What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs panthers

TheRev

Coach
2nd tier sides like Penrith and Canberra ???
I wouldn't call Canberra a second tier side.... They are shite this season, worse then ever
Haha well how long has it been since we have beaten Canberra down there? A freaking long time, but hoodoo aside, its not an option to lose to them again this year, season over if we do.. and we should give it to them if were fair dinkum, if not.. carry on 2015.

watatank

Coach
I understand your point, but imo its fair enough to lose against sides like Manly or the Roosters, but if we cant beat the 2nd tier sides like Penrith & Canberra, around a month out from finals, then its all irrelevant, these are the games that need to build a run into the finals.

I don't think it's 'fair enough' at all, these are the teams we need to beat, or at least seriously challenge if we want to 'build a run into the finals', as you say, and we are simply not doing that. Picking up wins here and there only to be beaten comfortably against real opposition is not something we want to be striving for.

If you look at a team like Parramatta in 2009, they had to pretty much keep winning, they went on a run and beat a few top sides along the way, only to run into the salary cap cheating Melbourne on GF Day. They had Jarryd Hayne winning MOTM every week, we need that type of inspirational performance, not necessarily from one player but a collective effort is needed (Parramatta also had that that year too)

I admire your optimism but all this says to me is more along the lines of, these wins are important for picking up enough points to make the 8 and from there it doesn't really matter what happens because we made the 8. And I don't think that's good enough and it really just goes to show how bad Price was as coach and the decision making at the club has been over the past few seasons.

Last edited:
What is this "over-achieving" shit?

I have no doubts that the Penny Panfers have definitely over-achieved this year. It's not an insult. They must be doing something right.

I've watched the chocolate soldiers a few times this year. They go hard, Sowies playing like a man possessed, and they're choc-full of confidence. If they continue to over-achieve, they might even be the surprise packets of the season.

Belief is an amazing thing,.

While I'd like to tip a Dragons win, in reality, I think it's too close call.

On second thoughts..the heart wants what the heart wants...

Dragons by 6.

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
sorry too say but this club is f**ked... its the price team all over again. worst setup for a team I have ever seen.

getsmarty

Immortal
sorry too say but this club is f**ked... its the price team all over again. worst setup for a team I have ever seen.

Exactly...and nothing will change while this board is still in charge. Doust...it's time to do the honorable thing and hand in your resignation. Missing the finals 3 years in a row is not good enough. Surplus to requirements.....
Doust/macGregor/Hunt/Groat/Harrison/Au mau/Ailomai...for starters. Time to buy some forwards who instill fear in the opposition.

We let Scott/J.Smith/Costigan go and kept Hunt/Prior. Then we sign Harrison. Price let's Soward and Latimore go....Our Club needs a broom put through it.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Another rubbish performance ,can't wait to hear the stories how we almost won.

We need a coach from outside the club,anyone who thinks we're playing finals is kidding themselves.

Last edited:

Callahan

Juniors
The team seems to be back to the cruise mode of the price era sick of this shit. Oh thats write McGregor was best mates with price great minds think alike and coach alike.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Those f**king early kicks are really doing my head in. Marshall puts a nothing bomb up on the third, Quinlan puts a useless grubber in on the 1st, Creagh on the 4th and Widdop on the 2nd or 3rd... It's pathetic.
Duges MUST return to FB! Quinlan was average yet again apart from the Morris try.

End of the day panthers stuck to the game plan and hit it up the guts and gave it to Sowie (sound familiar) to steer the ship. Always making 50-60m on us every set because we almost refuse to move of the mark in D, rather they slide and jog backwards... Seasons gone, 3 year drought continues :(

getsmarty

Immortal
Another rubbish performance ,can't wait to hear the stories how we almost won.

We need a coach from outside the club,anyone who thinks we're playing finals is kidding themselves.

Well said. When interviewed on the Sunday footy Show, Macgregor stated something along the lines of our prep this week has been good. Again, he is not the right man for the job IMHO. Doust also needs to be held accountable...3 years with no finals footy for our club is a disgrace.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Those f**king early kicks are really doing my head in. Marshall puts a nothing bomb up on the third, Quinlan puts a useless grubber in on the 1st, Creagh on the 4th and Widdop on the 2nd or 3rd... It's pathetic.
Duges MUST return to FB! Quinlan was average yet again apart from the Morris try.

End of the day panthers stuck to the game plan and hit it up the guts and gave it to Sowie (sound familiar) to steer the ship. Always making 50-60m on us every set because we almost refuse to move of the mark in D, rather they slide and jog backwards... Seasons gone, 3 year drought continues :(

The sign of a good coach getting the side sticking to a gameplan each week regardless of who is in the side.

Dragons gameplan ....????? WHO KNOWS .

FlameThrower

Bench
Avoided the radio to watch it on Nine, very poor spark being shown by the boys. They look bored to me....all we do is defend and when we get a chance we seem to find a way to drop the ball...

FlameThrower

Bench
Yes, those early kicks were a joke, Qiinlan on 1st tackle with the team on a bit of a roll, why kick early. Even Creagh kicked......