What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Memberships Onsale for 2015

oldmancraigy

Coach
:lol: D'Oh!

Thank you very much for the kind words, mate. I really appreciate it!

I can understand the cynicism - it's a very weird story.

But it's true. My short-tempered Croatian nan has a bit of form when it comes to going off prematurely and getting everyone involved to sort out a theoretical mess!

How about the time she wrote to (back then) Greater Union Cinemas to complain she wasn't given her pensioner's discount - when she bought three tickets! She bought 3 tickets at the pensioner rate (I think it was half price then) but because it added up to roughly one full-priced ticket, she complained!

God bless her.

Mate it is hilarious!!
Tell us, was it the ACCC who came back to your gran and said 'uhh, you didnt buy anything'. I could picture her with ear horn saying 'whaaaattt???'

Eelementary

Post Whore
I hadn't looked at this thread for weeks.

This has made my day :lol:

Can't wait to see how gran and emjaycee get on on their date.

Haha only my family could be so silly!

Mate it is hilarious!!
Tell us, was it the ACCC who came back to your gran and said 'uhh, you didnt buy anything'. I could picture her with ear horn saying 'whaaaattt???'

Lol

Because she's old, and even though she speaks English (though, as you imagine, it's not her nayive tongue), she asked my dad to chase things up after she wrote the letter. He called up, they politely explained she'd bought three tickets - and when my dad tried to tell this to her, she went off her head, accusing the cinema of trying to rip off an old lady.

When they asked her how many tickets she had intended to buy, she answered, "Three."

She has a short fuse and quickly starts threatening people with Fair Trading, ACCC, Ombudsman, etc. because that's the way they do it at home...

emjaycee

Coach
Thanks guys but seems like only Eele understood why i want to borrow his gran... i am having problems with some tradies who havent done what i haven't asked them to do and need to get it sorted asap.

Suitman

Post Whore
Thanks guys but seems like only Eele understood why i want to borrow his gran... i am having problems with some tradies who havent done what i haven't asked them to do and need to get it sorted asap.

Cool story bro.

Suity

Mickyd39

Juniors
has anyone received a text message about an eel for life payment being processed on the 17th June and if so what is it?

I've tried to call the membership team but it's busy.

EelsFan05

Bench
has anyone received a text message about an eel for life payment being processed on the 17th June and if so what is it?

I've tried to call the membership team but it's busy.

It's if you pay for your membership monthly via direct debit.

ash411

Bench
I got the same message, and I pay yearly...

I think someone in the membership office made a whoopsie and hit send all on the text reminder.

strider

Post Whore
Glad im not the only one. I assumed it was a boo boo.

Eele's gran might have employed some russian hackers to get back at those damn eels people :fist:

Mickyd39

Juniors
maybe it wasn't a mistake, maybe it's way to raise some extra cash to get Jarryd back from the Roosters. :sarcasm:

Gronk

Staff member
I just got a 2nd txt from them now about something that does not involve me. Odd.

ash411

Bench
Just got an apology text, yep was definitely an error..

Imagine if they just charged everyone and see who didn't notice?

Latest posts