 11 other players apart from Vaughn. They'll all need to go into 2 week quarantine as per government rules.

Manly game might need to be forfeited if so

jeffdragon

Bench
They did a stupid thing.
They were all part of the bubble.
Weren't out in public.

Geez Wiedler asked abdo about competition points but asks soft questions during a press conference.
He's a turd..

If they will be in isolation or suspended .
They need to rip themselves a new arsenide when and if they play to make it up to everyone at the club and associated with the saints.

St Tangles

Bench
Yep, maybe MMM said 11 other players apart from Vaughn. They'll all need to go into 2 week quarantine as per government rules.

Manly game might need to be forfeited if so
Does the 14day quarantine happen if there was no bio-security breach?

I'd say there may be an NRL standing anyway

Simon

Juniors
So if they’re all out

Sloane
Ramsey
Williame
Feagai
Pereira
Clune
Hunt
Poasa
McCullough
Hunt
Sims
Burns
JDB
Amone
Ford
???
???

Lovemedragons

Juniors
confirmed players we are finished...
Bird
Fuimaono
Vaughan
Lomax
Lawrie
Norman
Dufty
depends on how long each are done for. We have the Feagals (for Bird, Lomax), Sloan (for Dufty), Anyone (for Norman), and a largish hole in the forwards. Hunt, will have to back up now from SOO, we need a kicker. McCulloch and Simms too as there is that largish hole.

mickeylane

Bench
Team v Manly if all players stood down

Sloan
Ramsay
Fegai
Williame
Fegai

Clune
Hunt (must back up)

Faamasuli
MCulloch (must back up)