What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

soc123_au

Staff member
Smug, That is not true.

We all at times start pointless arguements. Di is no worse than me. Or anyone else on this forum.

Why single out Di ? That's just not right, or fair.
Is it to do with gender though? Most would argue that gender has nothing to do with it. Some people just dont get on, get triggered by a certain posting style or whatever.
Plenty of people in here get triggered every time Silverdale posts in here, or Hindy (who imo is about as inoffensive and polite as they come) but it has nothing to do with what they piss out of. More about their posting style or subject matter.
Making this about something that it's not is just dumb imo. Iamback's racism post was about trying to make a point. I'd bet my balls that he doesn't really think Di is a racist. How some have come to the conclusion that most in here are misogynists is just bizarre.

Iamback

Coach
Is it to do with gender though? Most would argue that gender has nothing to do with it. Some people just dont get on, get triggered by a certain posting style or whatever.
Plenty of people in here get triggered every time Silverdale posts in here, or Hindy (who imo is about as inoffensive and polite as they come) but it has nothing to do with what they piss out of. More about their posting style or subject matter.
Making this about something that it's not is just dumb imo. Iamback's racism post was about trying to make a point. I'd bet my balls that he doesn't really think Di is a racist. How some have come to the conclusion that most in here are misogynists is just bizarre.

Correct. you can keep your balls

Plenty of people don't like me and that is fine. As plenty I know in real don't that is life

It has nothing to do with skin colour or anything.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

At times soc123_au it is linked to gender.

Di and I believe (whether it is correct or not) that we are not given the same latitude as the blokes get.

Phrases like 'your a fool' or 'grow up' on occassion tend to get thrown up faster and quicker than what happens with the blokes.

It's probably a perception thing, but this is how I percieve it. If either Di or I make a genuine mistake we are both jumped on from a very great height.

And perception (in my opinion) is everything.

Being told earlier today that my posting is garbage, and that Di always start arguments on the forum, add fuel to my perception.

Do I have an inferiority complex about posting on this forum. Yep I probably do.

At times things are spoken of almost 'in code'. Then Di and I get jumped on when we don't catch on to this code. Yesterday was an example, and has led to this.

All that needed to happen was the poster say 'oh I was talking about him playing at centre' not his actual NRL experience.

Instead I was jumped all over, and it grew at an alarming rate.

I hope my ramblings now have made some sense.

It is daunting being one of 2 females on this sub forum. Have you ever asked yourselves why there are so few of us here. ?

When lots of women follow the game, and turn up at games.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
League unlimited twitter has 22,500 followers.

A few clubs alone have more members then that.

Penrith's twitter alone has 71,500 follows

There are plenty of RL fans who don't post here for various reasons

soc123_au

Staff member
@Iamback, nice assumption you have just made. You are reading into an article that I have just posted, and assumed, with your arrogance, that I am fooled? Nice work champ, well done.

Did I start this one? No I did not.
You kind of did to be fair. This is what started it. Alice playing the misogany card directly after just added fuel to the fire and really kicked things off.

If you and Alice genuinely believe that this stuff is based on gender then I'm truly sorry for whatever happened in your lives to cause you to think that way, and hope that whoever inflicted the causes on you is somewhere unpleasant now.

If either of you are just trolling, then bravo, well played.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
At times soc123_au it is linked to gender.

Di and I believe (whether it is correct or not) that we are not given the same latitude as the blokes get.

Phrases like 'your a fool' or 'grow up' on occassion tend to get thrown up faster and quicker than what happens with the blokes.

It's probably a perception thing, but this is how I percieve it. If either Di or I make a genuine mistake we are both jumped on from a very great height.

And perception (in my opinion) is everything.

Being told earlier today that my posting is garbage, and that Di always start arguments on the forum, add fuel to my perception.

Do I have an inferiority complex about posting on this forum. Yep I probably do.

At times things are spoken of almost 'in code'. Then Di and I get jumped on when we don't catch on to this code. Yesterday was an example, and has led to this.

All that needed to happen was the poster say 'oh I was talking about him playing at centre' not his actual NRL experience.

Instead I was jumped all over, and it grew at an alarming rate.

I hope my ramblings now have made some sense.

It is daunting being one of 2 females on this sub forum. Have you ever asked yourselves why there are so few of us here. ?

When lots of women follow the game, and turn up at games.
To be fair Alice, I have seen you jump all over Di as well, for stuff she has posted.

I personally don’t think it has anything to do with sex and everything to do with what’s being posted.

but That’s just my point of view.

soc123_au

Staff member
Thanks for your post. It does provide a lot of insight, even though I dont see things the same way. At least it explains how you are thinking.

I highlight the above section though. Maybe it's just men and women being wired differently in how we think and see things. There is no code, it's plain as day to most of us. No conspiracy, just how we read things. On the post that kicked this off and the earlier one involving centres it was obvious to me at least what the op's were talking about. It was a wtf? moment for me when I saw both yours and Di's reactions.

Iamback

Coach
To be fair Alice, I have seen you jump all over Di as well, for stuff she has posted.

I personally don’t think it has anything to do with sex and everything to do with what’s being posted.

but That’s just my point of view.

That is it.

A few of the names here could be male or female. Especially with the footballers as profile pics all you have to go by is the content of the posts

DinkyDi

Juniors
You kind of did to be fair. This is what started it. Alice playing the misogany card directly after just added fuel to the fire and really kicked things off.

If you and Alice genuinely believe that this stuff is based on gender then I'm truly sorry for whatever happened in your lives to cause you to think that way, and hope that whoever inflicted the causes on you is somewhere unpleasant now.

All because I misunderstood what @Iamback said? Again, how hard is it to reference the article, and yes I know that Lang is most likely not on this site? It is not rock science.

The_Frog

First Grade
I don't have a problem with Hindy although I've chipped him once or twice for gloating when we've lost, which fortunately is a rarity these days. The Phantom is a troll of the worst kind. Pisses in your pocket before unloading. Have had him on ignore for ages. Rhyno doesn't bother me in the slightest, he's actually very good at getting bites. Skeepe is a rude prick who loves a bit of theatre (see quote below) but like Rhyno quite harmless. Those who get personal are the problem for me, but they are on ignore.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Thanks for your post. It does provide a lot of insight, even though I dont see things the same way. At least it explains how you are thinking.

I highlight the above section though. Maybe it's just men and women being wired differently in how we think and see things. There is no code, it's plain as day to most of us. No conspiracy, just how we read things. On the post that kicked this off and the earlier one involving centres it was obvious to me at least what the op's were talking about. It was a wtf? moment for me when I saw both yours and Di's reactions.

I think you've hit on something here soc123_au. It's about men and woman being wired differently.

It wasn't obvious to me that Lamback was talking about centres. I reacted to what was written......I did not see any wording that related to centres only. It was Critta's older brother being talked about.....and I rightly pointed out after checking my facts that CC made his debut at Penrith in mid 2018.....before going to the Bulldogs. Which is what I said.

The post was written at 3.05 and then edited at 3.29pm where the phrase about him playing at centre was added I believe.

I made my post at 3.31pm. Because I had gone and checked my sources and information, I did not go back and re check the post if any edit's had been made. (I think in hindsight the post was edited whilst I was creating my post.

post number) . 11965. I was not harsh in what I said.....and then rest they say is history. It kicked off.

Within minutes I was being called a fool.

WestyLife

First Grade
All because I misunderstood what @Iamback said? Again, how hard is it to reference the article, and yes I know that Lang is most likely not on this site? It is not rock science.
I think the issue people had was once clarified there was no de-escalation. For example when I politely explained you said he took too long and where therefore justified in your anger.

soc123_au

Staff member
He did reference it by quoting it. I don't think anyone has a problem with you or anyone else for misunderstanding a post. It happens. It's the things that came after that.

I know you meant by clarifying with names in his post, but really the article being quoted should have been enough. He clarified after you questioned him on it, that really should have been the end of it. By then others had weighed in and things got silly.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

No I'm not trolling.

I won't go into my previous life, but it wasn't pretty. I will explain this:

I dealt with a partner who had this wonderful ability to deliberately withhold vital information from me to make me look deranged or silly. Especially in public

I think the term that is used is called either crazy making or gaslighting.

Latest posts