What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS team vs Souths

bottle

Coach
You're right ,So let us be men about it . I for one am glad he's giving Quinlan a go . Put yourselves on the public record folks before the game . Yea or nay??

Yes from me FT, but few will take up your call. They'd rather stay silent so they can give Price a slamming if it fails. If it works, it will be 'Why didn't he try it earlier?'
As someone said, on a hiding to nothing.

mickeylane

Bench
best possible team he can trot out except King instead of Rein..

I like Frizell off the bench for his potential impact - Vidot would be great as well as a forward....that would be some bench......Quinlan has to run the ball and he could prove the undoing of Souths big guys...whatever he does he has to try and link up w Cooper, Dugan , Morris...thats the key to his role...hes sharp and have no doubt he will do well in attack...not sure about defence but in attack Quinlan will be buzzing!

Father Ted

First Grade
best possible team he can trot out except King instead of Rein..

I like Frizell off the bench for his potential impact - Vidot would be great as well as a forward....that would be some bench......Quinlan has to run the ball and he could prove the undoing of Souths big guys...whatever he does he has to try and link up w Cooper, Dugan , Morris...thats the key to his role...hes sharp and have no doubt he will do well in attack...not sure about defence but in attack Quinlan will be buzzing!

So a yea?

Saint Anger

Juniors
Supercoach's days are numbered regardless of the result or points margin in this game. Moving Quinlan to 6 now is like rearranging the deck chairs on Titanic.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
I still don't know why Nathan fein is halfback. I understand he tries so hard but at the end of the day he has no idea, no clue what so ever. Why not put sheijka at 7.

Chase Stanley is one of worse centres of the game and is not up to nrl standard. Runicman is playing well why not keep him on and drop Stanley.

Weyman should not be in the team. I would of put stockwell starting and having Matthews coming of the bench, he's a good player.

You're right ,So let us be men about it . I for one am glad he's giving Quinlan a go . Put yourselves on the public record folks before the game . Yea or nay??

Im all for it. Wasn't that long ago that souths took a punt on a young bloke named Adam Reynolds. They sold Sandow and put their faith in Reynolds. Better to have tried and failed then show no imagination and replicate the same ineffective game plan week in and week out.
As someone stated he seems cool under pressure and has given his all on each appearance in 1st grade. Can't wait to see how he goes with this challenge.

Cheech216

Juniors
How did Quinlan go for the cutters at 5/8?

His got plenty of speed so hopefully he can spark a few things in attack!

Saint Angelo

Juniors
We don't need both halves changed,Fien is ok for now with Quinlan there to add some zip and creativity .
I am more concerned as to why there is a 6 man bench,and AhMau there again.

Prior and Vidot are backup for Cooper in case he has a mishap whilst trimming his toe nails this week.

Dea

Juniors
We couldn't keep going as we were but it would be too much to change both to 2 unproven halves. Fein may not be great but he is a trier and much more active than Chase ever was. Chase was the right one to go. Could have put in Seijka and move Fein to 5/8 but Quinlin is a better choice for our future.

I hope he plays well, win or lose. But I'm also happy to give him a few weeks to find his feet in the position and team. I'm a supporter of the change and think it could bring some life to our attack which will also inspire our defense.

Go Dragons

Will Vidot get a run in the backs or be used as a forward?

He has been getting a start in the forwards in the Cutters. Would love to see him playing in the back row after he has proved himself in the Cutters. Has all the physical tools to be a very good backrower. Time will tell if he has it mentally......

Minh

First Grade
He has been getting a start in the forwards in the Cutters. Would love to see him playing in the back row after he has proved himself in the Cutters. Has all the physical tools to be a very good backrower. Time will tell if he has it mentally......

Or the heart.

BennyV

Referee

Big YEA from me, gives us a bit of spark and creativity in attack and I'm sure he'll be fine in defense - despite being small, he can tackle and has a bit of heart, put him next to Harrison or Cooper and he'll be fine. I'd love to see Seijka in there purely to see how our edge backrowers and centres can go running off a decent halfback, but cant throw 2 youngsters in there...hopefullys ee him in a few weeks.

In the forwards - I'd love to see Vidot off the bench, but in order for that to happen Merrin would need to spend some time at prop. More likely, I can see Friz, Stockwell, King and Prior on the bench, which is a shame - any bench with Friz and Vidot has a fair bit of punch!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We do have women forummers here Father. You know... birds, chicks, sheilas, skirts, broads, girlies... so stop being a sexist prick.

Oh, and yea. Quinlan is the new choc... he's the man!

jenninga

First Grade
Geez I hope Quinlan goes good. He is a gun. Putting him up against 1st place Souths will be a HUGE challenge but the way this kid plays he just looks so confident and that nothing worries him. I hope I have not put the mocker on him.

Runciman will be back. Seriously how long do you think poor old Coops will last? Love the guy but his body is falling apart.

I like the way Quinlan handled fullback against the chooks and confident he will be ok v Souffs.He will give us the creativity we have been lacking in the halves and it is essential for the time being to keep Fien at 7.It would be better for Quinlan to have the experience of Fien rather than throw 2 young halves with no experience,let's see how they go .

jenninga

First Grade
Supercoach's days are numbered regardless of the result or points margin in this game. Moving Quinlan to 6 now is like rearranging the deck chairs on Titanic.

What a ridiculous statement. What's your alternative then or do you just like continuing the boring Price bashing,at least many of the posters are commenting on team selections etc despite what we think about the coach.

RedVDave

First Grade
I like the team except I would have Runciman over Stanley that's be the only difference I would make.

I just don't get how Stanley keeps getting picked; no step, no swagger, not quick, cr@p defence, no swiftness offers sweet f**k all. I see it, you see it, everyone sees it everyone except Price sees it.

Latest posts