What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels greats stage coup talks - Sun-Herald

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
No I didn't. I campaigned for change. Thankfully, we got it.
I'll do it again too, if I'm not happy with this administration. No qualms about that. Unlike some though presently, I don't happen to think the sky is falling in..............yet.

Suity

not quite at the 'sky is falling' stage yet, but i still feel a bit.... used?

Utey

Coach
No I didn't. I campaigned for change. Thankfully, we got it.
I'll do it again too, if I'm not happy with this administration. No qualms about that. Unlike some though presently, I don't happen to think the sky is falling in..............yet.

Suity

Great post suitman, not too proud to say I voted for 3P but aren't happy with the way it's panned out and would vote elsewhere if there were other options. I think the lack of options made Fitzy an easy beat last election.

Personally, I think we need to ride this out, every new regime has it's own teething problems, and this is no different. Let them run the club the way they think it should be run and if in 2-3 years we're in the same position on and off the field then another change won't be difficult to incur.

It's a football club, there shouldn't be half the politics that there currently is and that comes down to the guys who are on the board unfortunately. They are snug, but they are very collected about their goals and I have no doubt that they've done plenty of good since being elected. Siphon the rat out and we'll come good.

Suitman

Post Whore

And as I have always believed Jess, there is always the next election to voice our dismay if things don't work out. I have no doubt an alternative ticket will arise.
We will then be in the same boat as we were 18 months ago.
There's nothing like democracy, is there?

Suity

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
The "other site" has a post which says that we are looking at land near Westfields so that we can re-locate the club.

<ducks and asks that you don't shoot the messenger>

The "other site" has a post which says that we are looking at land near Westfields so that we can re-locate the club.

<ducks and asks that you don't shoot the messenger>

I know where I would like us to expand to, and I said it last election, the Brand Smart Building and Car park would be perfect.

Right on the Church Street Strip, Ask One World to come in an make the Sports Bar, get a few of the Restaurants involved as well as our Friends at Tinga and maybe even La Piazza on the lower or ground floor. Make the Upstairs retail area the Pokie Lounge with the separate One World, and all of a sudden you have a mega club which right in the Heart of the City.

Then you go one better, you move 80% of the pokies our the the Current LC on the Ground floor, have a Sports lounge with Balcony and a Cumberland lounge just as you walk in the Door near the Stair way to the other side of the floor. Have the Middle pillar as a separator. Turn Level 3 into a Gym (Complete with Pool) for the Players and the Public to use.

Solves so many problems. I just don't know if we have the Cash savings to do it.

Suitman

Post Whore
I know where I would like us to expand to, and I said it last election, the Brand Smart Building and Car park would be perfect.

Right on the Church Street Strip, Ask One World to come in an make the Sports Bar, get a few of the Restaurants involved as well as our Friends at Tinga and maybe even La Piazza on the lower or ground floor. Make the Upstairs retail area the Pokie Lounge with the separate One World, and all of a sudden you have a mega club which right in the Heart of the City.

Then you go one better, you move 80% of the pokies our the the Current LC on the Ground floor, have a Sports lounge with Balcony and a Cumberland lounge just as you walk in the Door near the Stair way to the other side of the floor. Have the Middle pillar as a separator. Turn Level 3 into a Gym (Complete with Pool) for the Players and the Public to use.

Solves so many problems. I just don't know if we have the Cash savings to do it.

FMD! Are you an architect now?
I wonder if they are looking for a builder? :lol:

Suity

FMD! Are you an architect now?
I wonder if they are looking for a builder? :lol:

Suity

No but I walk around the Brand Smart building every day, and before it closed my Newsagent was in the Building so I had a good walk around one day. Trust me not much renovation needed on the Ground Floor for the Restaurants, it is just the Sports bar / Pokie room you would need to work on on Level 1 converting the Old Retail areas.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eels-greats-stage-coup-talks-20100821-139v6.html

:clap:

Forget Fitzy v Ossie, or Fitzy v 3P etc etc. To be honest, THIS is what I was waiting for given the current lots' failure to stop the leaks and give our team a stable back office...

Not just 3 playing legends fronting a whole lot of property developers and the like. Not just change for change's sake, or to get rid of Fitzy. But 10 playing legends - standing up because they (like me) are concerned about the direction of our management.

I'd be very interested in not only voting for an alternate ticket with the above-mentioned priorities and issues, but in actively helping a ticket like this to get elected (handing out etc). After meeting some of the puppeteers behind 3P on the balcony, I could never really trust them enough to want to help them out.

I was hoping that the members would have an alternative this time, that's not the current mob, and wasn't just Fitzy or the old mob. And it looks like we will have an alternative that might be able to steer our club more sensibly. :thumn.

OK Bart name the 10 legends running, and what experience do they have in running a club..... remember mate that is the question you slammed me on a few years ago.

WOULD THIS BE THE TEAM... THE ONE DENIS IS COURTING......YES IT IS !!

Is'nt it amazing who I ran into at the football on Sunday, some old legends I have not seen for a long time. What they asked me was fairly unflattering towards the new board, but when I informed them of actual facts to their questions, confusion reigned.

Even frontrowers recognise bullsh*t when fact is put in front of them, and Denis will struggle to put a team together in the coming months.

Bart if other legends want to stand for election, they should do so because they can make a positive difference for our club, not stand on ticket run off the back of a personal vendetta.

What you have written above is rubbish Bart, the leaks making this board look foolish do not come from any 3P member...have a think about it mate, your a bit smarter than that.

Gronk

Staff member
OK Bart name the 10 legends running, and what experience do they have in running a club..... remember mate that is the question you slammed me on a few years ago.

WOULD THIS BE THE TEAM... THE ONE DENIS IS COURTING......YES IT IS !!

Is'nt it amazing who I ran into at the football on Sunday, some old legends I have not seen for a long time. What they asked me was fairly unflattering towards the new board, but when I informed them of actual facts to their questions, confusion reigned.

Even frontrowers recognise bullsh*t when fact is put in front of them, and Denis will struggle to put a team together in the coming months.

Bart if other legends want to stand for election, they should do so because they can make a positive difference for our club, not stand on ticket run off the back of a personal vendetta.

What you have written above is rubbish Bart, the leaks making this board look foolish do not come from any 3P member...have a think about it mate, your a bit smarter than that.

7's what is the Board doing to weed out the leaker ? Never mind the Board looking foolish, the whole club are looking foolish. It has to stop today. Forget the blame game stop the problem.

Sangreal 86

Juniors

I feel disappointed you feel that way Jess. You were never used or was anyone else, and all of the people involved in our meetings had my number at least, to ring and put your concerns.

If 3P are guilty of letting supporters down in any area, it would be getting caught up in the excitement that change could actually now be made for the future of the club, and did not anticipate some of brick walls, hurdles or time frame in certain areas.

As I said on another thread, in time you all will be rapt with the with the improvements in our club, but never think we are not frustrated by the time frame it is taking, we all love this joint as much as all of you.

A lot of you on here voted 3P for change, for christ's sake don't start listening to the people you voted out 14 months ago because everything we said is not done at once. Mate the board has to be fiscally responsible, and there was a bit of spilt milk.

You all have my number if you have a problem, you can always front the board members when you see them, but if not ring me, as I can whinge as good as anyone on your behalf.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
7's what is the Board doing to weed out the leaker ? Never mind the Board looking foolish, the whole club are looking foolish. It has to stop today. Forget the blame game stop the problem.

No blame game Gronk, the responsibility lays firmly at the feet of this board and management for not addressing a known situation months ago. Mate I apologise to every member of this club for the embarrassment caused, and don't worry the problem has and is being addressed.......but apparently my suggestion was not acceptable.

Suitman

Post Whore
You all have my number if you have a problem, you can always front the board members when you see them, but if not ring me, as I can whinge as good as anyone on your behalf.

Well Terry, start whinging about the negative publicity we all see daily in the press.
Barely a day goes by without one negative story or another in the Telegraph, and 3P's old mate Josh is usually on the end of them, and if he isn't, it's wanker Rothfield.
If it's not a negative story from Massoud, it's a leak about a player we are interested in, or some of the going's on behind the scene's.
We, as a club, have to cut this crap and prevent us from daily, being seen in a negative light.
You've already touched on Hadley, and we know where his allegiences lie, so there's not much we can do about that I suppose.
We all know Massoud and the Tele were in 3P's back pocket during the election. What has changed since then, Terry?

Suity

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
I gotta say that I find it hard to believe the spin that the leaks published by Josh & Co are coming from outside the nucleus of 3P.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
What a joke this board is... these clowns had their chance and have muffed it badly.

Reminds me of the ALP really... all rosey to begin with and then the true colours shine through and the people finally wake up and see how things really are.

Good riddance.

Mate please be a bit more diligent with the details of what "these clowns have muffed".
If you have just woken up to see how things really are, you have obviously been asleep for the last 30 years.

Mate take your time on the answer as I have to sign out in a minute, and I will check in the morning. Take your time, ring around for some in depth muck, I am sure you would have all the right mobile numbers to get a scoop.

Freak2

Juniors
I think it is absolutely fanastic that Denis is loading up for yet another tilt at the board.

If nothing else it will keep the current board on it's toes for the next 6 months.

You would have to think too that if Denis's ticket was to get up it would be solely on the basis of the leaks to the telcrap since the inception of the 3P team have antaganised too many people that voted them in at the last election.

I don't think DF's alledged ticket can bring anything new or better to the table but it can certainly make the current board aim up and start acting more professionably and get on top of the vulcher feeding!

Sangreal 86

Juniors
I gotta say that I find it hard to believe the spin that the leaks published by Josh & Co are coming from outside the nucleus of 3P.

You can find anything you want hard Gronk, as I am sick of this sh*t, and I am sick of having to have this conversation because of one dope.

Perhaps we would have a perfect world if members voted for sweeping change, instead of partial, but we have a situation of individuals with a foot in each camp, and selfishly believe they can better their cause by the actions they have taken.

I have no official standing Gronk, but do you think I got my head kicked in during the elections, to stand by and have the club embarrassed the way it has of late. If this board cannot stem the flow of rubbish, they should go, but I believe they should out the individual if it does not cause the club damage.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Win a premiership and all will be forgiven... in 2011... :?

it was one of their promises http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=5298970&postcount=15

1) What Are We Doing About Keeping Our Current Crop Of Players?
2) Who Are We Looking At Buying In The Player Market?
3) What Funding Is Being Allocated To Junior Rugby League?
4) What Are We Doing To Bring Increased Revenue Into The Club?
we Will Cultivate And Develop Our Junior Talent Pool.
we Will Be Transparent And Accountable.
we Will Fill Parramatta Stadium Again.
we Will Win Another Grand Final
with Your Vote.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
I think it is absolutely fanastic that Denis is loading up for yet another tilt at the board.

If nothing else it will keep the current board on it's toes for the next 6 months.

You would have to think too that if Denis's ticket was to get up it would be solely on the basis of the leaks to the telcrap since the inception of the 3P team have antaganised too many people that voted them in at the last election.

I don't think DF's alledged ticket can bring anything new or better to the table but it can certainly make the current board aim up and start acting more professionably and get on top of the vulcher feeding!

I respect that you have the right to your point of view, but Denis is gone, Denis is never coming back, but yes the professionalism you mention must be taken on the chin by this board.

Leaks to the Telecrap, as you graciously refer. has been addressed, far too late, but all the same, addressed.

Thankyou for your kind support, Freak 2.....you are not related to Freak 1, are you?