What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Dylan Brown thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not sure there's much point appealing to the Indian crowd, at least not in large numbers. Obviously some individual people will follow RL

You only have to look at the sporting landscape in India. It's cricket and then pretty much nothing. Even soccer, the most popular game in the world, barely registers relative to the size of the population. I couldn't tell you why but it just seems that, apart from cricket, Indian fans aren't really that big on sport.

Just because the market is there doesn't mean it's necessarily smart to spend time and money targeting it.

I've worked with many Indian people, and they all tell me the same thing - the Indian government only cares about cricket, and so only puts resources into growing cricket.

Even hockey, which India are quite good at, gets no support.

It's a shame.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So...

I've seen enough of this kid to know he will be a megastar of our code.

Even today, as soon as we got some ball, he looked dangerous.

If he wants to stay, offer him good money to stay, imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
500k a year?

Give him extra 50k and get it done....he just looks so composed.

I know he's only played 2 games, but...

He's just so f**king good.

His composure, his defence, his kicking, his calmness...

He is an absolute gun.

We simply must keep him.

And it cannot be a coincidence that Moses is playing probably his best footy, with Brown as his partner...

T-Boon

Coach
We should upgrade what ever contract he is currently on so he loves us. If he is on $100k make it $200k.

Actually if we can find the room make it 300k.
See if he will upgrade 1 extra year for an overall $900k contract.
We also should upgrade little man Mahoney.
Basically all the guys I have written off, give them a re-up.

Djay

Juniors
I know he's only played 2 games, but...

He's just so f**king good.

His composure, his defence, his kicking, his calmness...

He is an absolute gun.

We simply must keep him.

And it cannot be a coincidence that Moses is playing probably his best footy, with Brown as his partner...
Nothing phases him whatsoever.

His 2 grubbers when we finally got into they're end to get repeat sets and build pressure were exactly what we needed, not only did he think of doing it, he executed it to perfection.

That there showed just ho good and smart this kid is his a special special breed no doubt about it.

Nothing phases him whatsoever.

His 2 grubbers when we finally got into they're end to get repeat sets and build pressure were exactly what we needed, not only did he think of doing it, he executed it to perfection.

That there showed just ho good and smart this kid is his a special special breed no doubt about it.
As Bert would say... "I like the boy".

strider

Post Whore
According to NRL stats (unreliable but it’ll do), Brown has missed 2 tackles in 160 minutes of football as an 18 year old rookie half. That is astounding!!
Champion has it as 2 ineffective tackles - as opposed to missed tackles ... i dont know exactly what the difference is .... but im going with ineffective been slightly better than missed lol

Noise

Coach
Champion has it as 2 ineffective tackles - as opposed to missed tackles ... i dont know exactly what the difference is .... but im going with ineffective been slightly better than missed lol

Yep, ineffective is usually when they got an offload away as opposed to missed when they miss the tackle and it results in a tackle bust

Latest posts