What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels and Roosters will lose this week.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
They think they are better than are. The Roosters have got on a little roll but the talent they have in their team isn't that great. They will lose momentum this week and finish the season more like a 9-10th placed team, which is about where they are and belong on the ladder. The Eels just beat a decimated Brisbane two weeks ago, lost to Manly then just beat a depleted dogs side. Why there is this ridiculous level of hype I don't know. But it will fall apart for them this week and then they will win a couple of games going into the finals, get ahead of themselves and get knocked out before the grand final.

The roosters are up against a coach who has retained the services of a spastic who can't catch and who last week made 1 run in 80 minutes for 6 (yes that is six) metres ahead of a bloke who is lightning, runs hard and has 14 tries in 14 games, including a couple of length of the field efforts. Tim Sheens .. the self annointed mythical supercoach who has his side in 8th, in the lowest comp in history and who has qualified for a finals series once since 1996

Shorty

Staff member
I can't see the Eels getting beaten to be honest with you...the Sharks will be deflated and exhausted from Monday's effort and the Eels are coming off a strong Bulldogs win.

I can see the Tigers beating the Roosters though,whether they bring their game to the field is a different story.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Kid Dynamite said:
The Eels just beat a decimated Brisbane two weeks ago, lost to Manly then just beat a depleted dogs side.

They looked better aginst Brisbane than Manly did.
They were very umlucky against the Sea Eagles.
The Dogs played very well but the Eels always had that game under control.

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
If I was a Parra fan I would be wanting them to lose this week and again before the finals. They will finish top 4 anyway. Ego won't help them, but it seems to be developing at the moment. Much better to come in under the radar.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Kid Dynamite said:
If I was a Parra fan I would be wanting them to lose this week and again before the finals. They will finish top 4 anyway. Ego won't help them, but it seems to be developing at the moment. Much better to come in under the radar.

I don't really think we need to lose, Manly and Melbourne need more of a reality check than us IF anyone does need it. We'll have to see.

Hard to call the roosters tigers result, but form and injuries to Tigers key men would suggest a rooster win, just. Im prepared to say the Eels will score 60 against the continual failures.

Tigers will win , but not by much , Fitzy is a big loss for the rooters and Parra will also win , sharks will struggle to score points but will defend Ok parra will get up 1-12.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Kid Dynamite said:
They think they are better than are. The Roosters have got on a little roll but the talent they have in their team isn't that great. They will lose momentum this week and finish the season more like a 9-10th placed team, which is about where they are and belong on the ladder. The Eels just beat a decimated Brisbane two weeks ago, lost to Manly then just beat a depleted dogs side. Why there is this ridiculous level of hype I don't know. But it will fall apart for them this week and then they will win a couple of games going into the finals, get ahead of themselves and get knocked out before the grand final.

Depleted dogs side?? They had about 5 players out and so did we. The only ridiculous level of hype is surrounded around a Bulldogs side that is apparently premiership contenders and have lost twice to the wooden spooners. Overrated.

Losing to Manly this year is not a disgrace this season. We have lost to them by 10 and 8 points so its been pretty close.

We beat Brisbane in Brisbane, enough said.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kid Dynamite said:
If I was a Parra fan I would be wanting them to lose this week and again before the finals. They will finish top 4 anyway. Ego won't help them

Actually mate it will.

With ego comes confidence - Premiership-winning teams have proven it time and again ever since the media declared open-slather on rugby league players.

Parra's problems in the past, especially 2001 and 2005 were that these teams lacked a core of players that really believed in themselves. On both occasions they were expected to do very little at the start of the season, and surprised everybody by taking the Minor Premiership.

In essence, as the season wore on and the bookies and the fans raised their expectations to place Parra as Premiership favourites, the players themselves were satisfied with being Minor Premiers. They just couldn't cope with the expectation placed on them by everybody else.

This year they seem different. Even though early season everyone was going on about all the players we lost and how poor our off-season buying has been and many in the media tipped us to miss the 8, we finally have a few big-heads in the team and they're happy to talk themselves up in the media and put pressure on themselves.

Sure opposition fans might hate it but I think it's a good sign. Self-promotionn has worked for Premiership-winning teams Brisbane, Canterbury and the Roosters in recent years.

So whinge all you want about the players talking themselves up. For the first time since I've been following them (1991) it's the players, not the fans, who have big expectations of the team.

mongoose

Coach
Kid Dynamite said:

The way Gus and Rabs have been carrying on about the Eels in recent weeks you would think they will romp it in this year. This team did concede 4 tries in 13 minutes against the raiders.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
eels_fan_01 said:
Depleted dogs side?? They had about 5 players out and so did we. The only ridiculous level of hype is surrounded around a Bulldogs side that is apparently premiership contenders and have lost twice to the wooden spooners. Overrated.

I think the Dogs are contenders, provided they make the 8 (unlikely) and get everybody back on deck.

Their depth is poor (and what do you expect with big names like Williams, Ryan, Mason, O'Meley, Maitua, El Masri, Tonga and Patten) but with everyone healthy they have a smoking hot side.

Losing to Manly this year is not a disgrace this season. We have lost to them by 10 and 8 points so its been pretty close.

Manly are an unremarkable side yet are very strong across the board, especially defensively. I wouldn't be surprised if they finish the season as Minor Premiers.

We beat Brisbane in Brisbane, enough said.

Brisbane are useless with all their injuries. Shaun Berrigan was the only thing that kept them in the game against us.

Plus we always play well in Brisbane.

The Riddler

Juniors
Kid Dynamite said:
Just out of curiousity,who do you support KD?

eels_fan_01

Bench
mongoose said:
The way Gus and Rabs have been carrying on about the Eels in recent weeks you would think they will romp it in this year. This team did concede 4 tries in 13 minutes against the raiders.

And the Storm lost to the Roosters...Whats your point?