What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

Apey

Staff member
The Knights are drawn to play last year’s top-eight clubs the Roosters, Storm, Bulldogs, Panthers, Rabbitohs and Manly only once in 26 rounds while other clubs are forced to play them twice.
Rd 4: Knights v Panthers
Rd 26: Knights v Panthers

good 1 m8

Also forgets to mention that Souths, Storm & Manly are away games.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Clearly how teams perform this year will determine how they perform next year therefore team A has a hard draw, team B has a soft draw, blah blah f**king blah.

Any excuse for an outrage filled news story.

pHyR3

Juniors
do reckon the NFL or NBA has yearly articles on how the draw is a sham because of conferences/divisions?

Doomednow

Bench
f**king easy draw bullshit again. The best teams will make the grand final if they are actually the best. How many times team X plays team Y won't change that much.

f**king Rothfield would have had his whinging boots on before the draw was even announced.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No Gosford games locked in and also only 3 confirmed road games in Perth, Darwin and Bathurst. Cannot see a game on the road for the warriors either so seems like a step backwards from that point of view at this stage

A few games have venues tbc so having a stab in the dark
Manly v Raiders Gosford
Manly v broncos Gosford
Bulldogs v sea eagles Gosford
Rabbitohs v raiders Cairns

Still not enough road games and he total needs to at least double imo

yep still zero leadership or strategy from the NRL about growing the game in new markets. Set of muppets.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hopefully we'll see this broken again this year. NRL ruling rectangualr pitch sports in WA, even without a club.

10847836_10205593444174231_3532991084579605359_n.jpg

LeagueNut

First Grade
Cannot see a game on the road for the warriors either so seems like a step backwards from that point of view at this stage
It's still happening. From the Warriors website --> NB: The draw lists 12 games at Mount Smart Stadium but one of these will be played outside Auckland; the game and venue are yet to be confirmed.

Canard

Immortal
f**king easy draw bullshit again. The best teams will make the grand final if they are actually the best. How many times team X plays team Y won't change that much.

f**king Rothfield would have had his whinging boots on before the draw was even announced.

Who predicted the Panthers would be good last year, for example.

Any easy draw in Dec 2014 might not be so easy in Aug 2015.

It's more scheduling and lack of FTA that people should complain about.

I still can't understand my teams virtual shutout from FTA, when we rate well, for example.

I still can't understand my teams virtual shutout from FTA, when we rate well, for example.

Anyone who watched us just miss the 8 in 2013 and realised how massive and upgrade Soward is over Walsh

Canard

Immortal
Anyone who watched us just miss the 8 in 2013 and realised how massive and upgrade Soward is over Walsh

But you get my point right?

You can't look at the draw based on last year's results and determine what games are easy and what are hard.

insert.pause

First Grade
White is right about making 'opening day' an event, hope the NRL get behind it and make it big and then get cities to bid for it in the future.

THE Broncos want to show Brisbane is the best place for the NRL’s Thursday night season launch every year by scheduling functions leading up to a likely sold-out season opener against South Sydney.
The NRL went away from their recent Rabbitohs-Roosters opening game of recent seasons by sending the premiers to Suncorp Stadium on Thursday, March 5 when the draw was announced yesterday.
“In every major sport around the world, the opening game of the season is highly sought after,’’ Broncos chief executive Paul White said.

“We are going to be extremely positive about Thursday night football and work with the NRL. We will start planning to make that a rugby league week in town … a breakfast and a series of promotional events across the city so the build-up is big.
“It’s a challenge to our members and supporters to get behind that game so Brisbane has that game into the future. We drew 44,000 to a Friday night game against Souths last year, so we have to believe we can fill our stadium. If we do that, it’s going to make it hard for them to take it off us.’’

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...pener-every-year/story-fndujljl-1227157159460

johnny plath

Juniors

Maybe because cowboys ask to play home games on Saturday nights so that people from the bush can travel in to make the game?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Considering Sunday arvo games arent an option and Friday would be impossible for a lot of your fans to get to, I would guess that it was the club that asked for mostly Saturday game.

They probably think/thought the jump in attendance would offset the loss in exposure...

Blues Riff

Bench
But you get my point right?

You can't look at the draw based on last year's results and determine what games are easy and what are hard.
That's true. The real whining will start when a team has some unexpected success. If the Sharks have a good season for example, people will search for reasons why. In reality there's not much between the Sharks and Panthers. A decent team just needs a few things to go their way.

Canard

Immortal
Maybe because cowboys ask to play home games on Saturday nights so that people from the bush can travel in to make the game?

Yes but what about the other 50% of games played away.

Considering Sunday arvo games arent an option and Friday would be impossible for a lot of your fans to get to, I would guess that it was the club that asked for mostly Saturday game.

They probably think/thought the jump in attendance would offset the loss in exposure...

See above point. Im not talking about home games, Im talking about away games in Sydney for example.

It would be fine if all the home games were Saturday 7.30pm, but as it is 2 of them are Monday night (thats going to smash our crowd averages) and a couple of 5.30pm Saturday which for some reason are never well attended.

franklin2323

Immortal
No Gosford games locked in and also only 3 confirmed road games in Perth, Darwin and Bathurst. Cannot see a game on the road for the warriors either so seems like a step backwards from that point of view at this stage

A few games have venues tbc so having a stab in the dark
Manly v Raiders Gosford
Manly v broncos Gosford
Bulldogs v sea eagles Gosford
Rabbitohs v raiders Cairns

Still not enough road games and he total needs to at least double imo

We have another one just not finalised. Likely to be Christchurch. Most teams move the games after the draw is done

Mig2006

Juniors
Yes but what about the other 50% of games played away.

See above point. Im not talking about home games, Im talking about away games in Sydney for example.

It would be fine if all the home games were Saturday 7.30pm, but as it is 2 of them are Monday night (thats going to smash our crowd averages) and a couple of 5.30pm Saturday which for some reason are never well attended.

I'm happy to not see the Cows play on FTA - means I get to watch them in HD every week on FOX! I happily pay for the superior service that FOX provides!

Latest posts