What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The potential signing of prior is hideous. It reeks of watmong mk2. A team like the eels only get a small window of opportunities (premiership) every few years, signing MP won’t help us. If reports are true, we were better off giving Ma’u 2 years. I’m not sold having MJ and to a lesser extent taka on our books for another 2 years either. 1 year is sufficient IMO
Prior brings something neither Ma'u nor Mannah brings.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So if we would offer only Welch $500k what makes you think we are offering Prior $400-$500k?

There is absolutely nothing suggesting in rumours or media that $400-$500k is even remotely accurately, seems you just made that up!!

However I will believe you if you can provide something supporting it!!
He'd probably get $300k for a one year deal but for two years we could get him for under $450k. By the end of two years he'd be the same age as Gower is now.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Same for you tell me when doesnt a players value get made o
Up on these forums? He could be after a pie and a coke and it would be a waste of cap space..

Ah ok, so we are making players value then?

Anyhow Prior on a pie and coke deal (AKA as minimum contract) would be a f**ken amazing valued deal for us........

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
To be fair, Pou has as well and no one has questioned his figures.

Oh course we all make up figures and have a guess (I obviously do it to) in our discussions. But most don’t just make up totally crap either.

I mean really even if you think BA is the worse coach ever and our management team are f**ken useless, you still wouldnt suggest Prior is being offered $400/$500k by the club.

JokerEel

Coach
Oh course we all make up figures and have a guess (I obviously do it to) in our discussions. But most don’t just make up totally crap either.

I mean really even if you think BA is the worse coach ever and our management team are f**ken useless, you still wouldnt suggest Prior is being offered $400/$500k by the club.

Seriously Eels fans are the craziest merkins... You make up figures but dont make up total crap? I really need what you are on..

Btw only responding to you as I cant ignore a mod..

Also why would Prior come here for a year on a minimum contract? And a year..

He wouldn't we would have been better to keep Mau...

Also Pou doesnt make up that much he just post stats that we have heard over and over and over..

IFR33K

Coach
So if we would offer only Welch $500k what makes you think we are offering Prior $400-$500k?

There is absolutely nothing suggesting in rumours or media that $400-$500k is even remotely accurately, seems you just made that up!!

However I will believe you if you can provide something supporting it!!

Regardless of $$$, prior is a bizarre signing if true

IFR33K

Coach

Yeah you’re right. It’s not like BA has signed an ageing forward to a mega $$$ and mega year deal in the past.... my bad.

84 Baby

Referee
The actual signing wouldn’t be bizarre, but the timing is. He should be a late signing period squad rounder. One that you risk losing to another club if it means you can get him cheaper.
We should have a bunch of squad spots available and having Prior fill one is too early for mine.
I guess Pou would suggest this means he is cheap. If Prior is coming at min wage, I’d be fine with that.
Our challenge isn’t going to be salary cap, it’ll be getting good players to take the money we have available

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Why? Obviously we are looking for a “big name” but also don’t you also want to improve our pack and get a better player to replace Alvaro / peni if possible?

Imagine this pack:

8. Paulo
9. Mahoney
10. RCG (?)
11. Lane
12. Marata
13. Brown

14. Prior
15. Evans
16. Taka ??
17. Hooker??

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Seriously Eels fans are the craziest merkins... You make up figures but dont make up total crap? I really need what you are on..

Btw only responding to you as I cant ignore a mod..

Also why would Prior come here for a year on a minimum contract? And a year..

He wouldn't we would have been better to keep Mau...

Also Pou doesnt make up that much he just post stats that we have heard over and over and over..

I also don’t reckon he is coming on a minimum contract (was just saying if he did it would be a good deal) or for one year.

Manu plays edge most of the time / Prior plays middle all the time....

Eelementary

Post Whore
We are an inconsistent side.

Inconsistency is usually brought upon by youth, and inexperience.

Matt Prior offers tonnes of experience, as well as being a strong middle defender.

His running game is average, but the trade-off is you get big match experience, and strong defence.

I'm not his biggest fan, but I can see where Arthur is coming from, and it makes sense.