What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eels meeting tonight

yy_cheng

Coach
With all due respect Suity I'm failing to comprehend why someone can understand that people can be distracted. You've never been distracted at work by a phone call from the bank or your wife because one of the kids are sick?

Or the LU Forums !!

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
With all due respect Suity I'm failing to comprehend why someone can't understand that people can be distracted. You've never been distracted at work by a phone call from the bank or your wife because one of the kids are sick?

Yes, true, but not for 5 weeks.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Yes, true, but not for 5 weeks.

Suity

The examples I used are probably not going to distract you for five weeks but would you say there are enough possible distractions in the club at the moment that could drag it out for this long? No ones performance is up to scratch but in my opinion it isn't a physical problem.....

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
The examples I used are probably not going to distract you for five weeks but would you say there are enough possible distractions in the club at the moment that could drag it out for this long? No ones performance is up to scratch but in my opinion it isn't a physical problem.....

Yes, I agree that there are plenty of distractions at the moment. I think it is both a physical AND mental problem.
It is up to those are responsible for the discipline of these traits to ensure they don't carry on for too long.
And that includes the players.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Yes, I agree that there are plenty of distractions at the moment. I think it is both a physical AND mental problem.
It is up to those are responsible for the discipline of these traits to ensure they don't carry on for too long.
And that includes the players.

Suity

I think the main problem can only be solved by management.....

Hurriflatch

Referee
The Colonel said:
I think the main problem can only be solved by management.....

Is withholding pay until the performances on field refect the $$$ they are getting a fesiable soultion?

Hellsy

Immortal
Suitman said:
They've just come back from a 3 month holiday.
How many of us get a quarter of the year off?

And they get paid about 4 times as much.
No excuse for not being fit at this time of year.
It is their job godammit!! :lol:

Suity

They do not get 3 months holiday, they have October off, back to training in November then have 2 weeks over Chrissy/New Year then they are back to training again.

I never said it was an excuse for them not to be fit, they should be fit.. but training them 7 days a week will not do that, it will only burn them out weeks down the track

True EEL

Bench
my simple question is......

why didn't the players and the coach have their minds on the job or hold a meeting like this to avoid this regular early-season slump???

all this now is fine, but why not have prevention, rather than cure

this has basically happened for the last 10 years at this club

Hellsy

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
Is withholding pay until the performances on field refect the $$$ they are getting a fesiable soultion?

and they have families to support just like alot of people, suspending their pay will do nothing

James_Hardie

Juniors
If the club allow Brian Smith to resign, won't that reflect poorly on the decision by Denis Fitzgerald and the board to recruit a coach 12 months out?

Suitman

Post Whore
James_Hardie said:
If the club allow Brian Smith to resign, won't that reflect poorly on the decision by Denis Fitzgerald and the board to recruit a coach 12 months out?

It will more likely reflect that it was a bad decision to extend his contract 5 years ago.

Suity

Hellsy

Immortal
:LOL: :LOL:
Mr Winky always insinuates that he knows much more but will not tell us

Eelementary

Post Whore
Brian was asked to resign and refused.

Why would he take up the option now?

True, now he has his future sealed up...But IF as he says he's focused on the Eels for 2006, then I don't see him resigning any time soon.