What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eels meeting tonight

Redback71

First Grade
apparantly theres a meeting between the eels senior players and management minus brian smith does anyone know what its about

wittyz chick

Coach
let's hope it's at hindys and there's pizza and beer :lol:

but seriously maybe it is about Lyon :?

meeting with Hagan maybe? is he allowed to do that?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
If it's true then it's probably one of those "we're playing bad, let's pick up our act" meetings you always read about after a form turnaround. I think Penrith had one last year and Lang wasn't allowed to go either.

yy_cheng

Coach
If it's true then it's probably one of those "we're playing bad, let's pick up our act" meetings you always read about after a form turnaround. I think Penrith had one last year and Lang wasn't allowed to go either.

But why would you exclude the coach in one of those meetings?

bartman

Immortal
I knowthere was a regular board meeting scheduled today/tonight, also dealing with several of our football club applications :D

if the board discusses football matters on a monthly basis, they probably just wanted the players to feel like they had input or feel part of the loop, given the situation of being kind of "between" coaches at the moment?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
yy_cheng said:
But why would you exclude the coach in one of those meetings?

Well according to Tony Puletua it's because the players wanted to take it upon themselves to lift their game, that they knew they were letting themselves down and not Lang so they took care of it as a group. Something like that.

I just doubt there'd be secret meetings at night to discuss Jamie Lyon.

scottyeel

Bench
They had a story on ch.9 news about it tonight. It was the players day off and they all decided to come in and talk about why things are going so wrong. That's why there was no coaching staff there.Interviewed Hindy and Piggy and that's what they said.

Guys, I will have the Vidoe of the story for Channel 9 online in about 5 minutes it will be 6 meg long and requires xvid to watch.

lucablight

First Grade
Danny Weidler was on sports today and said that it took place with the Knowledge of Brian Smith and the players did it on their day off because they wanted to turn their season around.

Nikki

Coach
lucablight said:
Danny Weidler was on sports today and said that it took place with the Knowledge of Brian Smith and the players did it on their day off because they wanted to turn their season around.

Im sorry, today is there day off???? I woulda have em working their arses off in that gym. You get a win, you get a day off!!! lol

Nickeel

Juniors
Exactly what I wanted to be reading today.

Gives an indication the players are just as unhappy with their performances as we are. We have the players, we have the talent - let's get the results!

Nick

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nikki said:
Well come on. Its not like they actually did any work yesterday.... ;-)

I beg to differ, Ben Smith must have spent 1 hour signing autographs after the match, poor bloke :lol:

Utey

Coach
Nikki said:
Im sorry, today is there day off???? I woulda have em working their arses off in that gym. You get a win, you get a day off!!! lol

Your scary :oops:

Utey

Coach
Maybe they realise they are softcocks, and want to turn it around. Looked like both FG and Prems.

Latest posts