What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie's Gone

Silent Knight

First Grade
Pervy is going to be over the moon regarding this. I was a big fan of Eddy in 2011 thanks to his trademark big hits. But I'm not going to defend him anymore because barring a few recent games he really hasn't delivered all that much under Bennett.

I'm also a firm believer that the club is bigger than any one player and it should be considered a privelige to play for the great Newcastle Knights. The days of paying overs for players should be far behind us. Egos will no longer be tolerated at this club. If a player wants to play bulls*** with contract negotiations, the exit door is that way buddy.

Are we sure his not in the Mundine camp? His ego seems to have spiralled out of control.....

$150k 2 year deal for a player that doesn't ever look like playing rep footy is a very good deal.

broncos2010

Juniors
Typical when one players signs somewhere else that you guys would come out and say oh well he is weak link anyways we dont need him.Had he singed a extension you would have said oh thats great he has great potential. LOL

On that topic I think he was in talks with raiders I read somewhere before ???
Also if worse comes to worse for him I am sure he can secure a nice ESL contract.

Frederick

Staff member
f915c3ee.jpg

Nuffy

Bench
And our idiot of the week goes to ................... Joel Edwards.

Late in the season after a lot have clubs have essentially settled their rosters, he knocks back a reasonable offer to put himself on the market. Good luck with that.

Wow, just wow.

Nuffy

Bench
Typical when one players signs somewhere else that you guys would come out and say oh well he is weak link anyways we dont need him.Had he singed a extension you would have said oh thats great he has great potential. LOL

On that topic I think he was in talks with raiders I read somewhere before ???
Also if worse comes to worse for him I am sure he can secure a nice ESL contract.

Not with this bloke we wouldn't. He was a honest toiler at the best of times, defensively he could put a shot on, wasn't a ball player nor could he run a hole or break the line.

His greatest advantage was that he was a local and that gave him a leg up. He his essentially p*ssed that away.

I won't be surprised if he ends up back in the local comp.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Yes you would.

To be fair Mr Broncos2010 but perhaps you don't know my fellow Knights forumers as well as I do. A fair majority have spent the year criticising Eddy's contribution to the team. And if he was in fact re-signed then I'm pretty sure they'd at best be indifferent to the news and at worst would be paying out on the club administration for extending Joel's contract. There would be no celebration.

It would be no different to you guys releasing Gagai and then offering Copley a 3 year contract extension (as a hypothetical of course).

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
Eddy's tactic would have worked on the old administration, no question of that.

It is most pleasing to see us be firm with a player for once.

Use his money to extend Gagai's contract, it will be the best money we've ever spent.

Jono078

Referee
You gain some you lose some.

Not fussed at all.

He really has played good over the last month though compared to earlier in the year.

Good luck to him.

Pika

Bench
Have you read the criticism Edwards has got this season? He's virtually been NSW Cup standard for 3/4 of the year.

You have NFI...

Are you suggesting a coach the standard of Bennett has selected a poor performing back rower for 3/4 of the season?

Taia
McKinnon
Costigan

The list is long of the players the greatest coach of all time considers not as good as Edwards.

NFI? You may as well be saying that to the Coach, he picked Edwards week in week out.

Method

Juniors
Hasn't done enough to warrant anything more than 150k per season IMO.

Good luck to him hope he finds what his looking for.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Are you suggesting a coach the standard of Bennett has selected a poor performing back rower for 3/4 of the season?

Taia
McKinnon
Costigan

The list is long of the players the greatest coach of all time considers not as good as Edwards.

NFI? You may as well be saying that to the Coach, he picked Edwards week in week out.
Edwards has generally been poor for most of the year and isn't alone, either. I'm not questioning Bennett at all mate.

The NFI was to him (a troll) saying how much potential we'd think he has if he re-signed, which simply isn't true because many have been critical of him this year.

Zoidberg

First Grade
As I've posted in another thread, I think this opens the door to put Gid's in at lock.
Kind of like a Fitler from the days of old, or Anasta.
Would be a good ball playing forward which we don't have, and he's strong enough and fit enough to handle the defense.

Latest posts