What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drugs use and criminal influence in Australian sport

Eion

First Grade
What if some player has found out to be dropping eccies in the off season? Fringe first grader? Normally this will be dealt with in house & nobody knows. Our last immortal is a self admitted eccy user. Now becaue of this grandstanding by the ACC, if a minor issue like this comes up, it will ahve huge impacts on any club. Like I said, the only thing that will prevent this issue being nothing more than a cover up of the Obeid trial, will be the outing & prosecution of 5-10 permanent first grade NRL player, AFL players & the outing of a club that has direct links to programs using BANNED PHD's & the successful prosecution of directors managers coaches etc of those organisations.
Agree 100%. I'm desperately hoping this is a cover up as I already hate this government and they couldn't sink any lower in my estimation.

carinashark

First Grade
Lets be very carefull in how we manage this. Our management must be pro club not pro NRL in this. In previous years I have been (in my nievity) all for cutting the players but I have seen how the media has ganged up on our club ( remember the weeks of negative Sharks articles) when we have done the right thing and given those intrests who want to degrade our club to a point where we leave ourselves open to being forced out of the NRL. Im compareing Brett Stewart and Buster , Stewart still at Manly and still in trouble and Buster gone when we needed him. I would like the club to limit media responces and encourage players to do the same.No apologies or tears on the 6 oclock News. In previous years we have put ourselves in the crosshairs by being to quick to 'do the right thing', our managment has been soft and we have left ourselves open to all those with a Sharks agenda. Lets take a considered view , take our time, keep our player roster intact . It is a very serious issue, lets be carefull.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Due process would be to keep your mouth shut until you have some charges to lay down, looks as though this excursion has blown up in their faces.

Craigshark

First Grade
The only reason I reckon we're named is cause of Dank.. They're full of shit.. They'll probably name a couple of reserve graders or no names in the end, and be done with it.. The main thing it f**ks up for us is sponsors.

f**k Labour.

Frailty

First Grade
Yes the ACC wasted a whole year for a political stunt just in case Craig Thompson was charged...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yes the ACC wasted a whole year for a political stunt just in case Craig Thompson was charged...
Craig Thomson is secondary to the Obeids case which was announced just prior to the beginning of the investigation. Link January 2012
Thomson was not arrested until this year, so that doesnt even make sense that it was organised 10 months in advance. But you dont make much sense anyway.
It is clear that poster was referring to the sigh of relief he msut be feeling that the Obeid case & now this farce, is taking up the headlines & not him.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Now clubs have started to be named or are stepping forward. How long do you guys think it will be before we see players named or stepping forward? Some reports say days, others weeks and one I read said it would be months.

So what would you guys see as a realistic time frame?

Either way, if the rumours surrounding your club are true it is good night nurse.

Quigs

Immortal
f**k some of you are dellusional.

The people of Essedon or those south of the Murray River don't give a flying f**k about Obeid.

Unless of course the cover up has different state versions.

Give yourselves an uppercut.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
For thiose that aren't aware of the differences.
ICAC INDEPENDANT commission against corruption. These are the guys pursuing NSW Labor currently. Key word in title.
ACC Australian Crime Commission. They dropped a few names from the title. They are not independant & answer to the current government. The Head is an appointee of Kevin Rudd. He answers to Clare the federal minister for Justice that is considered the next LAbor leader in waiting by some & holds the extremely safe Labor seat of Blaxland(Paul Keatings). & ofcourse, he answers to Gillard.

Latest posts