What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Brown would be mad to accept that deal
from the Warriors. Locked into a contract until 2025 which starts at $300k and peaks at $650k is ludicrous for a half that will be 24 years old and a salary cap that no doubt will continue to increase.

Na if he was my son, I would say take it. Gives him 5 years to learn the trade without the pressure of a short term contract and on decent money. Still plenty of time for a big contract.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Na if he was my son, I would say take it. Gives him 5 years to learn the trade without the pressure of a short term contract and on decent money. Still plenty of time for a big contract.
I reckon if he’s solid enough this year he stands to earn more from us than that Warriors offer from 2020-2023 (doubt we’d extend until 2025).

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wa...d-to-lure-eels-young-gun-20190217-p50yc2.html

If the nrl was serious Warriors should get some serious fines over this!,,
2bed24012a73144510dad967512c92fc

Incorrect

Coach
I love the quote from the Warriors spokesman in that article.... When made aware that they had breached NRL anti tampering rules, he basically just said "yeah well sorry, we thought he was off contract at the end of 2019 so we were entitled to approach him and that's what we did"....

WTF. Be like turning up in court on a drink driving charge and saying, "well I thought the legal limit was .150 so I'm entitled to drive home after sinking those 5 schooners in an hour after work. What's the problem?"

FMD.

November hey!!? I knew in October before Johnson left they were making a big play for him.
I think its the reason Johnson left. Didn't feel loved anymore
Dylan is the only character involved who is not dodgy

I love the quote from the Warriors spokesman in that article.... When made aware that they had breached NRL anti tampering rules, he basically just said "yeah well sorry, we thought he was off contract at the end of 2019 so we were entitled to approach him and that's what we did"....

WTF. Be like turning up in court on a drink driving charge and saying, "well I thought the legal limit was .150 so I'm entitled to drive home after sinking those 5 schooners in an hour after work. What's the problem?"

FMD.

so they are signing a player to a contract worth hundreds of thousand of dollars and don't bother to check when they are off contract?

he's either full of shit or incompetent either way he should be sacked

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
outline.com/https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/dabaef3152ed0691686cf8a704acfe3e

NRL investigates alleged ‘poaching’ of star Eels rookie Dylan Brown
The NRL received a complaint from the Eels when it was discovered Warriors recruitment boss Peter O’Sullivan had met with Brown and his manager Gavin Orr.

2e7241bd9fefb4ec62ce3c24cbbc9c2b

Dylan Brown was the subject of an approach by the Warriors while still contracted by the Eels. Picture: Gregg Porteous
The 18-year-old former Australian Schoolboy had been earmarked as Shaun Johnson’s long-term successor at the Warriors.

HOW WE BROKE THE STORY ALMOST THREE MONTHS AGO!

fd72c2859f9b522dfe9ecdc62ef06956

Parramatta young gun Dylan Brown.
O’Sullivan has confirmed the meeting took place but only after he received an email from Orr indicating Brown had an option in his favour to leave the Eels.

He stopped negotiations when Orr realised his mistake.

The local junior is in fact under contract until the end of 2020.

5ebe891a917dc9a027c7f6e4e41a1818

Shaun Johnson
Under NRL rules, no club can speak to him until November.

The Warriors are more than $1 million under the salary cap after releasing Johnson to the Cronulla Sharks late last year.”

Delboy

First Grade
Gavin Orr and Peter O'Sullivan,what could go wrong?

It's not as if ther were player signature issues or incorrect player negotiations involved previously. Greenburg is obviously a tough administrator.