What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels and Roosters will lose this week.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Now all Parra need to do is hold up there end of the bargin and Kid Dynamite will [hopefully] die of embarassment

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well Parra will be without

Luke Burt (Knee) and Nathan Hindmarsh (Toe)

those two players are about as good as The Sharks entire injured list

also the Sharks chances of winning improved 10 fold when Dykes was ruled out

do you part parra. the rest of us have. 4 more games for that illustrious 11 game losing streak. i'll certainly be chanting PARRA :clap: :clap: PARRA :clap: :clap:

Hurriflatch

Referee
How funny would it be if for 2 straight years the Sharks end the season on a long losing streak

I think it was 9 games last year
will be 11 games this year if it happens

Kid Dynamite

Juniors
Hi losers. Unfortunately last night the Tigers were unlucky to go down in Golden Point. My point about Parra was spot on of course though. They'll win next week and the week after probably. The hype will build again then they will lose in the finals. What happened to that wonderful backline tonight?

danno

Juniors
Kid Dynamite said:
Hi losers. Unfortunately last night the Tigers were unlucky to go down in Golden Point. My point about Parra was spot on of course though. They'll win next week and the week after probably. The hype will build again then they will lose in the finals. What happened to that wonderful backline tonight?

Tigers were extremely lucky to get it to Golden Point (of course).

roboshark

Coach
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
do you part parra. the rest of us have. 4 more games for that illustrious 11 game losing streak. i'll certainly be chanting PARRA :clap: :clap: PARRA :clap: :clap:

wanker

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kid Dynamite said:
Hi losers. Unfortunately last night the Tigers were unlucky to go down in Golden Point. My point about Parra was spot on of course though. They'll win next week and the week after probably. The hype will build again then they will lose in the finals.

I agree Parra were never going to turn up tonight, given the big game last week and the big game next week and the fact that win, lose or draw they were always going to remain in 3rd spot at the end of this round.

We'll probably win next week and the week after - they'll be big games unlike tonight but you're wrong about the finals.

We won't be playing sh*t teams like the Sharks in the finals so we'll be switched on unlike tonight.

What happened to that wonderful backline tonight?

Were you watching?

Despite Parra never getting out of second gear and the Sharks defence being absolutely brilliant (better than Manly's when we played them and Manly's defence was awesome 2 weeks ago) Grothe and Tahu were both awesome.

After your hooker, Timana was the best player on the park. Grothe made loads of metres and scored a try, Hayne and Finch played well and Timmy Smith's kicking game was excellent as usual. Inu was quiet but after last week's blinder what do you expect from a rookie?

As for Ben Smith - he absolutely destroyed Greg Bird. Sticky had to swap Gallen over to give Bird a break from all the punishment and Big Ben smashed him too.

Don't come on here gobbing off about our backs. Sharks were loads better than Parra and we still scored the same number of tries as you did.

roboshark

Coach
Poupou Escobar said:
I agree Parra were never going to turn up tonight, given the big game last week and the big game next week and the fact that win, lose or draw they were always going to remain in 3rd spot at the end of this round.

We'll probably win next week and the week after - they'll be big games unlike tonight but you're wrong about the finals.

We won't be playing sh*t teams like the Sharks in the finals so we'll be switched on unlike tonight.

Were you watching?

Despite Parra never getting out of second gear and the Sharks defence being absolutely brilliant (better than Manly's when we played them and Manly's defence was awesome 2 weeks ago) Grothe and Tahu were both awesome.

After your hooker, Timana was the best player on the park. Grothe made loads of metres and scored a try, Hayne and Finch played well and Timmy Smith's kicking game was excellent as usual. Inu was quiet but after last week's blinder what do you expect from a rookie?

As for Ben Smith - he absolutely destroyed Greg Bird. Sticky had to swap Gallen over to give Bird a break from all the punishment and Big Ben smashed him too.

Don't come on here gobbing off about our backs. Sharks were loads better than Parra and we still scored the same number of tries as you did.

its a shame you couldnt take the loss better....most of the other eels supporters have been good about it...but i suppose there is 1 dill in every crowd

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
roboshark said:
its a shame you couldnt take the loss better....most of the other eels supporters have been good about it...but i suppose there is 1 dill in every crowd

Go look on your own forum - I gave the Sharks full credit.

I took the loss just fine until I read about some w**ker whose team's not even going to be in the semis come here and comment on our finals prospects.

spider

Coach
Poupou Escobar said:
since your throwing excuses around willy nilly, what about the monday-itis the sharks were going to suffer from - lol

you just got done by the team coming second last and your talking of beating teams in the finals - again, lol

We won't be playing sh*t teams like the Sharks in the finals
that would only be a positive for you guys seeing you cant beat sh*t teams like the sharks

not awsome enough

more excuses of course
gallen made over 200m tonight - it was a great move by the coach

big ben really smashed him - lol again

of course we were better - we won

Tekken Lord

Juniors
We have the talent but the team is mentally weak, they will get lapped.

Of course i'm happy to eat my words.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
spider said:
since your throwing excuses around willy nilly, what about the monday-itis the sharks were going to suffer from - lol

That's probably why you only won by 1 point - LOL!!!! :roll:

you just got done by the team coming second last and your talking of beating teams in the finals - again, lol

Yeh. Considering we lost tonight because of a lack of enthusiasm you could hardly equate tonight's game with a finals match. Your team played well but get your hand off it lol

that would only be a positive for you guys seeing you cant beat sh*t teams like the sharks

My point exactly.

We beat the Dogs, Broncos, Warriors and Cowboys, yet lost to the Knights, Raiders, Titans and Sharks.

See a pattern emerging Einstein?

I had a bad feeling about this game and it wasn't because your team are Premiership favourites.

not awsome enough

I'd say they were.

Grothe and Tahu couldn't have done much more to help the Eels win. Are you that stupid you believe a bloke didn't play well just because his team lost?

We beat the Broncos a couple of weeks ago and I reckon Shaun Berrigan should've got man-of-the-match. His team lost but he did everything he could to keep them in it.

more excuses of course

What?

gallen made over 200m tonight - it was a great move by the coach

big ben really smashed him - lol again

Gallen had a blinder. I never denied that. He was a real handful, especially running at Brett Finch on our right side. Little Brett struggled to contain him.

But the times Gallen ran at Ben Smith... f**king POW. If you're so into stats why don't you have a look at how many errors Gallen made. 5 is a fair sign he got knocked around a bit.

I reckon Gallen was thrown for about half of his 200 metres. :lol:

of course we were better - we won

What's the point of this comment?

Are you just being a tosser? Fair enough.

CharlieF

Juniors
Parra lost to Manly, twice, and the Storm. They cannot compete with the top teams. They may lift for them, but that does not mean they are better than them.

Whats worse is that Parra blow their own trumpet and fail to back it up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
CharlieF said:
Parra lost to Manly, twice, and the Storm.

They may lift for them, but that does not mean they are better than them.

:roll: We haven't played the Storm this year.

Last time we played the Storm was first week of the semis last year. We lost 12-6 which is a considerably better effort than Manly's failure to turn up the year before in the same game (1 vs 8) against us.

They cannot compete with the top teams.

Mate, you oughtta think before you post.

1. Melbourne - haven't met this year

2. Manly - lost by 10 points and lost by 8 points

4. Warriors - lost by 16 and won by 24

5. Cowboys - won by 30

6. Broncos - won by 4

7. Bulldogs - lost by 3 and won by 12

8. Tigers - won by 2 and won by 30

So we've played against teams that are currently in the top 8 on 10 occasions this year for 6 wins and 4 losses. The biggest loss was by 16 points against the Warriors in New Zealand in round 1, and our biggest win was by 30, over the Cowboys at Parra in round 10, and the Tigers away in round 12.

And nobody claimed we're "better than" the top teams. I merely pointed out that we can compete with them.

Manly's only beaten us by a combined score of 18 points in 2 games. That's hardly 'unable to compete'.

Whats worse is that Parra blow their own trumpet and fail to back it up.

Mate, before you go calling Manly a 'top team' maybe you should win a finals match.

Of all the teams in the top 8, Manly is the only one who hasn't won a finals match in the past 5 years.

spider

Coach
Poupou Escobar said:
Yeh. Considering we lost tonight because of a lack of enthusiasm you could hardly equate tonight's game with a finals match. Your team played well but get your hand off it lol
get my hand off it - i stated a fact that we were second last

My point exactly.

We beat the Dogs, Broncos, Warriors and Cowboys, yet lost to the Knights, Raiders, Titans and Sharks.

See a pattern emerging Einstein?
yes - you get upset easily

Are you that stupid you believe a bloke didn't play well just because his team lost?
are you that stupid to insinuate something i never said?

We beat the Broncos a couple of weeks ago and I reckon Shaun Berrigan should've got man-of-the-match. His team lost but he did everything he could to keep them in it.
bully for shaun

Gallen had a blinder. I never denied that. He was a real handful

oh...

I reckon Gallen was thrown for about half of his 200 metres

What's the point of this comment?

Are you just being a tosser? Fair enough.
lol

parramaniac2516

Juniors
What annoys me is that games like Newcastle and Cronulla are games we should of won and will probaly hurt our top 4 chances. Congrats to the Sharks though.