What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach (Part Deux)

Chipmunk

Coach
I actually think he will add a lot to our attack, much like I thought Brown would.

Then again, I thought Vave would add a lot too.

Brown was easily Souths best middle forward in attack in 2016 though. I doubt many would say the same about Evans at the Roosters this season or last.

He should get a run in our Top 17 middle, but he doesn't necessarily have that much to beat.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Brown was easily Souths best middle forward in attack in 2016 though.
:gapinganus:

Sam-Burgess-MAIN.jpg

I doubt many would say the same about Evans at the Roosters this season or last.

He should get a run in our Top 17 middle, but he doesn't necessarily have that much to beat.
He will be in our top 17 every week. And his tackle breaks per run are the second highest of any Roosters middle forward, only bettered by Liu. Last year it was the same.

This is a bloke who is automatic top 17 in the best pack in the NRL.

Chipmunk

Coach
:gapinganus:

Sam-Burgess-MAIN.jpg

He will be in our top 17 every week. And his tackle breaks per run are the second highest of any Roosters middle forward, only bettered by Liu. Last year it was the same.

This is a bloke who is automatic top 17 in the best pack in the NRL.

I don't believe that Sam Burgess was that great in 2016 after he had his neck injury and it took him more than half a season to get over that. Hence why I said Brown was their best middle forward last season.

JWH/Napa/Liu/Taukeiaho/Tetevano all get considerable more minutes than Evans... It's good to get great stats when you're only required for around 20 minutes per week.

I agree he should be in our Top 17 though

Bazal

Post Whore
JWH/Napa/Liu/Taukeiaho/Tetevano all get considerable more minutes than Evans... It's good to get great stats when you're only required for around 20 minutes per week.

Honestly you are the most unimaginative poster I've ever encountered. FFS it's not black or white.

Cowboys won with injuries so injuries mustn't matter

Evans only plays 20 mins so he mustn't be very good.

It's not always one or the other. The Roosters have Napa, Liu, SST and JWH who can all play big minutes (all average from 45-55 mins a game give or take)...which of those would you suggest Evans takes metres off? He doesn't NEED to play big minutes for the Roosters, they have other players doing his job....it's not about them DESERVING more minutes than him, it's about what Trent Robinson wants from his rotation and the importance he places on each players' individual specialities in that rotation.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't believe that Sam Burgess was that great in 2016 after he had his neck injury and it took him more than half a season to get over that. Hence why I said Brown was their best middle forward last season.
The stats show Sam and Tom Burgess were better in every attacking category than Brown last year. George Burgess also made more metres per run.
I'm pretty sure he'll have even better stats playing 40+ minutes for us next year. I'm tipping they'll be about twice as good.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I predict if Evans remains fit, he will be as big of an influence on our sides performance as brown has been this year.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well I hope Evans is all the player we need him to be and more. The coaching staff seems to be banking on it. I'd suggest we're going to keep $600k plus of the $1m we have available in the salary cap for Semi, so we shall see.''

I've said from Day 1 Evans has got the signing of Darcy Lussick written all over him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well I hope Evans is all the player we need him to be and more. The coaching staff seems to be banking on it. I'd suggest we're going to keep $600k plus of the $1m we have available in the salary cap for Semi, so we shall see.''

I've said from Day 1 Evans has got the signing of Darcy Lussick written all over him.

Tbh, I think Lussick would be brilliant under Arthur's coaching.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know; what I'm saying is that, had he persevered with him, I'm sure he would have become the type of player we need.

Obviously, Arthur disagrees.

Buy Lussick has all the tools there - and he had a pretty damn good 2017 imo.

Chipmunk

Coach
As I've said, I don't see a lot of difference between Lussick and Evans, in fact I think Lussick would be an awesome 25 min per game No 6 middle forward, just as Evans is.