What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters
But on the top 30 I am interested what the club does...

I hope they don't go and sign some players just to fill those spots and get stuck with them next year if they are just fill ins
I'd imagine when the deadline comes on 1 July this year, we just upgrade three juniors/players outside of our top 27 (but who we want to keep in 2025 and/or beyond) to minimum NRL wage?

Especially if we don't have a 2025 coach appointed to agree and enable any potential recruitment activity.

I'd imagine when the deadline comes on 1 July this year, we just upgrade three juniors/players outside of our top 27 (but who we want to keep in 2025 and/or beyond) to minimum NRL wage?

Especially if we don't have a 2025 coach appointed to agree and enable any potential recruitment activity.
How many coaches can you upgrade to the top 30 before 1 November?!

And we need a mod to fix the poll, at least the option of an “other” so we can vote for that. We don’t ask for much.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Right now we are below average. I enjoyed our period from 20-22 where we were much more competitive. Hopefully the last couple of years is an anomaly and our performances on the field improve.
I dunno, the bar was very low and it was enjoyable but very surprising when they made the Grand Final both in 09 and 2022. Wouldn't it be nice to feel like they deserved it like in 2001 for a year. The Eels haven't been a team crushing mentally strong outfit for 23 years. I would argue the last time that was closest was in 2007 losing to the Storm in a preliminary final who happened to be cheating at the time. That may have been 5th but they dominated the majority of the season sitting 3rd only behind cheats and Manly. The rest of the seasons they haven't been world beaters.

Factually the best NRL season since 2001 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Parramatta_Eels_season

King-Gutho94

Coach
I dunno, the bar was very low and it was enjoyable but very surprising when they made the Grand Final both in 09 and 2022. Wouldn't it be nice to feel like they deserved it like in 2001 for a year. The Eels haven't been a team crushing mentally strong outfit for 23 years. I would argue the last time that was closest was in 2007 losing to the Storm in a preliminary final who happened to be cheating at the time. That may have been 5th but they dominated the majority of the season sitting 3rd only behind cheats and Manly. The rest of the seasons they haven't been world beaters.

Factually the best NRL season since 2001 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Parramatta_Eels_season
Manly had our measure in those 2 games we played them that year.

We probably finished where we deserved were too inconsistent from memory.

I went to Melbourne for that prelim and got unlucky no doubt.

But we never looked a consistent premiership side too laconic and Hagan let a culture develop with no responsibility for laziness.

EGJ was dropped 5 weeks too late.

Snoochies

First Grade
Which coach is the one who would attract players to the club?
Alot of players followed Ciraldo to the dogs, which of the options available have that same pulling power?