What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Ryles

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.2%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That doesn’t mean we are still currently improving because the win rate is back in decline. It means we were improving.
You need to look at the longer term trend. An 18 month decline is normal for even the best clubs. Even the Storm's win rate dropped significantly over the past two years ('22-'23). It didn't mean they were in decline, it's just a normal part of the squad maturity cycle.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Ten year rolling win rate. Even our five year rolling win rate is the best it's been since 2009, despite the last 18 months.
That statistic is designed to specifically counter or mask any obvious lack of improvement

By any definition we have declined the past two years

but of course you know that, because none of your posts should ever be taken in good faith as you are merely trolling.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That statistic is designed to specifically counter or mask any obvious lack of improvement
No, it just recognises that an NRL club is a big ship with a slow turning circle.
By any definition we have declined the past two years
Agreed, but two years is unrealistic for judging the strength of an NRL club. That's my point. Two years gives you enough info to judge the quality of a player.
but of course you know that, because none of your posts should ever be taken in good faith as you are merely trolling.
I'm merely trying to explain reality for you, so you don't explode in rage and abuse your pets.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Dean Young wasn't even a option on the poll to be next coach on here so no one has voted for him.

What a shambles.
Could it be that Holbrook remains in the running as well?
Also.
Where did the media get their Cheika info from? BS or does Cheika like a chat with the media?

That doesn’t mean we are still currently improving because the win rate is back in decline. It means we were improving.
Exactly. Pou "conveniently" forgot to compare (or to post) what happened to the five year win rate on an annual basis from say end 2022, to end 2023, and then BA's sacking in mid-2024.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No, it just recognises that an NRL club is a big ship with a slow turning circle.

Agreed, but two years is unrealistic for judging the strength of an NRL club. That's my point. Two years gives you enough info to judge the quality of a player.

I'm merely trying to explain reality for you, so you don't explode in rage and abuse your pets.

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The thing that gets me is that posters on this forum think it’s unreasonable that fans want their team to prioritise winning

I don't think anyone doesn't prioritize winning, it's the way they want to win where opinions differ.

We should hire this coach or that player, but they have no idea of what is going on behind the scenes or in the back office, except for the bullshit that the media feeds them.

Hence discussion is based more on opinion/speculation than fact.

However, if we didn't have varying opinions, forums wouldn't work.

No, the change room stuff I’ve seen, BA was tactically correct.
Except when the circumstances of games changed during the 80mins, then he was lost in adjusting or correcting our game plan. And I'm not sure what the bottles of water in the box ever achieved...
I was at the club once and a guy at the tab area told me that you were going to win the comp in 2022. He was pretty sure about it.
Might have been the same guy Emjaycee says stuff to, when he visits the club.

Noise

Coach
You need to look at the longer term trend. An 18 month decline is normal for even the best clubs. Even the Storm's win rate dropped significantly over the past two years ('22-'23). It didn't mean they were in decline, it's just a normal part of the squad maturity cycle.
Doesn’t mean they are still ‘improving’ though.

Latest posts