What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Are you sure he would? I mean he SHOULD probably know, but I’m not sure Caylo would genuinely be able to put 2 and 2 together
well it would have been part of his job description
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-cayless-7b370128/?originalSubdomain=au
I asked Luke Burt how long he was signed for 2 years ago and he told me until the end of 2020 so Burty and I knew. I'm pretty sure Cayless would know, he'd only have to look it up. I'm pretty sure when Dylan signed his last contract everyone in the Parra office would have been high 5ing each other. Maybe Caylo was away that day

84 Baby

Referee
well it would have been part of his job description
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-cayless-7b370128/?originalSubdomain=au
I asked Luke Burt how long he was signed for 2 years ago and he told me until the end of 2020 so Burty and I knew. I'm pretty sure Cayless would know, he'd only have to look it up. I'm pretty sure when Dylan signed his last contract everyone in the Parra office would have been high 5ing each other. Maybe Caylo was away that day
Caylo played prop, it's possible he was there that day, but not present, if you know what I mean

Gronk

Staff member
Teenage star Brown earns promotion to Eels' top squad
Adrian ProszenkoFebruary 19, 2019 — 5.44pm
  • Send via Email

Parramatta have upgraded Dylan Brown to their top squad in a further show of faith in his ability to become the club’s long-term playmaker.

The new contract is viewed as first step in ensuring Brown remains with the blue and golds beyond his current deal and comes as the NRL ramps up its probe into allegations the Warriors contravened anti-tampering rules with a record $3 million deal for the teenage rookie.

Eels coach Brad Arthur has earmarked Brown as his five-eighth for the upcoming season, giving him the chance to make his NRL debut alongside halves partner Mitchell Moses. However, the 18-year-old was only on a development contract worth about $60,000 per annum for the 2019-20 seasons, meaning he wouldn’t have been eligible to start the year in first grade.

fb47a442a94e946fea65355d5de700395fd25093

In demand: Parramatta playmaker Dylan Brown.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

Parramatta officials were keen to promote him into the top 30 and the parties have just agreed to terms on a contract upgrade. The move means the Auckland product is now free to make his NRL debut against Penrith at Panthers Stadium for the season opener.

The Eels are also keen to extend Brown’s tenure, although the NRL’s investigation into the Warriors poaching raid has stalled that process. In an indication of how highly he is regarded, the Warriors earmarked the 18-year-old as the man to replace Kiwis halfback Shaun Johnson, tabling the richest contract ever offered to a player yet to feature in a single first-grade game.

However, the contract offer - presented on Warriors letterhead and bearing the name of recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan on the bottom - is now under scrutiny. Under the NRL's anti-tampering rules, clubs can only begin talks with players from other teams on November 1 the year before their contract expires. The Warriors claim they didn’t know Brown was contracted until 2020, an oversight that was brought to their attention after the event.

The Eels are furious about the big-money play, setting the scene for a spiteful encounter when the teams meet in round 19. The offer also points to his worth on the open market, although Parramatta will have until November 1 to strike a deal before rivals can legally pounce.

Brown showed poise beyond his years with a composed performance in last Friday’s trial against Canberra, combining well with Moses during their hour on the field.

Meanwhile, the latest attempt to bring constitutional reform to Parramatta has failed at a general meeting called by a section of the membership on Monday night.

Parramatta Leagues Club members converged on the Novotel at Parramatta for the annual general meeting, which was followed by a separate meeting to vote on a proposed motion.

There was a push to scrap the nominations committee tasked with appointing the first board, in an attempt to fastrack the right of members to again appoint directors. Eels administrator Max Donnelly cautioned that, even if the motion gained the 75 per cent of votes required, it would likely not be adopted by ILGA.

Long-serving former Eels CEO Denis Fitzgerald spoke against the motion, which had majority support but didn’t ultimately have the required numbers.

Of the 259 members who voted, 157 (60.6 per cent) voted in favour. However, the matter is likely to again go back to the members in an amended form in a bid to push through the reforms.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...ml?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Gronk

Staff member
Eels veteran David Gower’s plan to curb NRL bad behaviour and inspire rising stars

This season will be David Gower’s 10th and last season in the NRL.

The Parramatta veteran hopes plenty of other players across the game can also enjoy a long playing career as well — one that’s fulfilling and scandal free.

The NRL’s incident-riddled off-season has been well-documented, and it’s senior players like Gower the game desperately needs right now.

The 33-year-old acknowledges how lucky he’s been to live the life of a professional rugby league player, and when he hangs up the boots at the end of the year, he’ll be aiming to inspire the next crop of young Eels players.

“I was an electrician before I became a professional athlete, so I know how good this life is,” Gower tells foxsports.com.au.

“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every year I’ve been able to play the game.

“I’ve approached every day with enjoyment and I’m just really grateful for the opportunity that I continue to have and that I do have here.”

Gower knows all good things must come to an end, and it’s why he’s always had one eye on life post-football.

The prop forward is close to completing a Certificate IV in Elite Athlete Wellbeing Management — which he hopes to use at the Eels when he retires — and he’s also got one year to go on a Bachelor of Sports Business.

As part of his 2019 contract with the Eels, Gower has a part-time role in the club’s wellbeing department.

“It’s an area I’m quite passionate about because I understand how fickle the game of rugby league is and how important that off-field engagement and how important further educating and bettering yourself as a person is long-term,” Gower says.

I’ve got a bit of broad role and part of it is to be working with some of the Under 20s boys and targeted elite juniors, so developing wellbeing plans for them and helping them flourish in their lives to benefit them on the field when they play and hopefully transition into the NRL squad.”

https://outline.com/BWYEex

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Teenage star Brown earns promotion to Eels' top squad
Adrian ProszenkoFebruary 19, 2019 — 5.44pm
  • Send via Email

Parramatta have upgraded Dylan Brown to their top squad in a further show of faith in his ability to become the club’s long-term playmaker.

The new contract is viewed as first step in ensuring Brown remains with the blue and golds beyond his current deal and comes as the NRL ramps up its probe into allegations the Warriors contravened anti-tampering rules with a record $3 million deal for the teenage rookie.

Eels coach Brad Arthur has earmarked Brown as his five-eighth for the upcoming season, giving him the chance to make his NRL debut alongside halves partner Mitchell Moses. However, the 18-year-old was only on a development contract worth about $60,000 per annum for the 2019-20 seasons, meaning he wouldn’t have been eligible to start the year in first grade.

fb47a442a94e946fea65355d5de700395fd25093

In demand: Parramatta playmaker Dylan Brown.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

Parramatta officials were keen to promote him into the top 30 and the parties have just agreed to terms on a contract upgrade. The move means the Auckland product is now free to make his NRL debut against Penrith at Panthers Stadium for the season opener.

The Eels are also keen to extend Brown’s tenure, although the NRL’s investigation into the Warriors poaching raid has stalled that process. In an indication of how highly he is regarded, the Warriors earmarked the 18-year-old as the man to replace Kiwis halfback Shaun Johnson, tabling the richest contract ever offered to a player yet to feature in a single first-grade game.

However, the contract offer - presented on Warriors letterhead and bearing the name of recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan on the bottom - is now under scrutiny. Under the NRL's anti-tampering rules, clubs can only begin talks with players from other teams on November 1 the year before their contract expires. The Warriors claim they didn’t know Brown was contracted until 2020, an oversight that was brought to their attention after the event.

The Eels are furious about the big-money play, setting the scene for a spiteful encounter when the teams meet in round 19. The offer also points to his worth on the open market, although Parramatta will have until November 1 to strike a deal before rivals can legally pounce.

Brown showed poise beyond his years with a composed performance in last Friday’s trial against Canberra, combining well with Moses during their hour on the field.

Meanwhile, the latest attempt to bring constitutional reform to Parramatta has failed at a general meeting called by a section of the membership on Monday night.

Parramatta Leagues Club members converged on the Novotel at Parramatta for the annual general meeting, which was followed by a separate meeting to vote on a proposed motion.

There was a push to scrap the nominations committee tasked with appointing the first board, in an attempt to fastrack the right of members to again appoint directors. Eels administrator Max Donnelly cautioned that, even if the motion gained the 75 per cent of votes required, it would likely not be adopted by ILGA.

Long-serving former Eels CEO Denis Fitzgerald spoke against the motion, which had majority support but didn’t ultimately have the required numbers.

Of the 259 members who voted, 157 (60.6 per cent) voted in favour. However, the matter is likely to again go back to the members in an amended form in a bid to push through the reforms.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...ml?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Dylan hasn't even played an NRL game yet, I just wonder if our hand was forced by the Warriors and others sniffing around.

84 Baby

Referee
Dylan hasn't even played an NRL game yet, I just wonder if our hand was forced by the Warriors and others sniffing around.
I reckon 100% he and Mahoney both have full NRL contracts that both have/had contingent start dates with insurance and NRL rules being factored in

1st of all he needs to be promoted to play NRL so Parra have to upgrade him
2nd I've watched around 30 field sessions this off season and he's been our best half. Full stop. Last week was the first time he has dropped a ball. Haven't seen him miss a tackle and stopped a charging Niukore dead 1 metre out last year
3 I have watched him since his first game in Matts and he's the best junior I've seen since Hayne I'm not comparing they are different players
4 His fitness and gym numbers are unbelievable. I will not go into them on a public forum but look how many Raiders he dragged for 10m last week before Jennings try.

Parra know what they have got and have done for a long time. In my opinion if we can sign him for what the warriors offered it would be the deal of the century. The club tried to give him NRL time last year but it was knocked on the head
Don't expect explosive brilliance. Expect clean passes in front of the support, He'd rather take a tackle, than push a pass. He will be the best defensive half in the game before too long (remember they are a half they all miss tackles), intelligent kicking, reluctant goal kicker but I think if he worked on it he could nail that too. Watch his body language heads up player.
Spoke to Luke Burt at the Legends tournament last year about him and Burty just overtook my conversation and spruiked what a superstar he was gonna be. I'm more reserved but still enthused.
I've been trying to rein my expectations in for the last 2 years but we are here now just needs some refining. Stay calm and enjoy the Dylster ride Eelsters

strider

Post Whore
Of course other teams pushed it a bit ... and thats fine. Thats how shit works. We want to keep him we pay up and give him the job.

Gronk

Staff member
Nearly 50 photos uploaded for the opposed session.

Looks like a possibles (red shirts) vs probables (yellow shirts). Interesting that Taka was playing with the NRL boys. Could not see Salmon. That’s a bit fishy.