What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Attack Analysis

Avenger

Immortal
Tim Smith
Correct.

2005: Tim Smith achieved 40 try assists in his debut season.​

renderTimingPixel.png

Cronk got closest in 2008 with 37, and Marshall had 35 in 2012.
He left the club mid 2008. Mortimer and Robson 2009-2011 seasons in a combined 109 games only had 35 try assists between them.

The greatest rookie season in NRL history.

Correct.

renderTimingPixel.png

He left the club mid 2008. Mortimer and Robson 2009-2011 seasons in a combined 109 games only had 35 try assists between them.

Someone here posted that recently I think. Good times.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Correct.

renderTimingPixel.png

Phenomenal short kicking game. It was like passing the ball with his foot.

Chipmunk

Coach
I believe Tommy Turbo has a combined 42 tries/try assists from 11 NRL games this season.

Edit- Found the Stats, actually 11 games - 18 Tries, 18 Try Assists, 18 Line Breaks, 25 Line Breaks Assists

Last edited:

forward pass

Coach
Correct.

renderTimingPixel.png

Dylan Brown only needs 40 to match this record.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Poor Brad, he even has to coach the fundamentals ☹️ It’s just not fair.
It isn’t a fair fight if the better teams are just worrying about the cherry on top of the pudding and we are still making our pudding. Not only that but we don’t have cake mix and have to resort to whisking up plop, flour and eggs.

You get what I am saying, Ploppy pudding boy?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It isn’t a fair fight if the better teams are just worrying about the cherry on top of the pudding and we are still making our pudding. Not only that but we don’t have cake mix and have to resort to whisking up plop, flour and eggs.

You get what I am saying, Ploppy pudding boy?
You listen to a bloke like Bennett and all he coaches are the fundamentals every off season, we look like we aren’t coach anything besides effort and running at the opposition as hard as we can.

Simple is as simple does I suppose.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You listen to a bloke like Bennett and all he coaches are the fundamentals every off season, we look like we aren’t coach anything besides effort and running at the opposition as hard as we can.

Simple is as simple does I suppose.
Yep. All Bennett does is tell them to catch and pass. One of your best.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep. All Bennett does is tell them to catch and pass. One of your best.
No Gruntful, they practice the ball through the hands all off season so it’s like second nature. It might sound simple but it seems to work for him. How good is south’s attack it looks like second nature to them. Have a look at ours?? I suppose it’s too much to expect on an 8 year coach.

One of your best excuses.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No Gruntful, they practice the ball through the hands all off season so it’s like second nature. It might sound simple but it seems to work for him. How good is south’s attack it looks like second nature to them. Have a look at ours?? I suppose it’s too much to expect on an 8 year coach.

One of your best excuses.
It’s not an excuse, it’s a comment on how ridiculous an assertion you are making. South’s attack is solid for reasons beyond Bennett teaching them the fundamentals.

Stop talking out of your Russell Coight.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It’s not an excuse, it’s a comment on how ridiculous an assertion you are making. South’s attack is solid for reasons beyond Bennett teaching them the fundamentals.

Stop talking out of your Russell Coight.
You keep making excuses for our inept coach and his staff while I’ll be keeping it real like I normally do.

Hineyrulz the voice of reason LU really needs, we already have Pou so not sure why you are bothering. No one can compare with the master.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If Bennett teaching fundamentals is the secret you have to wonder why they bought all these dangerous attacking players.