What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eagles Round One!

Stomp

Juniors
How do you think the Eagles will line up in Round one of the NRL next season?

Here's my pickings .. may have missed some players though :-k

1. Brett Stewart
2. Scott Donald
3. Chris Hicks
4. Paul Stephenson
5. John Hopoate
6. Michael Witt (gk)
7. Michael Monaghan (c)
8. Brent Kite
9. Chad Randall
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Kennedy
13. Steve Menzies

Interchange:
14. Kylie Leuluai
15. Sam Harris
16. Luke Williamson
17. Daniel Heckenberg

Coach: Des Hasler

Stomp

Corbin

Juniors
Brett Stewart
2. Scott Donald
3. Chris Hicks
4. Paul Stephenson
5. John Hopoate
6. Michael Witt (gk)
7. Michael Monaghan (c)
8. Daniel Heckenberg
9. Chad Randall
10. Jason King
11. Brent Kite
12. Ben Kennedy
13. Steve Menzies

Interchange:
14. Kylie Leuluai
15. Sam Harris
16. Luke Williamson
17. Anthony Watmough

Langers

Juniors
Watmough was in my opinion our best player this year and ge also won the players' player award...there is buckleys chance of him being dropped. Kite is an average second rower but an above average prop anyway. I think it will look something like this.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Scott Donald
3. Paul Stephenson/Ashley Alberts
4. Chris Hicks
5. John Hopoate
6. Michael Witt (gk)
7. Michael Monaghan (c)
8. Brent Kite
9. Chad Randell
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Kennedy
13. Steve Menzies

14. Daniel Heckenberg
15. Sam Harris
16. Kylie Leuluai/Solomon Haumono
17. Luke Williamson/Shayne Dunley/Glen Stewart

lodown

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
2. Scott Donald
3. Ashley Alberts/Luke Williamson (gk)
4. Paul Stephenson
5. Chris Hicks
6. Michael Witt (gk if willow on bench)
7. Michael Monaghan (c)
8. Brent Kite
9. Chad Randall
10. Daniel Heckenberg
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Kennedy
13. Steve Menzies

Interchange:
14. Kylie Leuluai
15. Sam Harris
16. Luke Williamson/Glenn Stewart
17. Jason King (Better impact off bench than Hecks)

mickyj

Bench
I'd have Williamson starting!

Where? I would like him there also but in what position?

I think start at 6 so we have an extra forward and then move him to back row and bring Witt on.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I can't believe you Manly fans would have Williamson in your top grade... I've watched plenty of Manly over the last few years and I wouldn't swap a bar of soap for that no-hoper!

1. Brett Stewart
2. John Hopoate
3. Chris Hicks
4. Paul Stephenson
5. Scott Donald
6. Michael Witt
7. Michael Monagahan
8. Daniel Heckenburg (he was great this year!)
9. Chad Randall
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough (ditto Hecks)
12. Ben Kennedy
13. Steve Menzies

14. Shayne Dunley
15. Sam Harris
16. Jason King
17. Solomon Haumono (if he's a bit fitter...)

fish

Juniors
I can't believe you Manly fans would have Williamson in your top grade... I've watched plenty of Manly over the last few years and I wouldn't swap a bar of soap for that no-hoper

Your either a liar or have very poor football nous.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hey fish - I'm no liar and I certainly don't have a poor football nous --> if I did then I probably wouldn't have heard of Anthony Watmough (who I rate as a top prospect, plenty of speed for a second rower and is a good athlete!), let alone put Heckenburg in your proposed starting lineup (which wasn't the trend here) - or even REMEMBERED who Solomon Haumono is and the fact that he COULD be a great thing for you guys next year.

I come on here and make a statement about a player that you don't like, and you bag me out about it - the sad thing in all this is that you actually believe that Williamson is a quality player... doesn't it seem odd to you that a fan of a different team doesn't want him in their squad for ANYTHING!! Good luck to you if you keep the walking pancake (a reference to his "flopping on" tackles), the cardboard cutout (a reference to what happens to him in a tackle - he just submits and lies down...) in your first grade squad! I'm just glad it's not MY team!!!

oldmancraigy

Coach
CliffyIsGod said:
Idiot alert.

I'm ASSUMING that this is to refer to me?

Why don't you post your strongest possible Manly lineup for next year and then we can debate who the bigger idiot is.

fish

Juniors
Hey fish - I'm no liar and I certainly don't have a poor football nous --> if I did then I probably wouldn't have heard of Anthony Watmough (who I rate as a top prospect, plenty of speed for a second rower and is a good athlete!), let alone put Heckenburg in your proposed starting lineup (which wasn't the trend here) - or even REMEMBERED who Solomon Haumono is and the fact that he COULD be a great thing for you guys next year.

I come on here and make a statement about a player that you don't like, and you bag me out about it - the sad thing in all this is that you actually believe that Williamson is a quality player... doesn't it seem odd to you that a fan of a different team doesn't want him in their squad for ANYTHING!! Good luck to you if you keep the walking pancake (a reference to his "flopping on" tackles), the cardboard cutout (a reference to what happens to him in a tackle - he just submits and lies down...) in your first grade squad! I'm just glad it's not MY team!!!

Mate your welcome to give your opinion but when you refer to our top defensive player as a no hoper what other conclusion could I draw.Have a look at his stats and they are comparable to any of the other NRL sides devensive work horses.He doesn't get the plaudits of some of the flashier players but is just as if not more important than them,I would have him in our squad anyday.Without our new signins He and Hecks would be first picked in the pack as without Willo we would see more scorelines as we did in 2003 when he was out injured thanks to that germ from Canberra.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
oldmancraigy said:
CliffyIsGod said:
Idiot alert.

I'm ASSUMING that this is to refer to me?

Why don't you post your strongest possible Manly lineup for next year and then we can debate who the bigger idiot is.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Scott Donald
3. Chris Hicks
4. Paul Stephenson
5. John Hopoate
6. Michael Witt
7. Michael Monaghan (c)
8. Brent Kite
9. Chad Randall
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Kennedy
13. Steve Menzies

14. Kylie Leului
15. Daniel Heckenberg
15. Glenn Stewart
16. Luke Williamson.

I would be tempted to get rid of Hoppa, Hick to the wing and Alberts to the centres -- depending on how Alberts goes in the trials.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
2. Scott Donald
3. Ashley Alberts
4. Terry Hill
5. Chris Hicks

6. Michael Monaghan
7. Michael Witt

13. Steve Menzies
12. Ben Kenndey (C)
11. Brent Kite