What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan's worth

Crush

Coach
Dragons were a little better than a woeful Tigers outfit.

Dugan was great.

But apparently it's not a mess.

Straight Shooter
So OV, its now June and although today wasn't their best performance they are sitting 3rd on the ladder.
8 wins, 4 losses and lets be honest that is with some crippling injuries to our playmakers.
You said in March that we were crazy for getting excited and we were were March Premiers. You mocked us in April saying that the same thing happened in 2015. May came and went. Its now June, exactly halfway through the comp and we are in the top 4.
And here you are calling it a mess.
Listen to yourself! Its sad. You never pull the good out of a game or situation, always the negatives. Honestly its depressing.

Crush

Coach
Wasn't able to watch the game this afternoon but looks like Dugan dished up some pretty decent stats despite backing up from Origin:

143 metres from 13 runs (2nd highest behind Lafai), 4 tackle busts, 1 line break and 1 line break assist.
I was at the game, he did some great things and made some errors too.
He made a try saving tackle on teddy that was gold! Made some solid runs out of own end and a couple of line breaks.
Errors were dropping the ball in a backline movement cold and also the attack breaking down on occasion when he got the ball in a set play.
Overall though a very good game.
He also did seem to pick up an injury in last 20 minutes, he was limping FYI

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I was at the game, he did some great things and made some errors too.
He made a try saving tackle on teddy that was gold! Made some solid runs out of own end and a couple of line breaks.
Errors were dropping the ball in a backline movement cold and also the attack breaking down on occasion when he got the ball in a set play.
Overall though a very good game.
He also did seem to pick up an injury in last 20 minutes, he was limping FYI

Cheers for the update

John moz

Juniors
No dugan no win in todays game he is a fullback and dragons should seriously reconsider. The matt dufty would have not done what dugan did today saving tries .

Bench
His defence is never in doubt. That alone is worth enough to keep him in the fullback position.
I think he would get the nod over Tedesco for defence.
Tedesco can defend quite well plus he has the speed to make a break and does pass the ball.
He gets the nod over Dugan overall
Next season is a worry, we have two speedsters in Field and Dufty but there is a big question about their defence. They do not have the build like Dugan and teams will target them.

TruSaint

Referee
Dugan was very good today.
Yes, he's leaving, but today he was one of our best along with McIness, Thommo and Gaz.
Not a great win, but 2 points and 3rd on the ladder irrespective of other results.

1st & 10

Juniors
I don't want us to have Daley as our coach. He was a great player, but that does not make him a great coach. I remember listening to his commentary on Fox. His comments were usually very basic and superficial, like what you would be saying to under 11's or something. He does not strike me as having an insightful football brain.

I would take Brownie over Daley any day of the week.

Daley is very much a fan of "the boys club" philosophy. It's harder to get dumped from the team than to make it. The Aussie cricket team made this same error about 10 years earlier . It's not good . I could imagine Lombardi or Halas pulling Daley aside

Daley and Walters commentary goes no further than "the team that scores more points after the 80mins will win"

Qld fans should be very worried about their coach. He really has trouble stringing a sentence together

As for the tattooed plasticine man.... I don't care, however I would like the sharks salary cap looked at

Crush

Coach
Dugan was very good today.
Yes, he's leaving, but today he was one of our best along with McIness, Thommo and Gaz.
Not a great win, but 2 points and 3rd on the ladder irrespective of other results.
Thommo is a tough bugger. His tackling is so hard! He may not be the biggest forward but he is the hit man. He is the toughest guy in that football club seriously. He's an animal, my new favorite.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Dugan was excellent today heap of tackle breaks, a line break and couple try saving tackles. All good for this year BUT we seriously need to plan for next year. Dufty or Field hopefully will bulk up to handle first grade. I.E. If we are serious about keeping these guys long term or look at other options.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Dugan played well he should have passed to Mann when he made the break down the right side but as he has done in the past hogged the ball. Mann was away for the prize without the ball.

possm

Coach
So OV, its now June and although today wasn't their best performance they are sitting 3rd on the ladder.
8 wins, 4 losses and lets be honest that is with some crippling injuries to our playmakers.
You said in March that we were crazy for getting excited and we were were March Premiers. You mocked us in April saying that the same thing happened in 2015. May came and went. Its now June, exactly halfway through the comp and we are in the top 4.
And here you are calling it a mess.
Listen to yourself! Its sad. You never pull the good out of a game or situation, always the negatives. Honestly its depressing.
Crush,
Only Mary supports afraid of the wheels falling off come finals time are pushing for Mary to be extended asap. I hold the view that there is nothing to be gained and all to be lost by rushing to appoint this man as coach. Who knows what opportunities will become available at end of season so why not wait and let things unfold so the Club can make the right decision?

mickeylane

Bench
Thommo is a tough bugger. His tackling is so hard! He may not be the biggest forward but he is the hit man. He is the toughest guy in that football club seriously. He's an animal, my new favorite.
He is our new Beau Scott circa 2010

Latest posts