What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

King-Gutho94

Coach
Are you f**king shitting me?
@King-Gutho94 maybe instead of the easy option, they’ve decided to take the never ending contemplation option. We’ll be lucky to have a coach by the finals
BA might get the gig with Leeds before we announce our new coach.

Wouldn't that be ironic the coached we sacked could find a new head coaching job before we could settle on who we wanted to replace BA.

There was a good Brad Mic’d up piece where after the game, Moses is walking back to the sheds looking quite pleased with himself and Brad shirt fronts him and wipes the smile off his face pretty quickly lol.

The new coach has to be tough on some of your marquee jolly rodgers.

None of this JD appeasement approach.
The Allies would have surrendered under him and we’d all be speaking German now.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
I get that people are seeing that overlooking Cheika is a missed opportunity, however this continued allegation for the past 24 hrs, that that the decision makers don’t want the best man for the job is just plain silly.

“They didn’t pick my first choice, so therefore they must be incompetent or be dropping self interest agenda based sea anchors” is a tad irrational and unhinged guys.

The best way for the HOF, CEO and the board to feather their nest is to win the comp, rather than remain mid tier.
If only we were mid tier. We are now in bottom 4 Tiger territory.

I'm talking list vs performance. That's why we chopped the coach.
I’ve heard that too.

But my concern is that a few of your marquee have peaked.

Criticaly, the new coach has the embrace BA’s man management. He did a great job containing some of your players natural tendencies to be scrotus maximus.

I’ve heard some very bad things about (blank) private life from an ex junior.

Brad sorted him out.

So if Cowboys lock in Hannay, then Ryles ends up the Stephen Bradbury for the Eels job... unless it's like when the Dragons offered and he finds something to not like and declines?

JokerEel

Coach
A family friend coaches in the Q Cup and told me he has heard a lot of talk Peyton is looking to get the chop at Cowboys and they are working hard on Hannay. He has massive wraps on him up there.

If that were true Hannay would not still be putting his hand up for the Eels job..

Noise

Coach
Same I assume he turned down the Dragons as he thought the Storm gig was going to be coming up soon.. Bellamy is never retiring.
Yep, I reckon he thought if I go down there and do one year as an assistant I'll get Bellamy's job a year later.

Don’t forget the Phins are in the market too.

Benji is rumoured to be given until mid next year.

If that were true Hannay would not still be putting his hand up for the Eels job..
I think he will be wanting to play the field and see what he can extract and exploit.

Coaches are a greedy bunch.

Bennett can’t get enough. Notoriously over the top with his fees.

JokerEel

Coach
Yep, I reckon he thought if I go down there and do one year as an assistant I'll get Bellamy's job a year later.

Yeah he will most likely end up as our coach now.

If his first few words are not defense then he has already lost me ffs.

JokerEel

Coach
Don’t forget the Phins are in the market too.

Benji is rumoured to be given until mid next year.

I think he will be wanting to play the field and see what he can extract and exploit.

Coaches are a greedy bunch.

Bennett can’t get enough. Notoriously over the top with his fees.

Fins have a coach next year.

Hannay wont want to be hanging around for a just incase..

Eels coach is a heavily scrutinised position with lots of expectations.

You can’t just throw the old arm over, go on mid season holidays overseas with the family and appear in home beautiful …. like our coaches can.