What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drew to Chooks?

SBD82

Coach
Why can't you understand this? You are obviously not an idiot and this isn't rocket science.

Widdop was a disaster with multiple halfbacks. Hutchinson wasn't ready, JDB, Mann, McCrone, Williams are rubbish (despite several years later all still being professionals), Benji was washed up (despite still being in first grade and having Bennett pick him up and give him a lot of game time after he left us). The excuse was always, "he needed an organizing halfback." Fine. I give you Hutchinson! No, now he wasn't ready at 20. I believe he was 21 when he played a few games with Widdop.

I'm just glad I won't have to suffer these ridiculous excuses anymore! Even the idiot McFooknuckle has worked out what the common denominator was. Time you got on board as well.

As for Hunt and Widdop combining quite well, well that's new to me. In the early part of the season when our forwards were running riot, both were good. As should be expected. In the middle and late part of the season Hunt was average and Widdop was terrible. The excuse was that he changed his hair colour...... Seriously! I know over the last 5 years we have grown accustomed to severely diminished returns but one finals victory off the back of a rampaging forward pack doesn't count as a successful year.
Widdop was far from terrible at the back end of last season. Your hyperbole is reaching fever pitch.

DragonJ

Juniors
Widdop was far from terrible at the back end of last season. Your hyperbole is reaching fever pitch.
Okay. The whole team but Widdop was playing terribly at the back end of last season. Actually, the whole team but Widdop have been playing terribly for the last 5 years. Happy now?

TruSaint

Referee
yeah, nah he was another of Widdop's victims. According to @TruSaint, probably yourself (I don't keep track of what everyone says, just general ideas when they are fanatical and very different from my own) Widdop and his running game should have excelled with Drew at halfback.

By my calculations the halves combinations with Widdop that failed to click were: Drinkinwater, Williams, Benji, McCrone, Hutchinson, JDB, Hunt.

McFooknuckle finally worked out what the common denominator was. I wonder how many blinders it will take Hunt and Norman for many posters to come to the realization McFooknuckle and the coaching staff have come to?

@True_Believer, @Old Timer and others will never accept it. The mere suggestion for @TruSaint is like holding a cross to a vampire but hopefully you and some of the less fanatical will accept it.

Hahahahahahahaha......... This is pure gold.

You have tagged me twice in the above post, on a thread to which I have yet to comment.

Keep it up, its entertaining.

DragonJ

Juniors
Hahahahahahahaha......... This is pure gold.

You have tagged me twice in the above post, on a thread to which I have yet to comment.

Keep it up, its entertaining.

As our marquee playmaker Widdop was an unmitigated disaster.
11ns6a5

DragonJ

Juniors
Again. Hyperbole.

An unmitigated disaster? Really?
What positives do you take out of the last 5 years? Frizz and JDB emerging as outstanding forwards? Their peak came later than it would have with a decent playmaker guiding the team around the park.

So to answer your question, yes. Unmitigated! FFS, even Souffs and Shonkies have far outstripped us for success!!!! If the likes of those and the Grubs had also had such a bad half decade, that would at least be something.

SBD82

Coach
What positives do you take out of the last 5 years? Frizz and JDB emerging as outstanding forwards? Their peak came later than it would have with a decent playmaker guiding the team around the park.

So to answer your question, yes. Unmitigated! FFS, even Souffs and Shonkies have far outstripped us for success!!!!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. And the burden of proof falls on the person making the claim.

Make a rational case that widdop is an "unmitigated disaster" as a playmaker. I'll wait.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Why can't you understand this? You are obviously not an idiot and this isn't rocket science.

Widdop was a disaster with multiple halfbacks. Hutchinson wasn't ready, JDB, Mann, McCrone, Williams are rubbish (despite several years later all still being professionals), Benji was washed up (despite still being in first grade and having Bennett pick him up and give him a lot of game time after he left us). The excuse was always, "he needed an organizing halfback." Fine. I give you Hutchinson! No, now he wasn't ready at 20. I believe he was 21 when he played a few games with Widdop.

I'm just glad I won't have to suffer these ridiculous excuses anymore! Even the idiot McFooknuckle has worked out what the common denominator was. Time you got on board as well.

As for Hunt and Widdop combining quite well, well that's new to me. In the early part of the season when our forwards were running riot, both were good. As should be expected. In the middle and late part of the season Hunt was average and Widdop was terrible. The excuse was that he changed his hair colour...... Seriously! I know over the last 5 years we have grown accustomed to severely diminished returns but one finals victory off the back of a rampaging forward pack doesn't count as a successful year.

Methinks you’ve confused Drinkwater with Michael Witt. The former had already left the Dragons BEFORE Widdop’s arrival.

Some research wouldn’t go astray,

Your anti Widdop rantings are misguided and border on hysteria.

Walpole

Juniors
Wasn't there someone else who used to hijack every thread with anti-Widdop drivel? Gets old quick.

Anyway, Drew to the chooks you say? Good luck to him, will be interesting to see how he goes in their system and whether he gets any more of a go than he did with us.

DragonJ

Juniors
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. And the burden of proof falls on the person making the claim.

Make a rational case that widdop is an "unmitigated disaster" as a playmaker. I'll wait.
Hi SBD82
Let's take this to a more appropriate thread.

Methinks you’ve confused Drinkwater with Michael Witt. The former had already left the Dragons BEFORE Widdop’s arrival.

Some research wouldn’t go astray,

Your anti Widdop rantings are misguided and border on hysteria.

See above.
=============================================================================
Drew looked like a good half. Seemingly had plenty of time. Ran straight. He got precious few chances to show it with us but I think he is going to show at the Roosters he knows when to run deep into the opposition defence, pass early or kick. At least a decent kicking game and decent defence.

It's no wonder the Roosters have picked him up.

It would have been nice if he had a little support when he got a chance with us but alas. Not such a catastrophe. Drew looks like a good NRL half in the making but I'd much prefer the Hunt-Norman combo.

Latest posts