What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Cheating Storm scum

mightypanther

Juniors
taxidriver said:
I say it is.

Olympic park is allowed to be smaller than the official dimensions because of the running track.

An attempt to replicate that at a larger ground IS cheating.

SCUM

Exactly.

Scum

Godz Illa

Coach
taxidriver said:
I say it is.

Olympic park is allowed to be smaller than the official dimensions because of the running track.

An attempt to replicate that at a larger ground IS cheating.

SCUM
I agree that Melbourne are indeed as you describe: scum.

Do us all a favour Parra.

According to Waldron the Storm asked the NRL if they could use the Olympic Park dimensions and they refused.

If that's cheating then I'm the King of Turkey.

meltiger

First Grade
:LOL:

Poor Sydney souls who fear anything from Melbourne.

It's a professional sport, if you can get an advantage you take it.

Though they would be better advised to not get caught doing so ;-)

taxidriver

Coach
According to Waldron the Storm asked the NRL if they could use the Olympic Park dimensions and they refused.

If that's cheating then I'm the King of Turkey.

and the bit that they went ahead and instructed the ground to mark it smaller anyway

Melbourne this week sent Telstra Dome officials measurements for field markings on the AFL venue, but asked for the same sized dimensions as Olympic Park

Can I have a kebab please your highness ?

If they've

(a) made it clear to the NRL what they were doing before hand
(b) asked for permission and
(c) changed the markings when directed

I fail to see where the cheating has occurred.

Obviously here I'm assuming that Waldron's account is true. Without any evidence to contrary I reckon he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

meltiger

First Grade
If a Parramatta player drops the ball over the line on the weekend and proceeds to get up and celebrate as if he has scored a try in an attempt to con the officials.

Will the DT run an article slamming the player? Will the posters on here accuse Parramatta of being cheating scum because of it?

Integrity in professional sport ....... :lol:

You dickheads.

GO MELBOURNE

Grail

Juniors
meltiger said:
:lol:
It's a professional sport, if you can get an advantage you take it.

Eactly, but within the rules.
The storm have been granted special dispensation for a smaller ground at Olympic Park due to the running track. Telstra Dome is more than capable of having a full sized field on it. To try to gain an advantage outside the rules is cheating.

But what else should we expect from the Storm. They like to think that they are above the laws of the game. Just because they haven't been charged with Grapple tackles does not mean that they aren't the experts at them. The Storm are the king of the whinge, anytime anyone tries to cast dispersions upon them they are instantly up in arms and having a massive cry about it.

Hopefully the Eels can replicate the last time these teams met at the Telstra Dome.

The Storm are a great football team, but as a club they are f**kwits.

Abz

Juniors
Why does it not surprise me?

Parramatta CEO accuses Melbourne of

I stoppred reading there. Dennis Fitzgerald the IDIOT blasts the team the Eels face this week.

The Colonel

Immortal
Bman26 said:
cry me a river. heaven forbid someone wanted home ground advantage.

They had that in the first week........ it is home region advantage in the third week. Are they going to ask for Telstra to be made smaller when they make the Grand Final?

It's not like Parramatta got home ground advantage last week they played the dogs on their home ground.
It's not a home game for Storm it's just in their capital city.

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Originally Posted by abz
Why does it not surprise me?

Parramatta CEO accuses Melbourne of

I stoppred reading there. Dennis Fitzgerald the IDIOT blasts the team the Eels face this week.

It's Fitzy what did you expect?

mattyg

Bench
next year parra should move their home game against melbourne to the SCG and mark out the field square!! 100m x 100m with 20m in goals. See how they like that :lol:

Latest posts