What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

Raiderdave

First Grade
not the best rnd 1
but potentially better then this years I think
could still deliver 150K to 160K if the weather is OK

agree the Monday nite game should be in Melbourne

every game is a toss of the coin really
but heres my tips 12 weeks out

Broncos V Souths
Parra V Manly
Newc V Warriors
Cowboys V Roosters
Titans V Tigers
Penrith V Bulldogs
Sharks V Raiders
Dragons V Storm

BuffaloRules

Coach
Great time to play a game in Townsville.

And I remember how great it was when the Tigers played at the Gold Coast in Round 2 on a sunny Sunday 40 degree arvo earlier this year...

But hey, gives Cumberland one less thing to whinge about I guess...

thorson1987

Coach
And I remember how great it was when the Tigers played at the Gold Coast in Round 2 on a sunny Sunday 40 degree arvo earlier this year...

I'm sure he could find something else to whinge about.

Spot On

Coach

And Newy played on the Gold coast in r2?? or so a few years back in the arvo time slot. Needless to say the heat was oppressive and both coaches were pissed of about the fluid loss and heat stress players had to endure.

At least they are night games I suppose. Still going to be f**ken hot.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I assume that like everything else in the Tele, that the 4pm kick off is wrong and it's 4.15pm.

It's no big deal of course.

You could apply the same logic to any FTA game, point is, I published them as listed. You're being silly.

Canard

Immortal
You could apply the same logic to any FTA game, point is, I published them as listed. You're being silly.

Wasn't it officially confirmed that the Sunday game kick off was 4.15pm?

Yes, it is silly but it's the sort of thing you would normally be all over.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I read somewhere that under ICC rules the Moore park precinct has to be free up to 24/48hrs before a World Cup game, so the SFS can't be used within 24hrs of a WC game at the SCG, ridiculous if true.

Sydney FC are playing at Allianz stadium Friday March 6th, Sunday March 15th and Friday March 20th. The NRL are playing second fiddle to A-League now for Allianz.

Great time to play a game in Townsville.

7 pm local time, in Townsville is a good time to play a game in Townsville? :crazy: Mate, I was there in 2001 when the Roosters played the Cowboys in Townsville. The game kicked off at 8.30 pm local time on that day (i.e. Saturday 3 March 2001) and it was 28 degrees at kick-off and very high humidity. Was bad enough being in the crowd in those conditions let alone on the field.

I know there are problems cause by the Cricket World Cup contracts (the no games at other venues nearby within 48 hours is a stupid clause), but geepers it is not a good draw. A few quality games with some real "meh" games for mine.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wasn't it officially confirmed that the Sunday game kick off was 4.15pm?

Yes, it is silly but it's the sort of thing you would normally be all over.

Given "Negotiations between the NRL, Channel Nine and Fox Sports for the provision of live Sunday afternoon football broadcasts remain ongoing" (LINK), I don't know we've got it officially confirmed?

Last edited:

LineBall

Juniors
That's a good point actually. The first round is a good round to sneak a few dud games through.

I agree with this. People are going to go to Round 1 games no matter who is playing, after being starved of footy for 5 months.

Using Roosters and Rabbits as an example - I would rather see them play about round 5 - give them time to get match fit, and blow the cobwebs out before they meet.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
7 pm local time, in Townsville is a good time to play a game in Townsville? :crazy: Mate, I was there in 2001 when the Roosters played the Cowboys in Townsville. The game kicked off at 8.30 pm local time on that day (i.e. Saturday 3 March 2001) and it was 28 degrees at kick-off and very high humidity. Was bad enough being in the crowd in those conditions let alone on the field.

I know there are problems cause by the Cricket World Cup contracts (the no games at other venues nearby within 48 hours is a stupid clause), but geepers it is not a good draw. A few quality games with some real "meh" games for mine.

It is 6pm local time (7pm Sydney time). Queensland don't have daylight savings. The NRL would have had a quite snigger at setting that time for the Roosters. It is no secret that David Smith does not like Nick Politis. The Roosters tried to get an explanation from Tony Archer last season about the lack of penalties the club was receiving on many times. Archer did not respond once. Written requests for some explanation were completely ignored. The NRL likes to run the game with zero transparency.

Last edited: