What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels and Roosters will lose this week.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Poupou Escobar said:
I think the Dogs are contenders, provided they make the 8 (unlikely) and get everybody back on deck.

Their depth is poor (and what do you expect with big names like Williams, Ryan, Mason, O'Meley, Maitua, El Masri, Tonga and Patten) but with everyone healthy they have a smoking hot side.

Manly are an unremarkable side yet are very strong across the board, especially defensively. I wouldn't be surprised if they finish the season as Minor Premiers.

Brisbane are useless with all their injuries. Shaun Berrigan was the only thing that kept them in the game against us.

Plus we always play well in Brisbane.

Smoking hot side my a**. People keep saying oh if Dogs had their full side agaisnt the Eels, what about the rest of the season.

Manly have a better attitude than the Bulldogs and are a much better side.

Oh i see so because we play well in Brisbane it doesnt mean anything.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
mongoose said:
The way Gus and Rabs have been carrying on about the Eels in recent weeks you would think they will romp it in this year. This team did concede 4 tries in 13 minutes against the raiders.

Nobody's talking up our defence, just our ability to score points from nothing. You have to admit our strike power out wide is impressive.

As for being 24-0 down after a quarter of an hour, that's the sort of result you just have to wrote off and prepare for the next game.

Our second half capitulations to Souths, Brisbane and Manly after dominant first-half performances are far more worrying than a one-off failure to turn up at all on a freezing night in Canberra.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
eels_fan_01 said:
Smoking hot side my a**.

Mate, most of them have won a Premiership:

Patten, El Masri, Tonga, Utai, Sherwin, O'Meley, Perry, Mason, Ryan, Hughes, Maitua and SBW all played in the 2004 decider.

You'd be an idiot to wrote them off.

People keep saying oh if Dogs had their full side agaisnt the Eels, what about the rest of the season.

They've had major injuries all season and their depth is poor because their salary cap is mostly taken up by about 10 blokes.

Not to say we couldn't beat them but a ful strength Dogs deserve to be favourites over a full strength Eels.

For the moment anyway.

Manly have a better attitude than the Bulldogs and are a much better side.

Not on paper they're not.

But you're right, Manly have a great attitude - they compete for 80 minutes nearly every week and never seem to panic.

But they're light-on for stars and the Bulldogs have a better pack (which is where you have to play Manly - why do you think the Dogs smashed Manly when they played them at Brooky?).

Oh i see so because we play well in Brisbane it doesnt mean anything.

No I was just having a brag. :D

The reason it doesn't mean anything is because Brisbane, who would be Premiership favourites if they were at full strength, had something like 4 international backs out injured.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Poupou Escobar said:
Mate, most of them have won a Premiership:

Patten, El Masri, Tonga, Utai, Sherwin, O'Meley, Perry, Mason, Ryan, Hughes, Maitua and SBW all played in the 2004 decider.

You'd be an idiot to wrote them off.

They've had major injuries all season and their depth is poor because their salary cap is mostly taken up by about 10 blokes.

Not to say we couldn't beat them but a ful strength Dogs deserve to be favourites over a full strength Eels.

For the moment anyway.

Not on paper they're not.

But you're right, Manly have a great attitude - they compete for 80 minutes nearly every week and never seem to panic.

But they're light-on for stars and the Bulldogs have a better pack (which is where you have to play Manly - why do you think the Dogs smashed Manly when they played them at Brooky?).

No I was just having a brag. :D

The reason it doesn't mean anything is because Brisbane, who would be Premiership favourites if they were at full strength, had something like 4 international backs out injured.

So they are good players because they won a grand final 3 years ago, oh now i see how that relates to their form this year.

no name

Coach
Poupou Escobar said:
Actually mate it will.

Parra's problems in the past, especially 2001 and 2005 were that these teams lacked a core of players that really believed in themselves. On both occasions they were expected to do very little at the start of the season, and surprised everybody by taking the Minor Premiership.

Parra made the Preliminary Final in 98, 99 and 2000 and yet were expected to do very little at the start of the 2001 season? I think not.

legend

Coach
I'm tipping an Eels v Manly GF.

I think the Eels can go all the way as they have a relaxed coach who has been labelled a dud by the media, whereas I think he may just be one of the shrewdest coaches in the NRL.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
eels_fan_01 said:
So they are good players because they won a grand final 3 years ago

How could they win a Premiership if they weren't good players?

Sure the 2004 Bulldogs are missing some key players - Price (who didn't play), Harris, Anasta, Grimaldi, Asotasi and Thurston (who wasn't the player he is now).

And sure some of their current players aren't as good as they were 3 years ago - Utai, Sherwin, Perry, O'Meley, but a few of them have improved - Mason, Maitua and SBW spring to mind.

I'm not saying they should be favourites - they are a much weaker side now than they were in 2004 - but they're still a definite chance if they make the 8.

oh now i see how that relates to their form this year.

I just told you their poor form this year is due to injuries you f**king moron.

no name said:
Parra made the Preliminary Final in 98, 99 and 2000 and yet were expected to do very little at the start of the 2001 season?

They sure were.

We'd just lost Jim Dymock and Jason Smith, and Dean Pay and Clinton Schifcofske were missing from the '98 and '99 teams (who were genuine contenders).

The 2000 team managed to scrape into the semis before arsing their way to the preliminary final against better sides.

The off-season purchases of Jason Taylor and Brad Drew were roundly criticised as poor buys and no-one had heard of Jamie Lyon or PJ Marsh.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Poupou Escobar said:
How could they win a Premiership if they weren't good players?

Sure the 2004 Bulldogs are missing some key players - Price (who didn't play), Harris, Anasta, Grimaldi, Asotasi and Thurston (who wasn't the player he is now).

And sure some of their current players aren't as good as they were 3 years ago - Utai, Sherwin, Perry, O'Meley, but a few of them have improved - Mason, Maitua and SBW spring to mind.

I'm not saying they should be favourites - they are a much weaker side now than they were in 2004 - but they're still a definite chance if they make the 8.

I just told you their poor form this year is due to injuries you f**king moron.

They sure were.

We'd just lost Jim Dymock and Jason Smith, and Dean Pay and Clinton Schifcofske were missing from the '98 and '99 teams (who were genuine contenders).

The 2000 team managed to scrape into the semis before arsing their way to the preliminary final against better sides.

The off-season purchases of Jason Taylor and Brad Drew were roundly criticised as poor buys and no-one had heard of Jamie Lyon or PJ Marsh.

How does winning a grand final in 2004 relate to this years form, ill tell ya, it doesnt matter. We are looking at the Bulldogs 2007 team not 2004 team. They have had as many injuries as Parramatta, their sh*t.

goboggo

Juniors
Poupou Escobar said:

Hmmm I agree with all excpet this. The 2000 Eels did scrape in but by the time they made the Prelim they were playing as well as anyone.

Tallis himself says that the 2000 Prelim was the toughest club game he can remember and that that game was more deserving of the GF than the GF itself.

petetheileet

First Grade
The dogs havnt played a good match in 5 weeks!!!

Parra are getting a little ahead of themselves i think but il tip em this week

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Kid Dynamite said:
They think they are better than are. The Roosters have got on a little roll but the talent they have in their team isn't that great. They will lose momentum this week and finish the season more like a 9-10th placed team, which is about where they are and belong on the ladder. The Eels just beat a decimated Brisbane two weeks ago, lost to Manly then just beat a depleted dogs side. Why there is this ridiculous level of hype I don't know. But it will fall apart for them this week and then they will win a couple of games going into the finals, get ahead of themselves and get knocked out before the grand final.

Parra werent exactly at full strength either you know.......

The Manly game they put the best defense to the test with a number of line breaks, trys and near misses.

The Brisbane game? they just nodded off in the second half, which they have no addressed that second half problem.

Spike

First Grade
Kid Dynamite said:
They think they are better than are. The Roosters have got on a little roll but the talent they have in their team isn't that great. They will lose momentum this week and finish the season more like a 9-10th placed team, which is about where they are and belong on the ladder.

moron.....:roll:

In-goal

Bench
C'mon You c**ks!!!!!

Well, Freddie should be given the Leagues club little own the Keys to Westfield Bondi Junction.

2007 the Chooks are coming

Monk

Referee
Roosters WILL WIN this week... doy they allready have...
Kid Dynamite... dont post things you cant take care of...

Inferno

Coach
Shorty said:
I can't see the Eels getting beaten to be honest with you...the Sharks will be deflated and exhausted from Monday's effort and the Eels are coming off a strong Bulldogs win.

I can see the Tigers beating the Roosters though,whether they bring their game to the field is a different story.
I see it the same way actually. It will be interesting to see how much that game took out of us.