What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Not sure what to make of this viral posting in social media in the last 24hrs. Is it a scam ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gronk

Staff member
Excitement levels are at an all-time high in the Red Centre, with the Parramatta Eels set to visit Alice Springs for a Community Camp from 12-15 February 2019.

2019’s camp will allow local NRL fans the chance to meet their favourite Parramatta Eels players, with a range of community activities planned over the four days.

Aside from open training sessions at Anzac Oval, members of the public will have the opportunity to get autographs from their biggest sporting heroes with several signing sessions.

Territory students will also get the chance to meet and greet the players, with a number of school visits planned including Bradshaw Primary School, Yulara Primary School and Braitling Primary School.

Players will also make appearances at the Alice Springs Hospital, Convention Centre and Juvenile Centre during their stint in the Red Centre.

A standout event in the Parramatta Eels Training Camp schedule is the State of Mind presentation on Tuesday 12 February 2019 from 7.30pm-9pm at the Convention Centre.

Women’s Rugby league footballer Ruan Sims and former rugby league player Dave Shillington will be leading the presentation, discussing the importance of taking care of your mental health.

The aim of the program is to reduce stigma surrounding mental illness, increase participants’ understanding of mental health, encourage help seeking and connect rugby league communities with partners Lifeline, Kids Helpline, headspace and the Black Dog Institute.

The Parramatta Eels’ four-day visit will be held instead of a pre-season match and a barbecue breakfast will be on offer for the general public at the completion of the camp.

Parramatta Eels Training Camp schedule – public events:

Tuesday 12 February 2019:

• 4.30pm-6pm: NRL open training session and signing session at Anzac Oval
  • 7.30pm-9pm: State of Mind presentation with Dave Shillington and Ruan Sims at the Convention Centre
Wednesday 13 February 2019:

• 4.30pm-5.30pm: NRL open training session and signing session at Anzac Oval
  • 5.30pm-6.30pm: Junior skills clinic and coach the coaches clinic at Anzac Oval
  • 7.30pm-9pm: No More presentation with Charlie King at the Convention Centre
Friday 15 February 2019:

• 7.30am-9am: NRL open training session and barbecue breakfast for the general public at Anzac Oval]
Source: NT Government

https://www.sheppnews.com.au/@rugby/2019/02/13/442706/hooper-sees-elsom-in-tahs-flanker-dempsey

amitropo

Juniors
Not sure what to make of this viral posting in social media in the last 24hrs. Is it a scam ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The more people that sign up under your name the more points you receive.
I got sucked in as well.
Afterwards thinking it’s a way to gain email addresses for future marketing and selling on of lists.
But feel free to follow me.....
https://twitter.com/amitropo/status/1095953301198106624?s=21

Off eels web site

Attachments

• 9AFDD749-769B-4F3B-82E9-063CF4CAA8C3.jpeg
    9AFDD749-769B-4F3B-82E9-063CF4CAA8C3.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 3

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta's heralded crop of junior talent will have their first chance to press for NRL starting roles in their trial against Canberra.

Friday night's clash between the Eels and the Raiders at St Mary's in Sydney's west is the first NRL level trial between two clubs for this season, with several questions surrounding both teams.

Rookie playmaker Dylan Brown is expected to spend time alongside Mitchell Moses in the halves, Jaeman Salmon will likely play centres while Reed Mahoney will have a shot at sealing the starting hooker role.

Clint Gutherson is also expected to spend time at fullback with Bevan French in Indigenous All-Stars camp but the majority of the Eels' biggest names will play.

It represents a significant time in the club which took last year's wooden spoon but have a group of players who have featured in dominant junior sides in recent years pushing for first-grade spots.

"I want it (the No.9 jersey)," Mahoney told AAP.

"The boys around me are training really well and making my job easier and what I'm doing is making their job easier.

"I've just got to play well in the trials. Everyone is really competitive about their training at the moment and positions are really hard to pick for the whole squad.

"It's an open race and it's down to the trials. I've just got to put my best forward and let (coach) Brad (Arthur) make the call."

Mahoney, 20, is no stranger to having to impress in the pre-season as he battles Kaysa Pritchard for the starting role this year.

He began last summer on a six-week train-and-trial basis before Christmas and ended the year with nine first-grade games to his name - including four as a starting hooker.

"To play first grade was pretty emotional and physically and mentally overwhelming," Mahoney said.

"The boys around me made me confident in my ability to go out there and do my job.

"I was lucky enough to play a few games back to back. I've still got a lot to learn but I've come back really hungry."

https://www.examiner.com.au/story/5904875/parramatta-eels-young-guns-eye-shot-at-nrl/?cs=7692

Gronk

Staff member
Moses takes exciting Eels youngster Brown under his wing
Adrian ProszenkoFebruary 16, 2019

A promising young playmaker, the type you hear about before you see him, is about to hit the NRL.

We used to talk about Mitchell Moses in such terms. This, however, is a story about his halves partner. Teenaged pivot Dylan Brown announced himself with a solid first hitout for Parramatta in their 22-20 loss against Canberra at St Marys Leagues Stadium.

EELS
Teenager Dylan Brown impresses for Eels in trial loss to Canberra
For so long the junior partner in halves pairings, Moses is now expected to step up and help Brown, still only 18, navigate the pitfalls of an NRL career. In many respects, he is the person best qualified to do so.

“It feels a lot different, I was saying that to someone the other day,” Moses said of his role as the elder statesman.

“I’m used to being that young kid still coming through. I had Normy [Corey Norman] there last year, so I was still a young half.

“It’s about helping him out, taking a bit of pressure off Dyl there. We worked well [against Canberra] but there’s a lot we can work on.”

Brown mostly controlled the left side of the field, Moses the right on Friday night. However, coach Brad Arthur has given them a licence to roam.

“We’re going both sides of the field,” Moses said.

“If he takes the line on we can play eyes-up footy. We’re feeling comfortable with the way we’re playing, the style of footy we’re playing going into the season. It was a good first hitout.”

9376f776859c54f1093c491aa18a73e575f034da

High expectations: Mitchell Moses is keen to take the pressure off Brown.CREDIT:AAP

Perhaps most pleasing is how quickly Brown has found his voice. The youngster wasn’t afraid to bark orders to his more experienced teammates against the Raiders.

“He’s been doing that all preseason and everyone is feeling comfortable with him there,” Moses said.

“It’s good to have him take control like that, we’ve worked up a good combination there in preseason, it’s looking alright.

“I thought he was really good. He took the line on and did everything we asked of him.

“He had a good couple of kicks and made his tackles, that’s all we asked of him. I thought it was a good first trial from him."

The Eels will get a better indication of their prospects in their final trial against Penrith, a team they also open their NRL campaign against.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mo...ter-brown-under-his-wing-20190216-p50y9h.html

TheRam

Coach
anyway, we can all agree on the way the news is reported currently. Just tried to make the point that plenty of people would listen to th headline and not follow through with the details.

Just a symptom of 7 and the way they approach and report rugby league, it feeds the narrative of nutters like bandanahead and the AFL goofs

This is the NRL's fault for being so useless. The AFL would not stand for it and fix it. Oh wait...they already have. The NRL are just dumb monkeys that make monkeys look bright.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This is the NRL's fault for being so useless. The AFL would not stand for it and fix it. Oh wait...they already have. The NRL are just dumb monkeys that make monkeys look bright.

they dont fix it, they sweep it under the rug as they have a lot of control over the media, unlike the NRL where the media love a scandal and the NRL cant, or wont, do jack shit about it

TheRam

Coach
they dont fix it, they sweep it under the rug as they have a lot of control over the media, unlike the NRL where the media love a scandal and the NRL cant, or wont, do jack shit about it

That's what I mean mate. To the general public, the AFL is close to squeaky clean, so by all intent and purposes the AFL has fixed it.

The NRL has fixed jack squat over the last 20+ years.

Delboy

First Grade
To illustrate the point, I believe 3 AFL Players were guilty of indiscretions with a teenager after an Auskick festival. The goons in Bleak City called it a storm in a tea cup, much the same as Kochie described the pictures of a player snorting a prohibited substance of the body of a female in Europe, saying its not illegal.

Have to rememberthat game has no competitors and the media in Melbourne and their acolytes will always breathe live into fumbleball.

Also helps when they make Sydny based reporters ambassadors and shower them with freebies. How on earth do they get local govts in NSW to fund grounds that no one goes to, yet the Labour Party in NSW under Mr Negative are using sports facilities as a blunt weapon with no look to the future. Oh well, that's politics

Latest posts