What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

eels_fan

First Grade
We have a guy with a fairly similar type of (criminal) charge here at Parra. And dont forget Blake Ferguson.
And I said that at the time I was happy for Dyl to be shown the door, would have been my choice if I was running the club.

in saying that, im also not going to put a grope on a dance floor on the same line of indiscretion as multiple instances of rape.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If Jennings was getting a lifeline at the Tigers for example do you reckon they still register him.

Or was it down to the Roosters just having more pull behind the scenes and being a more powerful club.

I get the vibe sometimes NRL pick and choose when it comes to certain things and are easily influenced by certain things.

I think something was brought up when the NRL approved Jennings back that Curtis Scott was getting rejected.

Now was it because Scott is a bigger scumbag then Jennings is or the club that was trying to get him into game werent as powerful as the chooks.

And personally i couldnt care less about Curtis Scott if he never played again he had multiple chances and didn't learn his lesson. But i am just drawing a comparison and curious what was the difference between the two.

Imo i just feel it was more to do with the Roosters being the ones that wanted to bring Jennings back.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yep. If we try to point fingers at other grubby players we will look like hypocrites fairly quickly...Our best player of the last 20 years is in jail FFS. We are cretins.
Sad part is i reckon we have most clubs covered with ex players getting into trouble for very serious off-field incidents.

You could do a Parramatta 17 that would have spent one night in lockup or ended up guilty or in jail.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Sad part is i reckon we have most clubs covered with ex players getting into trouble for very serious off-field incidents.

You could do a Parramatta 17 that would have spent one night in lockup or ended up guilty or in jail.
My bogan old man indoctrinated me from the early 80s onwards so I've had no choice but to support these no hopers.

If I was choosing today from scratch I could think of at least 12 teams I'd rather support.

King-Gutho94

Coach
My bogan old man indoctrinated me from the early 80s onwards so I've had no choice but to support these no hopers.

If I was choosing today from scratch I could think of at least 12 teams I'd rather support.
I think with most kids your basically brainwashed and dont have a choice from a young age on who you support it comes from who your parents support and passed on.

My 2 x brothers and sister are parra fans.

Though one of my brothers though was a Titans fan for a short while in 2007-2011 days but jumped back to Parra as he idolised Scott Prince and they just joined the comp when he was 11 years old in 07.

He finally realised what a basketcase they were and just decided to revert back & follow the local basketcase in Parra instead.

Ironically when we went to the 2009 semi final at the SFS he wore his Titans Jersey the only Titans fan in the Parra section and we were still kids and had to sit through all us Parra fans chanting chanting bring on Bulldogs all 2nd half.

Not one person really giving a flying toss about the poor old Titans that night haha when we smashing them it was all about the Doggies the following week.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep. If we try to point fingers at other grubby players we will look like hypocrites fairly quickly...Our best player of the last 20 years is in jail FFS. We are cretins.
It just proves that you don’t need to be a good bloke to be good at sport. In fact, with my experience of highly competitive people over the years, the two might be inversely related.