What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan

Frenzy.

Immortal
Its August now mate, changed this year.
The other thing is that with Chads money we could have $500k in the kitty to forward someones pay for next year.

You talkin' back ending bubby? That's not allowed anymore except with exemption from the NRL.

Chimp

Bench
You talkin' back ending bubby? That's not allowed anymore except with exemption from the NRL.
No, you can do the opposite though, front end…
Getting Chad (and potentially Duges) out early - the money you save on their contracts this year can either be used to pre-pay someone and take it off next years cap.
Essentially how ever much money you save this year you can get extra next year.

Frenzy.

Immortal
If we can pay A-Fi 500k this year, next year he is on a modest wage, and we have that spare for someone else

No, you can do the opposite though, front end…
Getting Chad (and potentially Duges) out early - the money you save on their contracts this year can either be used to pre-pay someone and take it off next years cap.
Essentially how ever much money you save this year you can get extra next year.

Gotchas!

Frenzy.

Immortal
If we can pay A-Fi 500k this year, next year he is on a modest wage, and we have that spare for someone else

Hang on a sec

Which years cap would the $500k go in? If it goes in 2021 we blow the cap. If it goes in 2022 there's nothing spare is there? Just means we paid him early. The $500k can't disappear into thin air.

Hang on a sec

Which years cap would the $500k go in? If it goes in 2021 we blow the cap. If it goes in 2022 there's nothing spare is there? Just means we paid him early. The $500k can't disappear into thin air.
Its hypothetical
if Duges gets let go, add on Chads money there is cash there, whatever it is. Bring forward someones pay from next year. I just used A-Fi as an example. He gets some of next years pay this year, still under the cap because it was Chad and Duges money.

Frenzy.

Immortal
If Duges leaves by himself right? That's why I said it isn't worth turfing him cause then we gotta pay, right?

Wondering if the Waryers picked up Chad's whole remaining contract?

Chimp

Bench
Its hypothetical
if Duges gets let go, add on Chads money there is cash there, whatever it is. Bring forward someones pay from next year. I just used A-Fi as an example. He gets some of next years pay this year, still under the cap because it was Chad and Duges money.
Exactly this… let’s say we save a third of both Chad and Duges salary by letting them go early, and let’s say after we’ve paid for a minimum wager to join the squad for remainder of year, this totals $400k left over just for illustration… we’ve now have $400k to spend on this years cap.

Fi-Fi is due $850k next year, so we pull forward some of that and pay him the $400k this year, leaving his salary on the cap for 2022 at $450k. That also makes shipping him off elsewhere much more palatable - if we can get another NRL club, or Super League to pay $250k for him, we can send him off and only take a $200k salary cap hit next year, instead of $650k.

Chimp

Bench
If Duges leaves by himself right? That's why I said it isn't worth turfing him cause then we gotta pay, right?

If we sack him for gross misconduct, he doesn’t get paid any further, so we still save on the cap. But we’d have to sack him, can’t just mutually agree, as then we’d be required to honour his contractual payments

The convo started because I questioned the motives about why Hannay went public with his disappointment. I figure he was given the go ahead by Dino ie: there is a reason behind the reason. I question what would benefit us most in this case scenario. Duges sacked helps us next year big time payment wise.
You know better than I that nothing is as it seems in Rugby League.

Frenzy.

Immortal
If we sack him for gross misconduct, he doesn’t get paid any further, so we still save on the cap. But we’d have to sack him, can’t just mutually agree, as then we’d be required to honour his contractual payments

Is this gross misconduct though? Maybe it is. $25,000 is a big fine. I could see it ending in court.

Because it would be a Dugan thing to do

Frenzy.

Immortal
The convo started because I questioned the motives about why Hannay went public with his disappointment. I figure he was given the go ahead by Dino ie: there is a reason behind the reason. I question what would benefit us most in this case scenario. Duges sacked helps us next year big time payment wise.
You know better than I that nothing is as it seems in Rugby League.

It's obvious, they are going to bully him.

txta2

Bench
Pretty sure that's the 3rd strike for Dugan. Must be something in his contract in regards to bringing the club into disrepute. get rid rid of him.

R-15-3

Bench
Wouldn’t surprise me if we are waiting for his 14 days to be up before getting him in for a formal warning. Will have the lawyers going over everything and crossing the T and dotting the I and working out if it’s possible to tear up his contract.

chewsta

First Grade
Disappointing from Duges. One of our best every week not that long ago. Could have just quietly put his head down and worked his way quickly back into the team with no fuss. Weak effort.