What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

IFR33K

Coach
The potential signing of prior is hideous. It reeks of watmong mk2. A team like the eels only get a small window of opportunities (premiership) every few years, signing MP won’t help us. If reports are true, we were better off giving Ma’u 2 years. I’m not sold having MJ and to a lesser extent taka on our books for another 2 years either. 1 year is sufficient IMO

JokerEel

First Grade
Roosters also won a comp with a declining and aging Luke O’Donnell in their side. They signed him as they just wanted that extra bit of experience in their side.....

Prior offers something Mannah / Gower doesn’t.....premiership winning experience (and above 50% win average).

Obviously he is getting on and is on the decline but still goes ok and a lot comes down to price.

Roosters also had SWB JWH Napa LUI Cordner Guerra, Pearce RTS, Moa Jennings ..

Signing ODonnell for a year at probably Minimum wage compared to Us Signing Prior for 2-3 years at 400-500k is no comparison...

84 Baby

Referee
Don’t we have like 10 squad spots still available? While our premium spots are probably filled and signing a lesser player doesn’t preclude signing a better player, I’d be mightily disappointed if we’re focusing our current efforts on Old Man Prior

emjaycee

Coach

Signing ODonnell for a year at probably Minimum wage compared to Us Signing Prior for 2-3 years at 400-500k is no comparison...
Can you please source the 2-3 year $400 - $500k offer to Prior that we have tabled or are you just making shit up to suit your own craparse agenda?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

So if we would offer only Welch $500k what makes you think we are offering Prior $400-$500k?

There is absolutely nothing suggesting in rumours or media that $400-$500k is even remotely accurately, seems you just made that up!!

However I will believe you if you can provide something supporting it!!

JokerEel

First Grade
Can you please source the 2-3 year $400 - $500k offer to Prior that we have tabled or are you just making shit up to suit your own craparse agenda?

Of course he would want to sign for us for 200k.... can you honestly tell me how much Jennings and taka are being offered? And yes it's a guess like everyone else does on here.

Anyway glad you need to attack me knowing prior is a waste of cap space..

JokerEel

First Grade
So if we would offer only Welch $500k what makes you think we are offering Prior $400-$500k?

There is absolutely nothing suggesting in rumours or media that $400-$500k is even remotely accurately, seems you just made that up!!

However I will believe you if you can provide something supporting it!!

Same for you tell me when doesnt a players value get made o
Up on these forums? He could be after a pie and a coke and it would be a waste of cap space..

JokerEel

First Grade

Btw till this post you were up there with Mario as one of the best posters on here..

And now...

images

Half still my favorite...

Last edited:

Latest posts