What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons will announce signing of tim moltzen

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Why the f**k do people insist on throwing Hornby - our premiership captain and 7 - out or to hooker?

f**k me.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I guess that our goto halfback and #1 alternative are within two years of retirement
Our centre pairing fall into the same category (more or less)
All of the alternatives lack NRL experience
I like Motlzen; he's creative, quick and reliable
Given the ever-increasing possibility of injury and unproven durability of our young guns
I think buying Moltzen for a reasonable price makes a lot of sense

RedVDave

First Grade
A good mate of mine who is a Tigpies fan recons Moltzen has signed with us as well, says he is a great signing as well.

I disagree personally as centre, fullback and halfback are all already covered unless Cooper has not signed on for 2 more officially where does that leave Stanley though?

An interesting few months ahead no doubt.

MattYg1

Bench
I am interested to see how this pans out... I think if Moltzen continues to develop how he was before the injury with have a nice looking future between him, king and rein - throw in the Stanley brothers...

Doust makes some stupid moves from time to time but he knows its hard to carry on a dynasty unless you cheat the cap like Melbourne, so the recruiting so far for post Bennett seems to be a solid core with plenty of youthful potential... Good building block for Steve Price also... I am liking what I am seeing lads...

And regarding Hornby moving to Hooker, it might work in a Michael Monaghan kind of way BUT i dont see it happening.

Godz Illa

Coach
Utility bench player is all I can think of.
It's all I can see for him as well. Even then he'll be fighting it out with Rein and King. Plus he's cover for injury in the halves and fullback.

Long term I guess he could conceivably play a Hornby role at halfback once the great captain of ours retires. Although I had kinda assumed Soward would go to 7 and Kyle would move into five-eighth (his best position).

Minh

First Grade
dragons have signed tim moltzen and will announce it this week

source: tim moltzens mouth

So I'm guessing that Tim Moltzen signed with us put pen to paper with his mouth lol.

I'm feeling this may be BS, however this kid Moltzen is a good player and would be a good utility signing for us if this is true.

Cagey Mac

Bench
It's all I can see for him as well. Even then he'll be fighting it out with Rein and King. Plus he's cover for injury in the halves and fullback.

Long term I guess he could conceivably play a Hornby role at halfback once the great captain of ours retires. Although I had kinda assumed Soward would go to 7 and Kyle would move into five-eighth (his best position).

Do you think that Style's versatility may be a double edged sword for him?
If he get's bigger then he's a gun centre (still a couple of K's short IMO)?
Does he have real pace, say as quick as Boyd?
Every time I see him, I see more of his game and it's all very impressive but still haven't seen enough to know how good he really is. I hope too that we can see a sustained period without injury

Oh and I like Sowie as a 7, particularly as he matures. Origin experience will have been beneficial

DirtyHarry

Juniors
Maybe Price can emulate the master & turn crap into gold. That’s the only hope with Moltzen, why on earth would we be linked to him. Who’s next Beau Ryan?

MattYg1

Bench
how did we go from heighington to moltzen.

428066-peter-doust.jpg

Honestly i dont think its that bad a signing... definatly not as bad as what Dirty Harry is making it out to be...