What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve read it, absolute dribble.

She left the other site because people questioned our SuperCoach.

well according to her to went to the Roar as she gets paid which didn't happen on the other site

I normally dont read her stuff, a lot of her tweets are kinda feminist

hineyrulz

Post Whore
well according to her to went to the Roar as she gets paid which didn't happen on the other site

I normally dont read her stuff, a lot of her tweets are kinda feminist
She went to the Rah because she didn’t like anyone having a different view, lol @ anyone paying for the crap she writes. Pou would be worth triple.

emjaycee

Coach
Article in Fox Sports website, quoting Kent and Tallis about the 2021 Eels.

Never had the roster’: How ugly freefall exposes fatal Eels ‘myth’​

August 9th, 2021 8:54 am

NRL360 co-host Paul Kent has cast major doubts on the Eels’ premiership hopes, questioning if they were ever a realistic chance of claiming an elusive title in 2021.

The wait for a title continues for Parramatta and things have got much harder over the last few weeks.

Brad Arthur’s side have dropped three straight and after welcoming back Mitchell Moses, have copped the blow of losing Reed Mahoney for the season.

Arthur’s position has come under fire, while skipper Clint Gutherson was embroiled in an on-field spat with centre Tom Opacic.

But Kent questioned whether the Eels were ever a threat to challenge for this year’s premiership.

“I don’t think it [the Eels’ premiership window] was ever open,” he said on Triple M.

“I don’t think this roster has ever been comparable to the Melbourne or the Roosters rosters in recent seasons.

“You can listen to this myth that Parramatta window is open… it’s a small crack.

“It’s a chance if everything goes right. But there’s no way Parramatta have ever been the favourites in any of the last five seasons.

“Brad Arthur’s critics say here’s a team where they have finished top four and he’s been able to get them any closer to a grand final.

“What if the reality is that they are not a top-four team?

“But he has been able to, over 25 regular games, get them into the top four.

“They’ve never been really good enough to beat a Penrith or Roosters or Storm, which is what I think is the case.

“They’ve never had the roster which has been comparable.

“So for Brad Arthur to get his team into the top four was the achievement, not that he got them into the top four and didn’t go on to win the comp.

“They’ve got a competitive side and if everything went right they are a chance of winning a grand final but they have never been – to me – a favourite to win the grand final.

“Their inability to have won one in the last five or six years is not a failing because I don’t think they have had the side to do that. It’s no more [a failure] than Manly are, the Raiders and Souths are.”

Former Broncos great Gorden Tallis also raised concerns over the style the Eels have used at the back end of the season.

“Junior Paulo came out a couple of weeks ago and said they wanted to pass the ball more,” he said.
“I don’t think that suits them without Mitchell Moses, without the player in there who does that naturally. I think they are a high-energy, off-the-back-fence, quick play-the-ball type of side.

“To do that you need your forward pack steamrollering and it just hasn’t happened.

“I think the last month of footy they have gone away from what suits them.

“Since they’ve moved up to Queensland I think they have struggled and they have gone away from what works for Parramatta.”

Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...RbEpdze5QKcC5D9HnZnJW2nghwhsU6KqewsB73AV2eupE

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I feel like it's obvious. We have a top eight side that might win the comp if everything goes our way. And merkins thinking we should play like the top sides do miss the fact that they play that way because it suits their rosters. Our boring style suits ours.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I feel like it's obvious. We have a top eight side that might win the comp if everything goes our way. And merkins thinking we should play like the top sides do miss the fact that they play that way because it suits their rosters. Our boring style suits ours.
Chicken and egg mate.