What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons will announce signing of tim moltzen

Breathingfire

Juniors
Do you think that Style's versatility may be a double edged sword for him?
If he get's bigger then he's a gun centre (still a couple of K's short IMO)?
Does he have real pace, say as quick as Boyd?
Every time I see him, I see more of his game and it's all very impressive but still haven't seen enough to know how good he really is. I hope too that we can see a sustained period without injury

Oh and I like Sowie as a 7, particularly as he matures. Origin experience will have been beneficial

Always thought Sowie would be a good 7. As for Style, he has a fantastic passing game so fullback or five eight for me! Wasted in the centres although he does a great job there. He has deceptive pace but i agree he is very injury prone. I am certain of one thing though...when they signed him, they would have had a starting position lined up for him somewhere. I understand he could have got more money from other clubs but his new contract would still be worth a bit a coin and there is no way they would have payed the kind of money im certain he is on, to have him sit on the bench next year. He will be starting somewhere.

DirtyHarry

Juniors
428066-peter-doust.jpg

Honestly i dont think its that bad a signing... definatly not as bad as what Dirty Harry is making it out to be...

Fair enough Moltzen isn’t crap but he’s nothing special. When I look at our backline I don’t know why we would want him or what role he will play. Boyd is a big loss but we have numerous options. Remember we have also picked up Chase Stanley & re-signed Goodwin.

Between fullback & the halves we have: Stanley, Nightingale, Hornby, Goodwin, Soward, Fein. Where does Moltzen fit in?

If we get him & he proves to be a good buy, so be it.

big pat

Coach
well if players like cooper and hornby keep picking up injuries, who knows, we lacked a bit of depth in the backs during soo.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not even slightly concerned about losing him. No idea why your signing him, he is a half with a good running game and nothing else.

Terrible center, makes Rhys wesser look like Billy slater as a fullback and us generally a soft player.

Unless your moving hornby to hooker/fullback I have no idea why the dragons would sign him.

St. Linnane

First Grade
Not even slightly concerned about losing him. No idea why your signing him, he is a half with a good running game and nothing else.

Terrible center, makes Rhys wesser look like Billy slater as a fullback and us generally a soft player.

Unless your moving hornby to hooker/fullback I have no idea why the dragons would sign him.

Yes but you'll want him back next year when your team consists of only 3 players next year in Bunji, Wobbie and Blair...

Guvner

First Grade

To make him better.

Maybe NSW Cup side needs a halfback....

Mr Red

First Grade
i know souths are after Moltzen to replace Sandow. i hope they get him, as i dont want our salary cap dollars wasted on a player that wont even make our top 17 unless there are injuries.

Bingerz

Juniors
Wow...this would be a real surprise for mine. OK player, but i think they have enough talent from within already

Minh

First Grade
I'm a little concerned at Stanley at fullback not because of lack of ability but just a lack of faith in him as they were chasing Naqaima for fullback and now Moltzen. The way I see it Hornby, Stanley and Moltzen to fill in the fullback/halfback position and one on the bench likely to be Moltzen but then how are they going to fit in Cameron King as well?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Good luck if you plan to play him at fullback, he is terrible there.

He is best as a running five eighth. Not concerned about losing him as we have the best five eighth in the business, an he is generally a soft player who refuses to put his body on the line.

RedVDave

First Grade
Kyle stanley is a much better player then moltzen in any position you would play him in

I agree with you 100% the only thing I can think of is that Stanley has had more than his fair share of injuries and we are signing Moltzen as 'insurance' so to speak, my question is (excluding the knee injury last year) had Moltzen had many injuries would you consider him injury prone?

Wobbygong

First Grade
Moltzen and few others want to desert the sinking ship that is the West Tigers I can't blame him, he'll be a handy utility for depth.

j0nesy

Bench
Hornby cant play forever, it could between Moltzen and Stanley for fullback and 5/8th with Soward 1/2.

Guvner

First Grade
Amazing how many people have little idea about how long it takes to get back to your best after a major knee injury. He will only get better.