What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Cheating Storm scum

meltiger

First Grade
Shorty said:
How about,instead of name calling you actually explain the reasoning behind this?
Is it simply for an advantage or what?

Quite simply -

#a - I have already put sh*t on the 'integrity' argument. It's professional sport ffs
#b - We are discussing this pre-game, yes they broke the rules, yes they got caught and duly exposed BUT the ground will be configured as per the rule book come kick off on Sunday. If we were discussing this issue post game, then yes maybe I could understand the argument, but the fact is, Melbourne and Parramatta will run onto a regulation sized pitch on Sunday.

Does anyone think the Parramatta players are sitting there crying all day like little bitches like you lot are? No, the complaint was made, the club got caught, the changes have been made, now it's game on.

Basically, move on ffs lol

Generalzod

Immortal
I agree they are cheats how many times have the Storm been caught for being over the salary cap...and now they want to play around with the dimensions of the field.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Cheating Storm Scum?? hardly. More like wingeing slimy Eels. Shut up Fitzgerald you goose! or maybe don't if it motivates the Storm players.

I'm very keen for the Storm to win to make up for last year. I hope they smash Parra with their goose of a CEO. I don't dislike the Parra team, although I like the Storm more and want Storm to win but its obvious Fitzy has wanted Storm booted out for years (remember the 'Iceland' remark?) he's just constantly pedalling an anti Storm agenda.

Ice777

Bench
meltiger said:
Does anyone think the Parramatta players are sitting there crying all day like little bitches like you lot are? No, the complaint was made, the club got caught, the changes have been made, now it's game on.

Basically, move on ffs lol

Well Hindmarsh certainly isn't crying like a little biatch. Even one of the club greats wishes Fitzgerald would shut the hell up too :lol:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22436357-23214,00.html

Don't fire up Storm, Eels boss warned

By Stuart Honeysett and Margie McDonald
September 18, 2007
VETERAN Parramatta backrower Nathan Hindmarsh has a simple message for his boss Denis Fitzgerald: be quiet.

Hindmarsh's request came after the Parramatta chief executive questioned whether the Storm had a future in Victoria. With Melbourne and Parramatta meeting in a grand final qualifier at Telstra Dome on Sunday, Hindmarsh was worried that Fitzgerald's commments would steel the Storm and place the Eels under extra pressure.

The Australia forward said the Storm deserved respect for what it had achieved since joining the competition in 1998, including a title in 1999, consecutive minor premierships in 2006-07 and a grand final appearance last year. "Sometimes it would be nice if he (Fitzgerald) just kept a bit quiet because it adds i bit more fire to the belly of the Storm players" Hindmarsh said. It just gives them more motivation to want to beat us .

"If we're good enough we'll beat them on the day but you don't want to fuel their fire."
Fitzgerald has been a long-time critic of the Storm, once saying trying to sell league in Victoria was akin to trying to promote beach volleyball in Iceland. Storm players refused to react to the attack, with utility Matt Geyer saying it wasn't worth it.

"I don't want to buy into that," Geyer said. "That's what he's hoping for - he's hoping for a reaction and he needs to come up with something new." Backrower Ryan Hoffman agreed. "He's (Denis) been saying it for it years," Hoffman said. "But our fans are the most parochial in the NRL and quite a few of them are AFL converts, who absolutely love the game."

Forward Michael Crocker said the Storm had made inroads into sport in Victoria with many of its fans attending both rugby league and AFL matches."We've made a great impact especially in the last couple of years and our crowds are starting to show that," Crocker said.

"We get over 12,000 to our games and more if it's a big contest. It's like the Swans. They took a while to get a foothold in Sydney but now they've got a great fan base up there so you can't say a team that's not part of the main football scene in a city doesn't deserve to be there."

eels_fan_01

Bench
Storm shouldnt even be allowed to play at olympic park if its not the regulation size for an NRL field.

You cant choose how big you want the field, every NRL ground should be the same size.

smeghead

Bench
Fight back Parra.

Use a non sanctioned kicking tee with some black tape around it and watch the Storm cry a river until they are satisfied. :lol:

In the end however it is all gamesmanship. Much like Thurston being cited. We know the outcome but it adds to the drama of the week

sooperdooper

First Grade
sum move from the storm, just shows that they are worried about the eels this weekend!
would love nothing more than to shut up these silly storm fans!
All you other jokers have to be kidding, fitzgerald has done something for the good of the game and club and you still want to bag him?
He unlike most CEO's has the guts to speak up...

im sure if this was any other team all the fans on here would whinge about it as well...

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
Storm shouldnt even be allowed to play at olympic park if its not the regulation size for an NRL field.

You cant choose how big you want the field, every NRL ground should be the same size.
Exactly. The fact that the pitch is not the right size is interesting, isn't it?

I mean, wasn't there certain criteria to be met when teams applied for the newly formed NRL back in 98? I would have thought that having a pitch that is big enough would have been one of the criteria.

Not only has this shown up as a problem for the Finals, it puts a big question mark over their results in the regular season too.

Dani

Immortal
He has every right to call us cheats.

This is a pathetic act by the club. I'm really, really disappointed that they'd even try to pull a stunt like this.

Manly fLIP

Juniors
There is no coincidence that Melbourne are so good at home. If you could alter your play to match a home ground which happens to be a fair bit smaller than other grounds than you have an advantage every week you play there.

It is no surprise that Melbourne have tried to have the field changed for the game this weekend.

It is an attempt at cheating when considering the strict guidelines the NRL have about field sizes.

No they didn't get away with it but I bet you they would have done it if nobody was watching.

Latest posts