What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early 2013 team prediction

hitman82

Bench
So, 2012 is farked. May as well get some early predictions in and see if we get near the mark. Pointless exercise, but so is watching the remainder of our games - and I will still do that :lol:

1 Locke
2 Nielsen (teaching Hurrell how to defend)
3 Hurrell
4 Ropati (I expect him to be fit, and we need his experience. Hate if you want - I don't care )
5 Vatuvei / our best young winger / new winger. SRSLY, just sign one damn it!!!
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Package
9 Friend
10 Matulino
11 Mannering
12 Martel
13 Lowrie

14 Tuimavavae (to come on for Leuluai or Friend or Ropati when he breaks - roving playmaker type role - hell, he could even come on in the second row... he's big enough)
15 Rapira
16 Lillyman
17 Vatuvei (our new impact forward) / Lousi / Ikahihifo / Benry

...however, this will change. I am certain we will sign at least 1 more experienced player, and we may well release 1 or 2...

Skinner

Coach
Hitty, on the Ro, I'm sure a lot of his haters would have welcomed him back this year ;-)

Neilsen on the wing...the guy is a sloth.

Lowrie is another Mannering....needs to come off bench and nothing more.

vvvrulz

Coach
I still don't follow why Manu isn't up to it on the wing. He's still doing just fine despite the way his team mates are going. Also not very keen on the Ro.

1. Locke
2. ??? Topou or Fish at this stage
3. Hurrell
4. Neilson
5. Manu

hitman82

Bench
Neilsen on the wing...the guy is a sloth.

Lowrie is another Mannering....needs to come off bench and nothing more.

You must have seen him play on the wing a fair bit - how did he go? Is he genuinely too slow for the position? He doesn't look overly slow in the centres, from the games I have watched.

I'd rather he was in the centres but I want someone defensively strong and experienced beside young Hurrell.

Well another Mannering is probably exactly what we need at lock. We've really missed having a more dominant tackler at 13 who can really slow the play-the-ball down.

hitro

Juniors
Hitty, on the Ro, I'm sure a lot of his haters would have welcomed him back this year ;-)

Yeah just imagine if he was able to play fullback this week or centre
If Manu's on the wing at least they have/had a good combination.
He would have been able to connect with Manu better than Brown did on Saturday

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Lowrie is going to be a Luck clone, therefore when fit he's going to get nigh on 80mins - just as Luck did in his pomp. And I doubt Nielsen has been signed to play wing.

1. Locke
2. Insert new wing here
3. Nielsen
4. Hurrell
5. Vatuvei
6. Leuluai
7. Johnson
8. Packer
9. Friend
10. Matulino
11. Mannering
12. Mateo
13. Lowrie

14. Taylor
15. Lillyman
16. Rapira Sam
17. Ikahihifo

We cannot have four of Lowrie/Mannering/Taylor/Henry. In fact we're hard-pressed having three, but that'll be the case. Ikahihifo has shown me already he's worth persevering with.

I dunno though..I think there's a lot of water to go under the bridge before round one next year. I see a big development, whether it's player or coaching staff, before then. And I don't mean addition.

What I think we may see.....
1 Locke
2 Topou
3 Neilsen
4 Hurrell
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Packer
9 Friend
10 Matulino
11 Mannering
12 Mateo
13 Lowrie

14 Ropati
15 Sam Rapira
16 Lillyman
17 Ben Henry

hitman82

Bench
I dunno though..I think there's a lot of water to go under the bridge before round one next year. I see a big development, whether it's player or coaching staff, before then. And I don't mean addition.

:lol:

haha yeah... I have this feeling we are either going to lose the coach, or a number of players.

tangalife

Juniors
after the cowboys game I want to see more of Steve Rapira. He looked the best ive ever seen him play and we need that mongrel hitman in our game.

vvvrulz

Coach
I have this feeling we are either going to lose the coach, or a number of players.

Is it just me or does Freddie Martel look pretty annoyed about it all these days? If he left that's the end of all the attack we have currently.

blain

Juniors
Locke
Fish
Nielson
Hurrell
Vatuvei
Johnson
Leuluai
Packer
Friend
Matulino
Mateo
Mannering
Lowrie

Ropati
Lillyman
Rapira
Ikahihifo/Henry/Taylor/Rapira

I think Fish is our best potential winger in the squad, has mad skills, just needs to get that mental game and experience on the wing. I hope in the off season thats where he trains and goes through an apprentiship of some sort.

hitman82

Bench
Is it just me or does Freddie Martel look pretty annoyed about it all these days? If he left that's the end of all the attack we have currently.

I've seen him arguing with Friend and Johnson in recent weeks; definitely looks frustrated and dark. Fair enough though - being a high profile player in an under-performing team would be f**king horrible.

hitman82

Bench
Locke
Fish
Nielson
Hurrell
Vatuvei
Johnson
Leuluai
Packer
Friend
Matulino
Mateo
Mannering
Lowrie

Ropati
Lillyman
Rapira
Ikahihifo/Henry/Taylor/Rapira

I think Fish is our best potential winger in the squad, has mad skills, just needs to get that mental game and experience on the wing. I hope in the off season thats where he trains and goes through an apprentiship of some sort.

Good point re; Fish. He knows how to hit a defensive hole, is great under the high ball, and is obviously fairly swift...

Question, what's your use of Ropati? Coming on at hooker? Second row?

SilentOne

Juniors
I still don't follow why Manu isn't up to it on the wing. He's still doing just fine despite the way his team mates are going.

Because he can't defend for shit and unless he's going to improve (highly unlikely) he should move into the forwards.

Billy Slater
Matt Duffie
Dane Nielsen
Justin O’Neill
Anthony Quinn
Gareth Widdop
Cooper Cronk
Jesse Bromwich
Cameron Smith (c)
Bryan Norrie
Sika Manu
Ryan Hoffman