What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS: Was it a sporting fluke?

Rocket

Juniors
Still trying to work out Dice's claim that Easts were ripped off because they were pulled back for pass was only 'a little bit' forward.

"I recall Roosters having a try disallowed at a very critical point in the game for a marginal forward pass."
- Dice

A bit like a doctor saying to someone "you're only a little bit pregnant".

And what is this "at a very critical point in the game"? Well if they had landed some conversions, made less errors and taken better advantage of Dragon errors there would have been no critical point.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Presumably any ruling against Easts was a 'critical point in the game'.

I think Dicey wanted it both ways. And for the ref to turn a blind eye to any Easts errrors.

kurt faulk

Coach

i love how these morons think they can belittle saints magnificent premiership win.

i know it hurts but the saints were the only great team in the comp.

all the rest were sh*t. complete and utter sh*t.

dice

Juniors
It was called forward. Overhead Helicopter angle showed it as inconclusive. I used it to show your pathetic claim that the bad calls evened out. It was the only critical 50/50 decision to be made and along with the so pathetically obvious calls that were not even close to 50/50, it also went against the roosters.

Given the amount of Saints supporters continually responding to Buddy's obvious bait, I would say the truth hurts. St Fluke.

trudge

Bench
Matt Cooper called back (whilst in the clear) for a non forward pass against the Tigers at a "critical time."

Losers bitch and moan excuses. Winners just get on with it.

Learn to get on with it.

SET2JT

Juniors
Just a quick question to the OP regarding the 05 Tigers and how they got there without any help from the referee's. Was Barret held or not?

Jason Maher

Immortal
It was called forward. Overhead Helicopter angle showed it as inconclusive. I used it to show your pathetic claim that the bad calls evened out. It was the only critical 50/50 decision to be made and along with the so pathetically obvious calls that were not even close to 50/50, it also went against the roosters.

Given the amount of Saints supporters continually responding to Buddy's obvious bait, I would say the truth hurts. St Fluke.

I could delineate every bad call in the game to show that you're wrong, but I won't bother. I'm too busy enjoying a thoroughly deserved, drought breaking, premiership victory.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It was called forward. Overhead Helicopter angle showed it as inconclusive.
Make up your mind. Earlier you said it was marginally forward. Now it's inconclusive'...? lol.

There were calls that went against Saints. I don't see you blowing up about the ball being stripped from Creagh after he got tackled. The ref was in error. Easts got the ball from the scrum, but held Saints held them out. That's the difference, the better team on the field is always able to overcome the decisions that go against them.

The ref didn't cost you the game. The Dragons took it away from you, and it hurts you to face up to that.

And the pass was forward, as you well know.

dice said:
I used it to show your pathetic claim that the bad calls evened out. It was the only critical 50/50 decision to be made and along with the so pathetically obvious calls that were not even close to 50/50, it also went against the roosters.

Grow up dicey. This joke of a thread was taken seriously by you, and you've been kicked up the arse for acting like a goose. The grand final hurts you so much that you came up some very dodgy assertions - tin foil hat conspiracy rubbish. You backed off from that for reasons that we both know.

Now sit back, try some deep breathing, inhale and exhale slowly, think of deep blue oceans, deep blue oceans... and rest quietly.

Trust me, the pain will eventually subside.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
To sum this thread up

Dice says, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses.

Eastern Suburbs/Roosters/ Sydney Roosters (take your pick);
were just not good enough to win,
were just not good enough to win.

I think that about covers it, sadly I can see dices pain from here. Chin up mate there is always 2011.

Dea

Juniors
What a joke this thread is! I must have watched a different season and grand final. The best team on the day, who were also the best team all year won. The argument presented would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Saints players and supporters, enjoy your title. It was well earned.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
The Bradbury effect was most powerful this year, It took hold of Schubert and Finch and nothing was going to change the outcome.

_Johnsy

Referee
1963- Darcy Lawler
1975 - Record Grand Final loss
2010 - Flukes

Oh the pain you must be feeling, you consider the win a fluke.

How pathetic does that make your mob?

Round 7 we win 28-6
Round 22 we win 19-12
GF we win 28-6

Total 75-24

How about f**k off and come back when your pathetic bunch learn to tackle and actually score some points.

Oh by the way I think you'll need this
beyond-blue-poster.png

Ulysseus

Bench
It's just a phase in the game

A team only able to win due to dodgy referee decisions & interpretations will not last very long in this day and age. We saw what their borefest style did to the TV ratings... the NRL would not want this to happen again

Finch is gone now and hopefully things will be cleared up. He was an absolute stain on the league, but I'm sure the comp can bounce back.

ht_shock_060727_ssv.jpg

Ulysseus

Bench
They won't be seeing anything for at least the next 50 years

Do you just enjoy looking like a dickhead or something?
Lets take a walk down memory lane looking at some of the "wisdom" you've posted in the last few weeks.

F*ck of Dragons. Just making up the numbers in these finals
Result - WRONG

Meh, Dragons are going to get mauled by Roosters/Tigers/Raiders
Result - WRONG

Dragons defence will crack, just keep applying pressure
Result - WRONG

Cannot f**king believe this

Yeah I remember the game day threads, absolutely pathetic behaviour from the Dragons supporters. Can't believe they've got the nerve to call other fans arrogant :lol:
Tool

Jamie Soward is the biggest nuffie in rugby league history
Seemed to go alright when it mattered

I think Warriors, Raiders, Roosters and Tigers are the best shots to win.
Out of them I'd probably say Tigers, I believe Shines has still got it
No comment necessary

Tigers by 14, should be a thriller
Result - WRONG

Can't see Dragons winning, Manly by 8
Result - EPIC LOLZ

The rabble that Souths are put 24 points on you.. No hope for the finals
Result - What are you a f**king genius

No I hate St George Illawarra
And it hates you right back princess

Can't see the Dragons doing anything. They are the weakest team going into the finals
If by not doing anything you mean winning it then yes, I suppose you are right

Most open finals series I've ever seen... Anyone can win it, except probably the Dragons
WRONGGGGGGGGGGG

I'm sure deep down they're in depression because of the start of their annual choke
Funny looking choke

As has been said before, Merge are absolute pretenders. Rubbish team, will be dismantled easily in the finals..
Result = WRONG AGAIN

dice

Juniors
It looks like Bryce Gibbs was forced to remove his Twitter entries. We can't have the world know what the players and coaches thought of the grand final and Saints players.