What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

King-Gutho94

Coach
The awards have become a bit of a farce in recent times.
Yes and no. Awards night are not really Rugby League's thing in General.

I don't get the outrage for Nicho Hynes winning it though.

He was consistently one of Cronulla's best players most weeks and they came 2nd.

Yes they had a soft draw which helps. But he was Cronulla's most influential player so he was always going to poll.

But i remember RTS winning the Dally M a few years back because he had the advantage of Monty Betham and NZ commentators voting on Warriors home games where they just gave him 2 or 3 points most games depending on the result and the warriors didn't make the finals.

strider

Post Whore
Must be the only reason why drown always gets picked .... good career protection strategy (or potentially bad one at some point in the future lol)

Chipmunk

Coach
Must be the only reason why drown always gets picked .... good career protection strategy (or potentially bad one at some point in the future lol)
Yeah, there is obviously a bit of an age gap there, as Jake only turned 20 a couple of days ago. She must be 18 though I guess if she's going to the Dally M's.

As I said in the other thread, it could potentially be a good thing (with re-signing him), but one day things really could go pear shape (if there is a bad break up either between them or with the club and the coach). It will always have the potential to become a precarious situation either way.

Noise

Coach
Yeah, there is obviously a bit of an age gap there, as Jake only turned 20 a couple of days ago. She must be 18 though I guess if she's going to the Dally M's.

As I said in the other thread, it could potentially be a good thing (with re-signing him), but one day things really could go pear shape (if there is a bad break up either between them or with the club and the coach). It will always have the potential to become a precarious situation either way.
Dylan Brown is only 22.

strider

Post Whore

Maybe she is older than Jake???