What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E3 2014

Iafeta

Referee
RandyMarshJizz.jpg

It wouldn't surprise that, if you squinted really, really hard, you could spy a Goron over on that volcano. :lol:

Had the same feeling watching the Crew ... ooh yeah.

Iafeta

Referee
Two others that have caught my eye... Kingdom Come, its a fair way off, but it seems a good, realistic medieval RPG. Sure, its not backed by a multimillion dollar studio by the looks of it, but they seem a good underdog story coming good with what looks to be a well researched product... and I've never got into the Tom Clancy ones, but Rainbox Six Siege's gameplay demo was jizz worthy.

Parra Pride

Coach
I know it was all done on purpose, but the point of view guy on the Rainbow Six trailer frustrated the hell out of me.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Nintendo wins again!

jxH1Igz.png

Zelda looking amazing.

Went out and bought a Wii U yesterday after seeing this. There are already plenty of decent games to play on it but I was just waiting for that one "wow" moment to push me over the edge and Nintendo did it with this.

cx2BgcF.gif

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I preferred the Sony presentation over the Microsoft one. My general complaint is the limited in game footage they provided. Nearly everything was cinematic

The order and uncharted were both in-game. Apparently, uncharted was real-time in-game, not like what naughty dog usually do for their games where it's in-engine rendered on a PC cranked to the max.

[youtube]y1Rx-Bbht5E[/youtube]

If the final product looks like this, sweet jesus.

The division demo's, Rainbow Six Siege and Assassin's Creed unity all looked amazing, but I'll reserve judgement on Ubisofts usual scripted bullshots before getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
The order and uncharted were both in-game. Apparently, uncharted was real-time in-game, not like what naughty dog usually do for their games where it's in-engine rendered on a PC cranked to the max.

[youtube]y1Rx-Bbht5E[/youtube]

If the final product looks like this, sweet jesus.

The division demo's, Rainbow Six Siege and Assassin's Creed unity all looked amazing, but I'll reserve judgement on Ubisofts usual scripted bullshots before getting my hopes up.

Looks like I'll definitely be getting a ps4 now. Uncharted looks incredible

jargan83

Coach
I was thinking about getting a Wii U and that Zelda trailer pushed me well over the edge so I will pick one up in a week or so.

Haven't caught up on all the E3 stuff yet but The Order and The Division look great. Uncharted 4 looks amazing although I haven't played any of the others in the series.

Frederick

Staff member
After seeing that trailer for Zelda I'm glad I got a wii u over Christmas. Haven't touched it for months, but Zelda will definitely see it get some use

Wato

Juniors
For me the game of the show has to be Destiny. Looks amazing with so much depth and great PvP, I think people underestimate the dent this will make in the Halo market and is a massive win for sony. I only really play halo on my 360 but see no reason to get an xbone with destiny coming out with exclusive content on sony plus sony has naughty dog. All the conferences were string but despite the lull in the middle I think Sony showed the best variety of quality games with some massive exclusives like uncharted, LBP 3 and Bloodborne.

Eelementary

Post Whore
IMO the biggies were:

* Destiny (looks fantastic)

* The Order 1886 (looks swweeeeeeet)

* Tom Clancy's The Division (awesome)

* No Man's Sky (wow)

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
What's special about destiny.

Looks like a typical space shooter. I'm probably part of the minority when I say this, but I don't get how and why this makes it any different to the other shooters. I actually think the battle field game looks more fun.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Game of the show looks to be zelda and i also liked the division and 1886.

The EA presentations sucked for the sport games.

Feel the game for Fifa...they promote the same shit.
Madden with the fun D. Like please they updated the defense 2 years ago. The game lacks in so many areas not just the defense.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Anyone interested in Destiny, I recommend you watch the Giantbomb unfinished video on it. Really demonstrates what the game is all about with Alpha footage and it looks incredible.

Wato

Juniors
Yea can't wait to dig into destiny this weekend. Did anyone else get an alpha code?

afinalsin666

First Grade
Dragon Age Inquisition best in show for me, though no surprises there. When the Dev said that a straight story run would go 50 hours, and offhandedly mentioned going ninety, I may have Randy Marshed it.

Wato

Juniors
Spent a few hours in the destiny Alpha this arvo and this game delivers on the promise big time. In many ways feels like a halo game except they have evolved the combat in many ways( love that golden gun and throwing in the hunter has) and the engines will punish you big time if underestimate them. The PvP is fun as well and you can customise the majority if your gear including your sparrow and ship. To sum up this game it feels like a mash up of halos combat, mass effect massive universe and the tower works in a similar way to your ship in mass effect and different take on borderlands loot system.

Latest posts