What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Cheating Storm scum

Grail

Juniors
mattyg said:
next year parra should move their home game against melbourne to the SCG and mark out the field square!! 100m x 100m with 20m in goals. See how they like that :lol:

:crazy:

Shorty

Staff member
Well considering the Cows spanked the Warriors who were playing in blistering heat in their black uniform because of our decisions,I won't blast the Storm for attempting home ground advantage.

Still one has to think why,when they never stop leading on the ladder,have lost minimum games and beat Parra previous would they do this?

Grail

Juniors
Shorty said:
Well considering the Cows spanked the Warriors who were playing in blistering heat in their black uniform because of our decisions,I won't blast the Storm for attempting home ground advantage.

Heat and colour of jersey is not breaking the rules. That is just unfortunate.

The rules for the dimensions of the ground are very specific. OP measurements are smaller than that outlined in the rules, but they have a specific dispensation for that ground, and that ground alone.

When on a bigger field, without the physical obstacles to marking a larger field, they are no longer trying to gain a home ground advantage, they are actively seeking to break the rules of the game.

There is a big difference. The ground is supposed to be 68m wide, and in goals 6-11m deep. OP is 63m wide and has 5m in goals. These measurements quite clearly do not match up with what is written in the rules.

They attempted to cheat and are trying to excuse their crummy behaviour.

philstorm

Juniors
Hahaha, love the Parra whingers in this thread.

Big whoop. We'll now beat them by 4 tries instead of 5.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah it's not very good,but again I would understand somebody like the Broncos doing it had they been facing the Storm but they don't need to do this crap to win it's just plain silly.

What is their excuse for it anyway?

Shorty

Staff member
meltiger said:
:lol:

This thread has gone beyond funny now.

You dickheads.
How about,instead of name calling you actually explain the reasoning behind this?
Is it simply for an advantage or what?

philstorm

Juniors
No, it's about using the advantage that we've had all season.

It's just like Parra whinging about playing at the Dogs' home ground last weekend.

Obviously they want to complain about at least one thing once a week.

Grail

Juniors
Shorty said:
How about,instead of name calling you actually explain the reasoning behind this?
Is it simply for an advantage or what?

Yes, they did it for an advantage.
1. Melbourne are used to playing on the smaller dimension field. They train on it, they defend better on it. Their kickers are used to the smaller ingoals.
2. The Eels main strength this year is their outside backs, and then their kicking game. The Eels score more tries from kicks than any other team, and their back 3 accounted for about 35% of all their tries this year.

So, by having the smaller field, they are trying to nullify the Eels strengths.

In all honesty though, as you've pointed out, I don't see why they feel that need to do this. They have easily been the best team for the past 2 seasons, and should be able to beat the Eels no matter where the game is being played.

Their excuses are lame. Just suck it up, admit to being caught out and then play the game.

Grail

Juniors
philstorm said:

It's just like Parra whinging about playing at the Dogs' home ground last weekend.

Who complained about having to play at Telstra Stadium? Some cranky dyke who wanted to get her face in the paper? The Eels themselves didn't whinge, everyone knew it was going to be at Telstra Stadium or the SFS as soon as the Eels won the game.

V1er

Juniors
Parra never complained about playing Telstra, Dennis was actually quite happy with it. The rules state that the field must meet the standard requirements where possible, it isnt possible at OP but it is at telsra dome.

The Colonel

Immortal
philstorm said:

Had that in the first week. Do you want the same advantage at Telstra the week after?

Can you show me where Parramatta whinged about playing at Telstra? Or are you generalising and using a handful of fans who were worried about the home field advantage going to the Dogs?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
You'd think having a GF qualifier in your home state would be enough? but know they need to cheat to get more advantages.

Enjoy that week off boys? Parra will be testing your fitness in the second half when your match fitness starts to struggle, and we all know that with a bigger field that makes that task a little harder lol

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
El Diablo said:
and Fitzy KO's Wally in the 1st

onya Fitzy :clap:

he knew they'd try and pull a swifty

Bingo!

I love Dirty Tricks campaigns. They add to the drama of the game. I especially love it when teams get away with it...

... except when you are the ones playing against them.

So as a Parra fan I reserve the right to bring passion to this obvious, and totally expected, attempt by Melbourne to have the game played on a field the same as the one they are used to playing on. Therefore...

SCUM.

El Diablo

Post Whore
philstorm said:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22396799-5012654,00.html

But Parramatta CEO Dennis Fitzgerald yesterday dismissed notions of an unfair advantage to the Bulldogs.

"It's just the way that it happens," he said. "We always knew that if we got to the second week of the finals that this would be the case.

"I'm glad we won against the Warriors, otherwise we would be going to Townsville this weekend, whereas Telstra Stadium is a very local ground for us.

"We have known this all along, so it hasn't come as any surprise.

"For the past 29 years that I have been CEO here, we know that finals in this week have gone to the SCG, the SFS or Telstra Stadium.

"An advantage is that the capacity at Parramatta Stadium is only 20,500 fans, and we would like to double that figure with fans that can go to Telstra Stadium."

Latest posts