What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dykes move is dependent on another release.

From Memory he is the GB halfback. But Lets not get our hopes up high it was only 2sm. I think Smithy might is going to depend on Witt, T Smith and Blake Green next year.

Eelementary

Post Whore
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

DON'T sign a Pommy halfback!

Thorman was tearing it up over there and has struggled here.

Why would Long or Paul be any different?

Parraren

Bench
Eelementary I think you'll find Paul & Long are in a much different class to Thorman. However I still think it would take them time to adjust to the NRL regardless.

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

DON'T sign a Pommy halfback!

Thorman was tearing it up over there and has struggled here.

Why would Long or Paul be any different?

Long is actually more than half decent 'Mentary - He is one bloke that could well be more than a hit over hjere. I'd place him on par with Gower, Sherwin and maybe a shade behind Orford.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Well why not buy Orford then?

Thorman is a great player but he hasn't been given a decent shot. We still don't have an organising halfback. I'll state it now we will not make the eight next year.

My prediction would be 11th. I hope this isn't true but we just don't know what to do when we get our hands on the ball and this will not change next year with the players we have bought. Maybe Riddell will keep us away from the spoon.

The Colonel

Immortal
We tried apparently 'Daze. He's waiting on the Central Coast bid being accepted. Depending on what happens between now and next year in regards to whom we will be playing in the no 7 you may not be too far from the truth.

Cupid Stunt

What would the chances be that we play a year with what we have while waiting to see if the CC gets told no & then go after Orford? I realize we would be short a quality playmaker but is it really a stretch to think we cant band-aid the problem for a season with the cattle we have?

The Colonel

Immortal
Cupid Stunt said:
What would the chances be that we play a year with what we have while waiting to see if the CC gets told no & then go after Orford? I realize we would be short a quality playmaker but is it really a stretch to think we cant band-aid the problem for a season with the cattle we have?

True, but if the Central Coast get in and we are still struggling what then?

Misty Bee

First Grade
So we have to wait yet ANOTHER year before conditions are right for us to make the right purchases. Meanwhile, other clubs just get on with it. What are we waiting for? The return of Halley's Comet?????

Cupid Stunt

If the CC get in then we still have the cash in the bank & no extra harm has been done. By not waiting & buying maybes & neverweres my worry is that we will just be throwing good money after bad & still getting no results.
Sorry, I was just useing Orford as an example, I should have made that clearer.

Misty Bee said:
So we have to wait yet ANOTHER year before conditions are right for us to make the right purchases. Meanwhile, other clubs just get on with it. What are we waiting for? The return of Halley's Comet?????

Well whats left? In an ideal situation we would obviously have our first choice locked up already but who's left that will greatly increase our chances next year?

yy_cheng

Coach
Sherwin by any chance???

Barking up the wrong tree
By James Hooper
July 30, 2004

"FRUSTRATED Bulldogs halfback Brent Sherwin has had enough of suggestions he and five-eighth Braith Anasta are at war, asserting the pair have buried any underlying differences from earlier in the season"

Misty Bee

First Grade
And in the meantime we let Thorman go and possibly Dykes, and get no one in return? And that happened AFTER Orford, Firman, Roberts, Gidley etc were signed? :roll:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Parraren said:
Eelementary I think you'll find Paul & Long are in a much different class to Thorman. However I still think it would take them time to adjust to the NRL regardless.

Time to adjust - that's what I mean.

Why sign a Pom who will need time to adjust?

In that case why not just play Tim Smith and Witty?

Avenger

Immortal
Dykes will not be released IF we do not get a suitable/capable half replacement. Smith is not that stupid, especially after being heavily critisized for letting players go and not replacing them with quality.

Suitman

Post Whore
Avenger said:
Dykes will not be released IF we do not get a suitable/capable half replacement. Smith is not that stupid, especially after being heavily critisized for letting players go and not replacing them with quality.

Isn't he???
HIS "BIG STRONG AND UGLY" THEORY FOR THIS SEASON PROVES TO ME THAT HE IS.

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach
Misty Bee said:

If the players aren't available, we can't buy em.