What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan/Widdop/Marshall/Farrah Spine??

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
It will either work and we will go very deep into the finals next year, or will will crash and burn.

I think they are one real strike centre/winger away from being a top 4 side next year. What about one of those Jennings brothers at penrith? Or penrith releasing Whare early to come back. They can't keep them all.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Look I can't verify this, but was told that Farrah was seen at St George Leagues? Either he wanted to play the pokies or get a cheap beer with a beef and black bean ? Or something else??

I think he was also seen looking at Bennetts old rental property at Blakehurst
:crazy:

RED73V

Juniors
Agree. Widdop @ 26 IS my priority to retain. But Benji @ 31 is off contract at the end of 2016 and is a far better option than any others at this stage. I'd also argue he was our better half this season.
I believe he would be well worth another 2 year contract, which would see him out in the Red V :D.
I really hope we don't resign Benji his decision making is ordinary & is not the best in defense either I'm hoping Hutchison will step up next year & fill the void his kicking game is already better then Benjis & plays with more direction as well. I'm sure all our supporters would be more patient watching Hutchisons development instead of pulling our hair out when Benji gets the ball . ](*,)](*,)

St Georgio

Juniors
Some people have absolutely noooooooo idea on Rugby League and how to build a competitive team.
3 years of hell with S Price...2012-2014.
Everyone Screaming no to Benji...FACT without Benji we would have contended for the wooden spoon!
Thank God Mary knows how to coach a bit and build a competitive team, if Farrah come to the Dragons, I believe we will be genuine premiership contenders.
I am all for Farrah coming to the Red V, so lets see if Mary thinks the same.

p.s I reckon we should add Gold to our away jersey.
saints away jersey.jpg

Last edited:
V

Vasilevsky

Some people have absolutely noooooooo idea on Rugby League and how to build a competitive team.
3 years of hell with S Price...2012-2014.
Everyone Screaming no to Benji...FACT without Benji we would have contended for the wooden spoon!
Thank God Mary knows how to coach a bit and build a competitive team, if Farrah come to the Dragons, I believe we will be genuine premiership contenders.
I am all for Farrah coming to the Red V, so lets see if Mary thinks the same.

Benji was out for 2 or 3 games this season. Everyone's favorite superstar 5/8 had the chance to walk the walk and show he is a good playmaker. What resulted was certainly in attack, the most painful, inept displays of any team this season. Benji also had one game without Widdop. A chance for Benji to play his game and be the main playmaker on both sides of the ruck. What resulted was a fantastic display of attacking football.

St Georgio

Juniors
Benji was out for 2 or 3 games this season. Everyone's favorite superstar 5/8 had the chance to walk the walk and show he is a good playmaker. What resulted was certainly in attack, the most painful, inept displays of any team this season. Benji also had one game without Widdop. A chance for Benji to play his game and be the main playmaker on both sides of the ruck. What resulted was a fantastic display of attacking football.

SOO hooker and ppl don't want him very very strange...will prove to be very effective like Benji.
Look at the Sharks without Ennis no chance of playing finals footy.

I like this away strip.
saints away jersey.jpg

St Georgio

Juniors
You're not letting this go are you ?

I said ok
images

How about we make just the numbers on the back Gold?

hardbaby

Coach
I just think Farah is a pain in the arse. Short term fix that would cost us the ability to purchase some gun backs. Sure the Tigers are contributing to his salary but you would also need to dump Rein and still pay good money. Could they dump Rein.

Juniors
St George Illawarra have emerged as the favourites to sign unwanted Tigers captain Robbie Farah in a move that would reunite him with long-time teammate Benji Marshall.

Fairfax Media can reveal Farah could be swapping one joint-venture club for another, as the Dragons have identified him as an experienced head capable of helping them take the next step after an unexpected finals appearance.

TOP STORY: The immortal debate, who is worthy?

Farah remains contracted to the Tigers for the next two years, taking up the best part of $2 million in salary cap space over the period.

The NSW hooker has privately indicated he will dig in his heels unless he can find a Sydney club that is a genuine premiership contender.

The Dragons could well match that criterion after coach Paul McGregor did a remarkable job in his first full year at the helm. Most pundits predicted the Red V would be spoon contenders, but it took a field goal by Canterbury playmaker Josh Reynolds in extra time to boot them out of the first week of the finals.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...er-robbie-farah-20150919-gjqcmd#ixzz3mCkdislV

Read more at http://www.nospam9/nrl/dragons-emerge-as-favourites-for-robbie-farah-19068/#rLG8uTisxw7fFgqY.99

V

Vasilevsky

I just think Farah is a pain in the arse. Short term fix that would cost us the ability to purchase some gun backs. Sure the Tigers are contributing to his salary but you would also need to dump Rein and still pay good money. Could they dump Rein.

Why would it be short-term? I think Farah will be a good for at least 3 more years. Money would be the only issue but if reports are true about how much of his salary the Tigers are willing to pay, that wouldn't be an issue. Of course they would need to get rid of Rein. A straight swap would be good but obviously the Tigers don't need a hooker.

The question is why should Rein get dumped.

Yes he has limitations in his game but with better coaching he can get better against a guy who is a known trouble maker who is just a flat out wanker in Farrah.

Rein is well within his rights to say nope I am not willing to go in any swap and why should he.

A local junior who has worked his way through the ranks and quite frankly deserves a little more respect the same respect that wasn't shown to Stockwell.

Como Connection

First Grade
I would like to win a competition in the next three years, therefore YES TO FARAH for me, no question.
NRL is about winning and if Rein has to go, business call.
I'm sure Mary would like to win a GF in the next three years, therefore I guess he's on my side.
FACT.