What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nonsense. If the obvious implication of your post wasn't meant to be there, then you obviously need to choose your words much better... or to use your style of posting: learn to type ffs.
Now you’re fabricating other people’s ’obvious implications’. There’s no need for anyone to choose their words when you’ve volunteered to do it for us.

I look forward to your continued commentary on what you think each of my posts mean.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Hannay’s comments about needing to know about more than just the club’s finances resurrected the horse.
He literally says well resourced - but I’m sure you can tell us what he really means beyond his explicit and clear language - even though you hate when other people do that

at the risk of indulging your masturbatory arguments, Hannay is referring to administration of our resources

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Fair enough

I might have the stones to reinforce my opinion that cheika is the choice.
Nah not me. If I had any stones I'd call you a dumb merkin to your face, and I obviously never would.

I will say this though, if we get Cheika I'll be more excited (perhaps even very) than if we got any of the remaining available options because it would mean that we had agreed to whatever he required as a condition of his contract. I assume the club will have done their due diligence on him and vetted him as a viable NRL head coach.

But for me to sit here and say I want Cheika to be the coach is bullshit because I have no way of knowing if he could do the job or not. The information I don't have would be confirmed by the club signing him, if that were to happen.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He literally says well resourced - but I’m sure you can tell us what he really means beyond his explicit and clear language - even though you hate when other people do that
Hannay said he was satisfied with resources and then went on to state he was uncertain about other stuff that is also considered to be resources.

Which is beside the point that we are obviously well resourced enough to make the finals in four of the past five years. Even if we miss this year it is still four years in six. Certainly better resourced than most other clubs.
at the risk of indulging your masturbatory arguments, Hannay is referring to administration of our resources
Agreed, and that administration, when it can't be improved with money (hiring) is itself a resource. And quite a fundamental one, in much the same way Nick Politis is a resource at the Roosters.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Hannay said he was satisfied with resources and then went on to state he was uncertain about other stuff that is also considered to be resources.

Which is beside the point that we are obviously well resourced enough to make the finals in four of the past five years. Even if we miss this year it is still four years in six. Certainly better resourced than most other clubs.

Agreed, and that administration, when it can't be improved with money (hiring) is itself a resource. And quite a fundamental one, in much the same way Nick Politis is a resource at the Roosters.
The administrator is a human resource

administration is not a resource - it’s a line item in and of itself

you are just a troll who loves an endless argument

Incorrect

Coach
I wonder how much NRL Cheika watches... What I mean by that is, I wonder if in the interview process, and I presume all applicants are asked the same questions, a question is asked "So where do you see our current set up lacking and what areas do you feel need addressing in your first 90 days?"....

The likes of Ryles, Hannay, Madge, McDermott etc are ensconced in NRL every week so would probably answer that sort of question with confidence and conviction. Cheika though I'm not sure. Maybe he does watch NRL religiously, who knows....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wonder how much NRL Cheika watches... What I mean by that is, I wonder if in the interview process, and I presume all applicants are asked the same questions, a question is asked "So where do you see our current set up lacking and what areas do you feel need addressing in your first 90 days?"....

The likes of Ryles, Hannay, Madge, McDermott etc are ensconced in NRL every week so would probably answer that sort of question with confidence and conviction. Cheika though I'm not sure. Maybe he does watch NRL religiously, who knows....
He might be excited about coaching captain Timmmy Mannah!

Sensei Cobra

Juniors

Good point but I don’t reckon it’s that hard … I mean many of the morons on here could come up with reasonable response but a professional like chieka…. With a little bit of research he’d have no problems

TheParraboy

Staff member

If he had that desire and passion, he not only would be watching some league but more importantly He would do some research , and be prepared. Wasnt he assistant to the Roosters at one stage?
Wouldnt be rocket science or something exclusive to the other applicants could answer only

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
A load of small talk to get a head coaching role and increased salary.

No thanks. I fear going down the same Kearney path again.

Cheika is it. Get him.
Agree. Much more upside potential. Its risky, but better than plod town with limited positives.

Latest posts