What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drugs use and criminal influence in Australian sport

jc155776

Coach
How come we can name names as soon as that Weedler merkin puts it on Twitter but cant otherwise?

That f**ker has less credibility than BlueMazda and Quasimodo Kunsty

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Does anybody else think yet that all of this is politically motivated?

The ACC obviously has its concerns. It wouldn't act like this if it didn't have evidence. But was this the way to deliver its message? Right now, across the entire planet, this story is leading the news bulletins. That's the rest of the world, who previously identified Australians as the people from the lucky country; the sun-loving, always smiling, bronzed athletes who grit their teeth when the going gets tough, compete with all their hearts and never give up until the race was run; my God, the world now see us as cheats.
Any Australian athlete, abled or disabled, who has ever won anything, or who is likely to win anything during the next decade, is now a cheat. This simply isn't the case and it's a disgrace that this irresponsible announcement has now perpetrated this injustice on the many, many great Australians who have succeeded through their talent and hard work. I feel sick that our country has been tarnished in this reckless manner.
If the ACC has evidence of illegal wrongdoing, then tell the police and have the offenders face the courts.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-and-nation-20130209-2e55y.html#ixzz2KZn0KTyn

Interesting that Smith article talked about a player they let go as they didn't think he would make the grade.

The player some have speculated about was playing juniors when our talent scouts picked him up. They wanted to keep him, not cut him.

Think the speculation is either the wrong bloke or Mr Smith is full of it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Please do not speculate on whom Brian Smith is referring.

We've already met our quota of deleted posts for today.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Jason Stevens was not who I was referring that Smith meant. I used JAsons STevens as an example of Brians Smiths very ordinary ability to retain good players, like Jason Stevens & also overlook players with huge potential, like Feliti Mateo. His Excuse article in the paper could be written about any of the hundreds of players that have gone on to do good things that he over looked.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Shame on you Cronulla Shame on you.

Bringing shame on rugby league since 1967!

144555-john-hopoate.jpg

Latest posts