What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Ryles

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters

84 Baby

Referee
Are you f**king shitting me?
@King-Gutho94 maybe instead of the easy option, they’ve decided to take the never ending contemplation option. We’ll be lucky to have a coach by the finals

I'm not sure how, or why, anyone would say that. My understanding is that the coach decides who he wants and it's MON's job to go get them like he did with Lomax.

This basically means that MON works for the talent identifier, whoever that may be. So wtf does Ryles or Hanny not having the balls to stand up to him, have to do with anything? MON works for what ever coach is in charge.
But as Emjaycee I think has told us, the HOF/MON works for the CEO and Board - not for the Coach (who also works for the CEO and Board).

So it can get a bit messy in there I think.

In the beginning there was bald.

Bald has died

Bald will rise again with vengeance

Let no man without sin, polish his head.

I am become deaf, the destroyer of hair.

True Bea-lievers will be saved, everyone else must die.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So we have reportedly had 2 of the best man manager's across 2 codes and who have experienced championship success make approaches to our club but we've either knocked them back with some lame excuse or changed our mind and chased them only after the other one signed to coach elsewhere....

The people in charge of this exercise are a laughing stock and our club is ridiculed by fans of other clubs as well as our own, and the media alike and I can't blame them. WTF is going on?
Yep. The issue has never been about our shit coaches. Our club is run by shitcakes who employ shit coaches. Until that changes we'll be mincing around the edges.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
In the beginning there was bald.

Bald has died

Bald will rise again with vengeance

Let no man without sin, polish his head.

I am become deaf, the destroyer of hair.

True Bea-lievers will be saved, everyone else must die.
In Silverdale's shadows, the Phantom writes,
His jokes fall flat in League Unlimited's nights.
Clumsy rhymes and humor so stark,
Yet he persists with passion in the dark.

Unfunny, he tries to bring delight,
But his poems fade into the digital night.
Misunderstood, yet he carries on,
Hoping one day his wit will dawn.

Very soothing.

I’ve missed you too.

This is one of the better threads on LU at moment and I’m enjoying all of the speculation, hatred, optimism, jokes, despondency, frustration and so forth.

As for the choker, Here he is with the Prince of Canada discussing privacy and the colour of Prince Williams kids.

9ED629D6-E790-4499-B881-DD27770999DD.jpeg

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My only concern is I want to use the rest of this season to recruit hard and I’m concerned that their roles within their current role makes that hard.

How does that normally work considering they can’t wait for talent? Do they work after hours with the recruitment committee and meet players we are targeting in their spare time?

I would assume both coaches have an opinion on what we need strength wise already.
I'm sure they're able to give their opinion to the recruitment/retention people at the club, same as the old coach. I doubt they're expected to be involved in negotiations though.

hindy111

Post Whore

I don't recall you using the word semen this year. Congratulations

Wally21

Bench
Reading the last few pages, what is definitely fact is that none of us truly know what is going on behind the scenes and why Hannay and Ryles are the last men standing. Hopefully one of them turns into a once in a generation successful coach.
What is truly naive however, is thinking that;

- CEO & Chairman have the best interests of the club and supporters at heart. They may do, but how many examples in society do you need to see before you realize, they are just as likely to be purely in it for themselves?
- HOF and others involved in recruitment would hire the best person for the job - yeah right… surely many of you have seen this play out in corporate world where the best person for the job is passed over because they would threaten the existence of the likes of HOF and CEO.
- A coach who has proven time and time again to be a success at the highest levels of his profession could not transfer his skillset to a different task, in this case rugby league. That is truly the most naive thinking of all.

Once again none of us know what the reality is, but considering life lessons, it’s not an unreasonable assumption to think that people making decisions at the club will do what’s BEST FOR THEMSELVES.

Eelementary

Post Whore
How come you don’t like Ryles ?
I reckon his background is a little more impressive than Hannah and I like that he would bring his own assistants and also didn’t compromise on what he needed for success at the dragons

I'm scarred from Bellamy assistants, I think.

And having watched how his teams play, I'm not sure he has what it takes.

I'm not thrilled over Hannay, either - but since the bloke I genuinely thought would turn things around for us was not even given a second interview, it has to be one of those two

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yep. The issue has never been about our shit coaches. Our club is run by shitcakes who employ shit coaches. Until that changes we'll be mincing around the edges.

Arthur has his flaws, but he was experienced.

I could not believe my eyes when we sacked him mid-season...and the options to replace him were rookies....

Wtf are they thinking?

I thought at the time, "Ok, they've sacked him mid-season, because they are making a big play for Bennett."

Then they f**ked that up.

This Board is useless.

Gronk

Staff member
Reading the last few pages, what is definitely fact is that none of us truly know what is going on behind the scenes and why Hannay and Ryles are the last men standing. Hopefully one of them turns into a once in a generation successful coach.
What is truly naive however, is thinking that;

- CEO & Chairman have the best interests of the club and supporters at heart. They may do, but how many examples in society do you need to see before you realize, they are just as likely to be purely in it for themselves?
- HOF and others involved in recruitment would hire the best person for the job - yeah right… surely many of you have seen this play out in corporate world where the best person for the job is passed over because they would threaten the existence of the likes of HOF and CEO.
- A coach who has proven time and time again to be a success at the highest levels of his profession could not transfer his skillset to a different task, in this case rugby league. That is truly the most naive thinking of all.

Once again none of us know what the reality is, but considering life lessons, it’s not an unreasonable assumption to think that people making decisions at the club will do what’s BEST FOR THEMSELVES.
I get that people are seeing that overlooking Cheika is a missed opportunity, however this continued allegation for the past 24 hrs, that that the decision makers don’t want the best man for the job is just plain silly.

“They didn’t pick my first choice, so therefore they must be incompetent or be dropping self interest agenda based sea anchors” is a tad irrational and unhinged guys.

The best way for the HOF, CEO and the board to feather their nest is to win the comp, rather than remain mid tier.

Latest posts