What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan/Widdop/Marshall/Farrah Spine??

St Georgio

Juniors
I would like to win a competition in the next three years, therefore YES TO FARAH for me, no question.
NRL is about winning and if Rein has to go, business call.
I'm sure Mary would like to win a GF in the next three years, therefore I guess he's on my side.
FACT.

Brilliant!

nrlnrl

First Grade
Why would it be short-term? I think Farah will be a good for at least 3 more years. Money would be the only issue but if reports are true about how much of his salary the Tigers are willing to pay, that wouldn't be an issue. Of course they would need to get rid of Rein. A straight swap would be good but obviously the Tigers don't need a hooker.

2 years max - he's 32 in January & the number of minutes he plays plus Origins will see him done in that time

BennyV

Referee
Benji was out for 2 or 3 games this season. Everyone's favorite superstar 5/8 had the chance to walk the walk and show he is a good playmaker. What resulted was certainly in attack, the most painful, inept displays of any team this season. Benji also had one game without Widdop. A chance for Benji to play his game and be the main playmaker on both sides of the ruck. What resulted was a fantastic display of attacking football.

You've beaten this drum a few times...you know how different the circumstances were, right? I mean, Widdop played one game with a reserve grade pack (remembering we had to.buy players to fill in) and another with JDB as the other other attacking potion against a Top 2 team. Compared with Benji paying with a near full strength pack against the cellar dwelling Tigers (which we won in golden point, cops be attributed to Benji's game management?).

A fairer example would be comparing the game where Benji went off early again the Warriors.

BennyV

Referee
Why would it be short-term? I think Farah will be a good for at least 3 more years. Money would be the only issue but if reports are true about how much of his salary the Tigers are willing to pay, that wouldn't be an issue. Of course they would need to get rid of Rein. A straight swap would be good but obviously the Tigers don't need a hooker.

Agree, hes easily got 3-4 years in him, and in that time we can go searching for the next decent hooker and blood him. A straight swap also gives Tigpies a hooker with a bit of first grade experience to ease Cherrington through.

V

Vasilevsky

A fairer example would be comparing the game where Benji went off early again the Warriors.

What utter nonsense. The Warriors without Sean Johnson is like Christmas without Santa Claus. Apart from Benji the team vs the Warriors and was the same as the team vs Brisbane.

_Johnsy

Referee
And potentially destroy the balance and harmony of the playing group. If you guys sign him I wonder how it would work as it is very clear he likes to do what Farah likes to do.

He'll be at a new club "the odd man out" so to speak & i'd imagine he'd want to prove himself to the other boys. Just my experience with new blokes coming into a team situation.

BennyV

Referee
And potentially destroy the balance and harmony of the playing group. If you guys sign him I wonder how it would work as it is very clear he likes to do what Farah likes to do.

Its a rugby league team, not a f**king yoga group!

BennyV

Referee
What utter nonsense. The Warriors without Sean Johnson is like Christmas without Santa Claus. Apart from Benji the team vs the Warriors and was the same as the team vs Brisbane.

I would argue the Warriors without Johnson were equal to the Tigpies of this year. Regardless, Johnson adds nothing to their defence and it could be argued that it is stronger with Lolohea defending.

Again, its not the perfect example, but its fairer than the comparison of Widdop + JDB or Widdop behind a reserve grade forward pack against a Top 2 and Top 8 team respectively, to a Benji + Hutch with full strengrh side vs cellar dwellars.

Fact is, they are add necessary as each other if we are going to win, and we play best when they combine equally (see Sharks at Kogarah, Canberra at Gong). But neither is a chief playmaker, they are both ball running halves. If we are behind by 4, I'd prefer to see Benji oull something out of his ass. If we are up by 4, give it t Gareth every time.

What changes if we add Farah is that we get that organisation, leadership and reliability that we lacked with Rein. Thats why I want this to happen!!

Gm5

Juniors
if it means a premiership within 2 years then another shitty rebuild like the price era then idk man

possm

Coach
I'm still all for Farah playing for the Dragons from next season on. He is the type of player we have been missing and his inclusion along with the new recruits already singed will more than compensate for losing Morris and Merrin.

FlameThrower

Bench
So social media, regular media and this forum all hinting at Farrah coming to the Dragons? That means he will sign with Souths....

Exsilium

Coach
Its a rugby league team, not a f**king yoga group!

Oh yeah you're right. Football teams don't need balance or harmony they need an agenda driven, egotistical cancer like Robbie Farah. He can play football when he wants to but what's going to happen when Mary says "sorry mate I want you to do this instead". Cue Robbie Farah throwing his toys out of the cot.

He may come in and be great but would you trust his character?