What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

pHyR3

Juniors
good draw

happy with it.

2018 with 2 more teams and less power to Nein will see even better draws i reckon

Canard

Immortal
Can someone please summarise why this draw is supposedly the best ever or better than last season's?

Depends on your own clubs position obviously.

It seems like they pick a team to get shafted every year on a semi-rotational basis (excluding the Broncos of course)

Some dumb decisions beyond just my club, like the the Storm Good Friday fiasco though make it a real seat pisser.

Hey look that sook Canard has a new catch phrase. Must think he's pretty clever.

Thanks for paying so much attention.

mxlegend99

Referee
Almost every Broncos game FTA. It doesn't get better.
this. dont want any of my FoxSports HD live games being wasted watching the Broncos. they will typically be the delayed Friday game in NSW. no need to watch them at all.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
this. dont want any of my FoxSports HD live games being wasted watching the Broncos. they will typically be the delayed Friday game in NSW. no need to watch them at all.

Starting to think you are right.

This is leading me to want to get Foxtel again given I won't be paying to have the Donkey's on my pay TV.

I never thought of it that way previously. A great marketing tool for Foxtel!

They can have their Friday nights and I will have the rest of the weekend to actually enjoy watching games.

Kiwi

First Grade
Look at it anyway you want, end of the day FTA for a team equals more money for a team in sponsorship dollars, Broncos are aiming for 10 million in sponsorship dollars in 2015, a metric shit tonne of free to air games will aid in landing that figure.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
The draw doesn't look too bad. At least they've put a blockbuster on the Queens birthday this year. Dogs V Dragons should pull a big crowd.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Look at it anyway you want, end of the day FTA for a team equals more money for a team in sponsorship dollars, Broncos are aiming for 10 million in sponsorship dollars in 2015, a metric shit tonne of free to air games will aid in landing that figure.

Derp

Canard

Immortal
Starting to think you are right.

This is leading me to want to get Foxtel again given I won't be paying to have the Donkey's on my pay TV.

I never thought of it that way previously. A great marketing tool for Foxtel!

They can have their Friday nights and I will have the rest of the weekend to actually enjoy watching games.

Hardly a new phenomenon though is it, its been that way for what almost 5 years now?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Some dumb decisions beyond just my club, like the the Storm Good Friday fiasco though make it a real seat pisser.

the Storm good Friday fiasco ?:sarcasm:

hmmmm
they haven't played on good Friday in 5 years
but please do tell ?:crazy:
:crazy:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Hardly a new phenomenon though is it, its been that way for what almost 5 years now?

I never said it was a new phenomenon.

Just that I had never looked at it from the perspective of not having to pay to watch the Donkeys.

Provides me extra incentive knowing I am not paying to watch them.

And I'd dare say a hell of a lot longer than 5 years.

Completely uneven and an unabashed advantage to them. Allow all teams free to air rights evenly or start handicapping the salary cap.

As a Donkey's moron said just before, gloating about all the sponsorship dollars they get over other clubs. Its an unfair advantage and not an even playing field. Those jerk-offs are proud of it. Says it all.

papabear

Juniors

Money for Rupert is clearly good for rugby league. Everyone should rejoice at the broncos making money.

Kiwi

First Grade
I never said it was a new phenomenon.

Just that I had never looked at it from the perspective of not having to pay to watch the Donkeys.

Provides me extra incentive knowing I am not paying to watch them.

And I'd dare say a hell of a lot longer than 5 years.

Completely uneven and an unabashed advantage to them. Allow all teams free to air rights evenly or start handicapping the salary cap.

As a Donkey's moron said just before, gloating about all the sponsorship dollars they get over other clubs. Its an unfair advantage and not an even playing field. Those jerk-offs are proud of it. Says it all.
Aaawwwwwww poor beaver, what you expect us to pat you on the back and agree with you everytime you complain about our club. You're all kinds of geniused special aren't you.

Canard

Immortal
the Storm good Friday fiasco ?:sarcasm:

hmmmm
they haven't played on good Friday in 5 years
but please do tell ?:crazy:
:crazy:

Explain to me the logic of playing at home on Easter Monday against a blockbuster AFL game at the MCG, when Good Friday is completely free though?

Are the NRL actively trying to reduce crowds outside of Sydney?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Aaawwwwwww poor beaver, what you expect us to pat you on the back and agree with you everytime you complain about our club. You're all kinds of geniused special aren't you.

I don't expect, nor want anything from geniused douchebags like yourself :D

Who is looking for pats on the back my slow witted, dribbling chum?

Explain to me the logic of playing at home on Easter Monday against a blockbuster AFL game at the MCG, when Good Friday is completely free though?

Are the NRL actively trying to reduce crowds outside of Sydney?

Thats right. If you are going to be slow in putting out a draw, at least try and work it to you best advantage.

Kiwi

First Grade
I don't expect, nor want anything from geniused douchebags like yourself :D

Who is looking for pats on the back my slow witted, dribbling chum?
You and your "special" brigade Bronco bash every chance you get, it's really pathetic and laughable, especially when you see a Manly fan such as yourself call them souless, so of course when you cry unfair with regards to the Broncos we're going to rub your noses in it. Suck on it you pathetic genius.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
You and your "special" brigade Bronco bash every chance you get, it's really pathetic and laughable, especially when you see a Manly fan such as yourself call them souless, so of course when you cry unfair with regards to the Broncos we're going to rub your noses in it. Suck on it you pathetic genius.

Oh boy. You are a simpleton aren't you?

I don't care which team it is knuckle dragger. If you carefully read what I wrote (a BIG ask for you I know). I said all teams should have even free to air times. So I am guessing that means Bulldogs, Souffs, Roosters etc should also have reduced coverage?? :shock:

In actual fact the point I made would disadvantage Manly to a degree as we would lose FTA games also in all likelihood.

I have used the Donkeys as the example as they are clearly the most advantaged.

Apply the rule to other clubs though too genius :D

Oh, and they are soulless :D

Anyway, not a surprising draw at all, bring on the footy!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts